Thread: Laboratories

Scribe
    Humans now on 28, non humans now on 22.

Human: +9, +10, +9
    Non human: +8, +7, +7

Quote Originally Posted by Kemia View Post
    Current scientist generation 28%

is taht right?
    Yes, 9.375 * 3 = ~ 28% (after rounding).

That being said, non-Humans are showing 22% instead of the 23% I expected (7.5 * 3 = 22.5), so that leads me to believe that the spawn rate may be a little less than 7.5%. It'll become more clear with subsequent ticks, I'm sure.

EDITED to responded to Coffee:

Quote Originally Posted by Coffee View Post
    Human: +9, +10, +9
    Non human: +8, +7, +7
    You've got the right idea, but the numbers are off. Since it's a flat rate, it's going to be the same each tick so you can't leave the decimals out.
    Last edited by Crystopher; 23-05-2017 at 20:14. Reason: Avoiding double post

Veteran
    do you manual calc your numbers too? or use calculators to help with equations for solutions? just curious

Quote Originally Posted by Kemia View Post
    do you manual calc your numbers too? or use calculators to help with equations for solutions? just curious
    Oh no, I have a spreadsheet that does that for me. If need be I'll manually calc things for perfectionist's sake (I always manually calc my break amounts on attacks, for instance).

Veteran
    yeah i use calculators to help me get the specific percentage i need to send so i utilize my offense more effectively myself

Post Fiend
    "current scientist generation" could be misleading. It's really "% toward next scientist". Could be replaced (or paired with) a graphic that fills up as your % increases. Or my preferred solution - a Frankenstein monster-like construction of your next scientist. Stitch on 7.5% more of a person each tick. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Drys View Post
    "current scientist generation" could be misleading. It's really "% toward next scientist". Could be replaced (or paired with) a graphic that fills up as your % increases. Or my preferred solution - a Frankenstein monster-like construction of your next scientist. Stitch on 7.5% more of a person each tick. :)
    Seems pretty clear to me: you're currently generating a scientist and you're xx% of the way there. A graphic would be nice, but the game has very few graphics as is so I don't see it being a huge issue.

Also, we'll know the exact spawn rate after the tick. If non-Humans go to 29% progress, the rate is 7.3%. If they go to 30%, the rate is 7.4%. I'll have the wiki updated once confirmed.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystopher View Post
    Seems pretty clear to me: you're currently generating a scientist and you're xx% of the way there. A graphic would be nice, but the game has very few graphics as is so I don't see it being a huge issue.

Also, we'll know the exact spawn rate after the tick. If non-Humans go to 29% progress, the rate is 7.3%. If they go to 30%, the rate is 7.4%. I'll have the wiki updated once confirmed.

Nice work boss.

Veteran
    Current scientist generation 38%

human rate.

Scribe
    and checkin' in from the non human side: Current scientist generation 30%

Hrm, I'm gonna have to do more testing it seems. Those numbers would suggest the value actually is 7.5%, else Human progress should be 37%.

7.4 * 1.25 = 9.25 (progression rate for Humans)
    9.25 * 4 ticks = 37%

I swear, if it turns out to be a multiple decimal point number, I'm gonna politely smile at the devs. Politely :)

Aaaand confirmed to be 7.5% for non-Humans, 9.375% for Humans.

Revelation looks to be +25% to the rate. So basically a non human running rev would be 9.375% per tick as well.

Awesome, thanks! Is there anyone else that can confirm this before I update it to the wiki? Or lake, if you could share the before and after numbers so that I can confirm it here, that'd be good to.

I'm also calculating rev to give +25%. This made me has a sad. The wiki said it be double.

Thread Information