Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Laboratories

Quote Originally Posted by 5ully View Post
    I'm also calculating rev to give +25%. This made me has a sad. The wiki said it be double.
    That's why I wanted to confirm it; the science system just received a significant change so of course some info doesn't match. I'll be updating the wiki sometime tonight or tomorrow to reflect this new info.

Post Fiend
    Good work on this be interesting to see what Labs do on top of this then
    Original wearer of the Raikonhat

The latest note in Age Changes about Revelation (Age 71) is changing it from 100% to 30%. No change for this Age was mentioned, possible this also would fit the calcs people are getting 25% with?

Its a difference of 0.00375 generated/tick so the rounding could easily make 30% look like 25% from tick to tick.

Post Fiend
    Any human this tick see if it just resets to 0% or 3%?

Edit: Reset to 0% apparently told by a friend lame
    Last edited by Raikon; 24-05-2017 at 04:18. Reason: Found out answer
    Original wearer of the Raikonhat

Quote Originally Posted by RattleHead View Post
    The latest note in Age Changes about Revelation (Age 71) is changing it from 100% to 30%. No change for this Age was mentioned, possible this also would fit the calcs people are getting 25% with?

Its a difference of 0.00375 generated/tick so the rounding could easily make 30% look like 25% from tick to tick.
    Wiki updated, not sure how that got missed. Thanks :)

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystopher View Post
    Wiki updated, not sure how that got missed. Thanks :)
    I've been keeping up with it, it's def at least 30%, on my faery with Rev on starting from 0% no labs I went to 10% one tick then 20% next tick. So it has to be more then human 9.345 or ehichever number they had.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Raikon View Post
    Any human this tick see if it just resets to 0% or 3%?

Edit: Reset to 0% apparently told by a friend lame
    Right lame. That means if your boosting sci production it has to get u a scientist st least one tick earlier for it to be worth anything.

We'll change that.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

The base rate at which scientists are spawned seems to be 7.5% per tick or close to it. The rounding out seems weird, but over a stretch of time it becomes clear. (15, 30, 45 etc every 2 ticks). Assuming Labs + Revelation is multiplicative

If I were to run 20% Labs with Revelation active I would get the following scientist generation.

0.075 * 1.64 * 1.3 = 0.1599 % of a scientists per hour.

0.1599 * 24 = 3.8376 scientists per day

The scientist cap is 200 and we start with 30

So to max out the number of scientists it 200 / 3.8376 ~ 52.1 days to max out science.

So if we don't fight and stay scie-pumping all age, with Rev on, we'll max out scientists at 7 weeks and 4 days into the age. Then we aren't even counting the time it takes for them to become professors.

Chances most warring KD's wont even have a chance to run Labs most of the times.

It seems to me that TM's will struggle alot to reach the caps, which is unfortunate, because it takes such a long time to build up your province as it is while warring, because there's elites and wizards to pump too. I feel the scientist generation is a bit too harsh, and it will significantly favor any KD that fights easy wars or dont war at all most of the age. It leads to abducts from TMs on land-def provinces in war and that is a sure way to guarantee even more destructive wars
    Last edited by Minty; 24-05-2017 at 12:31.

The 30% max isn't correct, so I'm hoping Bishop is going to change the wording in the changes and not the actual lab effect.

My current lab effects are +69.75%. 7.5(base gen) * 1.6975(lab) * 1.25(rev) = ~16%/tick which I am indeed getting.

The reset to 0 seems a little annoying, just start training the next guy you stupid lab. I guess I'll have to factor the remainder into my labs. It sounds like I'm wasting 12%.... Wait maybe this is what Bishop is changing. Yes. Change this.

Scribe
    Minty I don't think BE affects labs (would be happy to be wrong on this tho :p)

Quote Originally Posted by Coffee View Post
    Minty I don't think BE affects labs (would be happy to be wrong on this tho :p)
    You are right, it doesnt.

My prov lines up with the current wiki. 4% base, 95% max, unaffected by BE.

Can someone give me a quick reasoning why labs/guilds aren't affected by BE? Seems like an inefficient school/guild would take longer to produce a scientist/wizard.

Quote Originally Posted by 5ully View Post
    My prov lines up with the current wiki. 4% base, 95% max, unaffected by BE.

Can someone give me a quick reasoning why labs/guilds aren't affected by BE? Seems like an inefficient school/guild would take longer to produce a scientist/wizard.
    I think that's the point? Given that Guilds are the only way to generate wizards, it'd probably be a bad time to have them be affected by BE. Can't answer for Labs, but I'd call it an intentional decision. I'm ok with it not being affected by BE.

Farms are the only way to generate food. Towers are the only way to generate runes. Well, I guess there's aid/stealing. The capacity of buildings I get. The inefficiencies don't change the size of the structure, but I just can't wrap my head around why the distinction was made with guilds/labs - every other building is affected by BE.

Thread Information