Thread: Not receiving Verify Emails

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Not receiving Verify Emails

I just made an account to play the game but I still have not received my email to verify my account. It's been over 3 hours! Why should it take this long to get an email?

Needs to get out more
    Good questions.

I'd imagine the new devs might be fairly busy.

Welcome to the forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

ok I understand that but shouldn't that just be set up to automatically send me an email? That is how it is with anything I've ever received a verify email. lol I guess I have to wait till tomorrow haha

also as you can tell I'm on the forums. You have to verify your email. So why isn't the verify and forgot password emails not on the same system as the forums? Why would they be completely different. I got my forum email instantly!

Quote Originally Posted by buredonotenshi View Post
    also as you can tell I'm on the forums. You have to verify your email. So why isn't the verify and forgot password emails not on the same system as the forums? Why would they be completely different. I got my forum email instantly!
    Different servers. The game sends out about 200k emails at age start. I think we had to up our allowance to allow the verifications to go out faster.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Should be pretty quick like with the forums. Jeff has seen the thread so he's aware.

Stupid question, but you checked your spam folder?

yes I did. I tried to recover my password for my account I made a few years ago and never got an email on that email. So I made a whole other account thinking I could at least get into the game before having to verify completely and see how it is now, but I never received any emails other than the forum email.

funny thing is I received an email from the game at like 4am today and was like I'm going to try it out again. So I don't see why I can't get my verify emails lol weird stuff

The developers personally write each verification email. It's really more of a welcome story about the game. There's so much history to this game, being around for 20 years, that the developers want to catch you up, make sure you're included. So much of the conversation in these great Utopia Forums revolves around historic events, that it's really unfair for anyone trying to join in without background knowledge.

You would assume that the emails would be similar and could be formed quickly, just adding new events, but Jeff wants to keep the forums interesting. To accomplish this, he gives varying information in each verification email in order to give people different perspectives of the same events, giving everyone a definitive opinion of events that happened years ago and something to argue about.
    Quote Originally Posted by vines View Post
    100 is the same 1. And 1/92 just means .92.

| Blade of Dragons Mate | Mythos | S 1 3 3 7 Y | Desolated Mythos | Pandas | Barcoloco |

Forum Addict
    I have gone through sign-ups and I have made a script to resend verification email to the 33 people affected.

Happy new age!

Post Demon
    Any time shedule for creating shell kingdoms, have not heard from support in 24 hours. I understand they are very bussy, but would appriciate to get started in freeze time.

Quote Originally Posted by Madchess View Post
    Any time shedule for creating shell kingdoms, have not heard from support in 24 hours. I understand they are very bussy, but would appriciate to get started in freeze time.
    Your request will be processed when it's processed, probably in the next couple of hours. Age start is busy as a lot of people send in requests. Some requests are fast, some take longer. Ensure if you have mailed you include all the info required - often I get mails about new shells when people have no provs, no identifiers ( like I have no idea what kd they want to join) or from emails with no game account at all. All that stuff slows me down.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Administrator
    If this issue has not been resolved, please reach out to us at the support email directly.

Thread Information