Thread: Faery/Rogue

Faery/Rogue

With Faery now having MS, Faery/rogue seems the best for t/m. They will have access to all spells (excluding Paladin spells) and all thieving ops. What does everyone one else.

Depends how quick your KD wants to grow, Elf might be better if your KD plans on growing quickly. A Faery Paladin would be useful too, all spells and can cast on others.

Just because you have access to everything doesn't mean you are going to be able to use it or that using it you will achieve something important. Faery has some big disadvantages(-pop and -income). I definitely would prefer dw/r over f/r. And the strength of faery is not the access to MS because you will be able to cast it only on attackers anyway(meaning you kill weak def specs). It's the access to NM/Amnesia(which you will cast again on attackers but with different goal).

Regular
    Exactly. With no natural advantage to Magic or thievery it doesn't matter if fae has all ops and spells. Will they be able to cast ms on a elf? Doubt it. Probably won't get through most heretics either regardless of race. Won't beat out a halfer rogue or dwarf rogue when it comes to theif ops. A decent heretic build on an elf would give it competition to. Fae rogue seems like the ultimate jack of all trades yea, but also the master of nothing for sure.
    Monarch Bad JuJu age 68

#badjuju
    #vivalakandis
    #gombe

Needs to get out more
    I think one way to look at faery/whatever is to envision the role of occupation, as in the logistical force behind invasion. When your attackers need to turn focus elsewhere, the faery can take on the final dismantling of enemy provinces.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Faery seems weak to me. Their only obvious bonuses are access to spells and some defense. As Bo To said, just because you have the spells doesn't mean you'll be able to cast them effectively.
    - "He's kinda awesome..."

Needs to get out more
    The other way of looking at this is how kingdoms may run their core wpa. Because paladin has no intrinsic bonus it begs for a racial caster of considerable strength in most traditional kingdom strats. In loading your t/m allotment with self spell casters, you'll probably see kingdoms built on a completely different order.

The faery can cast a dizzying number of self spells, but we also have to think in mana/rune expenditure. Still,..loading an attacker with faery self spells is an interesting notion. I could see running subcores specific to spell augmentation, while others maintain a traditional build pattern.

This is partly why I'm still toying with The Virtual Kingdom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

BoBo loves Faery though.

ToG all day, amiright?
    :P

I'll miss you bro
    Eventually get some sleep after long wars... or else your girlfriend going to start asking you if she should stay with her mom or her dad...and you start asking her how much modified defense to break them.

Thread Information