Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Race - Dryad

Post Fiend

New Race - Dryad

Bonuses

Double Strength War Horses
    Mercenaries fight with 7 strength

Whats the goal of those two bonuses? I mean there are very very easy ops to counter them.

I guess it's easy to counter these for one province, with a kingdom of 15 dryads, could they be stopped before the damage is done with their easy 300OPA?

Also w/watch towers, CS (as tact) and the new Paladin spell to reduce thievery ops it might not be as valuable as people think to spend stealth on killing war horses

Post Fiend
    Even if you steal horses they still have 14/2 elites

Needs to get out more
    Well the horse power(get it) was a suggestion I made to give humans a little pizzazz last age. Noting the great cavalry scenes in so many movies and documented historic rep, I thought it was a standout human characteristic. It's here, so we can expect it to migrate as the ages pass.

Thank you devs for including the feature.

But yes, I thought tac immediately myself; not for the speed as much as CS for the horses and whiskey for my men. I'll admit I'm looking at heretic because the opa with food efficiency and lack of debilitating negatives make it worth a glance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Regular
    hey eh this is not cool i had an entire spreadsheet ready for my treant warhero. now there's no treants....

Can anyone tell me the point of going Dryad/Paladin? Seems to be a popular choice, and I really don't see why :)

Regular
    a majority of those are just a placeholder til kingdoms decide their setups

I like to post
    Quote Originally Posted by rob418 View Post
    I guess it's easy to counter these for one province, with a kingdom of 15 dryads, could they be stopped before the damage is done with their easy 600OPA?
    Fixed that for ya ^^

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Kriet View Post
    Can anyone tell me the point of going Dryad/Paladin? Seems to be a popular choice, and I really don't see why :)
    yeah...not getting razed out for not being able to attack 2 x per day in war because of casting nice spells on others.

Post Demon
    thrill of trying something new and hard got nerfed for me, I'd say war hero on Dryad would give the best start possible, but it will be weaker later, still considdering pros and cons as it looked like human/tactician got a bit to mainstream and I'd rather experiment with something that is not top 5 pick.

Again it looks like a race where playing safe could work out, so get def specs>elites at a ratio of maybe 5:3 or arround that figure, they do not need to be able to 4x everyone, they need to be able to prevent being 4xed themself or eventually barracks is going to drop. The counter on Dryad core in war could be to spend 1 wave every day to do 1x max gains in combination with 3x raze on all enemy Dryads, not only will this hammer their Barracks and slow them considderable, it will force them to spend resurces on rebuilding rather than on overpowered mercenaries and could force horses to leave too.

Forum Addict
    Dryad Paladin is about the least synergistic combo to come along since Faery Tactician, I sure hope this isn't a foreboding sign as to the intelligence of the Utopian community on average...

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by Verminator View Post
    Dryad Paladin is about the least synergistic combo to come along since Faery Tactician, I sure hope this isn't a foreboding sign as to the intelligence of the Utopian community on average...
    Without CS nothing matters lol. - that was a joke

I think we're forgetting those are self spells(amiright?). The paladin narcissist can cover some hefty territory on their own. It's APPLICABLE to casters but pretty formidable as a self-propelled canon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by StratOcastle View Post
    Without CS nothing matters lol. - that was a joke

I think we're forgetting those are self spells(amiright?). The paladin narcissist can cover some hefty territory on their own. It's APPLICABLE to casters but pretty formidable as a self-propelled canon.
    It feels like those strats that are loading up on Dryad Paladins are probably expecting to rely on the Dryad race itself for the punch and the Paladin part to get spells on anyone in the kingdom at any time. It's a risk to go that one-dimensional and I can't see over-Dryad-ed kingdoms getting many wars, so maybe just a growth thing, though there are better choices by far for that... huh.

Quote Originally Posted by Verminator View Post
    It feels like those strats that are loading up on Dryad Paladins are probably expecting to rely on the Dryad race itself for the punch and the Paladin part to get spells on anyone in the kingdom at any time. It's a risk to go that one-dimensional and I can't see over-Dryad-ed kingdoms getting many wars, so maybe just a growth thing, though there are better choices by far for that... huh.
    I think they don't want the ability to cast spells on others but the unique spells pala has :D.

Thread Information