Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Land Based Gains

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    That's not true. None of my design for magic or thievery had anything to do with assisting chains.
    I'd actually go further and say that most of the magic or thievery had the opposite effect -- they reduced the efficacy of chains on a gains per hit basis. Think about nightmares -- you removed a ton of NW from a target, often resulting in your chain being bottomfeed hits instead of topfeed hits, and limiting the amount of damage you could do. By adding a land factor, NM chaining is actually more effective than it used to be because you are not getting reduced gains for at least part of the gains formula.

The same holds true of NS -- removed NW reduces gains if you NS heavily.

Beyond that, the other kinds of ops do exist. If deep chaining is less effective (and I'm not sure I buy this, you just need a different strategy for deep chaining than having a core that is all the same land size -- a more spread core (which means you need less recovery time, too), is now more effective at deep chaining), then econ strategies (e.g. fireballs, kidnaps, meteor showers, incite riots, chastity, the new anti-draft op, storms, arson, starvation (e.g. drought, gluttony, rob the granaries, greater arson) are all highly effectively. And are still ops. Particularly duration ops such as riots, MS, drought/gluttony/storms/chastity/greed, are highly effective at reducing econ and helping secure long-term advantages.

If the goal is to remove target offense, things like blizzard, starvation, forcing reduced wages via econ control, etc -- are highly effective. You are also significantly underestimating the value of arson/tornadoes -- I've seen provinces get overpopped and desert from no relations arsons, let alone in war. Beyond that, everyone has the same challenges, right? So if your argument is that offense is too strong, that sounds like an argument for running attackers. And yet attackers are less popular this age, which runs contrary to that argument.

Lol the new owners both play in Top KD and made this new gain system, they both know exactly how it works.

We wont tell anyone...... LOL.

Why tell anyone when you can lead the war and make your provs hit select targets? I guarantee everyone in CR knows the formula
    #unforgiven

I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears, and sweat.
    - Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by KrakenDomes View Post
    Lol the new owners both play in Top KD and made this new gain system, they both know exactly how it works.

We wont tell anyone...... LOL.

Why tell anyone when you can lead the war and make your provs hit select targets? I guarantee everyone in CR knows the formula
    Do not spread misinformation, thanks.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Do not spread misinformation, thanks.
    lol the only thing that could misleading is all of CR knowing, the LEADERS know exactly how it works because they implemented it.

Keep swinging on those balls though.
    #unforgiven

I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears, and sweat.
    - Winston Churchill

Consider CR doesnt exist that might be hard.

We don't have a conspiracy forum so maybe you can use the next 24 hours to just relax a bit.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by KrakenDomes View Post
    lol the only thing that could misleading is all of CR knowing, the LEADERS know exactly how it works because they implemented it.

Keep swinging on those balls though.
    the owners dont play in CR, they plan in a <25 man kd no where near the top of any chart

Postaholic
    Yep, I played with Munk last age in a sub 25 man kd. He got Awed instantly every war because he forgot to build WT's. Being privy to formulas doesn't make you a good player, as Munk was kind enough to unintentionally demonstrate. #shotsfired #donate

Enthusiast
    Its not changed.
    Their was a hot fix jefft called it a little while ago. Anyways regardless I have provinces with low net high land that can't hit up or down for ok gains. But someone twice there size with higher net getting same gains or close to It. How is that land based gains? Anyways first war loved the gain system, second war it makes absoulotly no sense. Maybe it's just me. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearted View Post
    But someone twice there size with higher net getting same gains or close to It.
    By gains you mean % or flat number?

Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearted View Post
    Their was a hot fix jefft called it a little while ago. Anyways regardless I have provinces with low net high land that can't hit up or down for ok gains. But someone twice there size with higher net getting same gains or close to It. How is that land based gains? Anyways first war loved the gain system, second war it makes absoulotly no sense. Maybe it's just me. ;)
    There was a hot fix a day in but no one would really have noticed it as it only affected outliers really.

Gains are not land based, they are a hybrid. You will still get best gains hitting close to your own size.

There was a hot fix a day in but no one would really have noticed it as it only affected outliers really.

Gains are not land based, they are a hybrid. You will still get best gains hitting close to your own size.
    This is starting to get EXTREMELY frustrated. The changes that you implemented with this LBG crap need to be explained in extensive detail. Do you get better gains hitting near NW 105-120% or Land??? Now you are saying both. So how do we calculate that for best gains? Is munk updated with it aswell. And does this apply for abducts/plunders as well? Or are those NW based? When you go ahead and implement these obsurd changes, you can't just let us go ahead and figure it out for ourselves, as it royally screws those who ACTUALLY play the game for something...
    “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
    - unknown

Numbers are a lie anyway. May as well keep them hidden.
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by umajon911 View Post
    This is starting to get EXTREMELY frustrated. The changes that you implemented with this LBG crap need to be explained in extensive detail. Do you get better gains hitting near NW 105-120% or Land??? Now you are saying both. So how do we calculate that for best gains? Is munk updated with it aswell. And does this apply for abducts/plunders as well? Or are those NW based? When you go ahead and implement these obsurd changes, you can't just let us go ahead and figure it out for ourselves, as it royally screws those who ACTUALLY play the game for something...
    You really don't understand how gains work yet? It's been like 3 weeks...have you attacked more than once?

Quote Originally Posted by Meep View Post
    You really don't understand how gains work yet? It's been like 3 weeks...have you attacked more than once?
    Nope... I sit on my thumb waiting to be engaged by you. Do me a favor and engage me. Show me how this LBG works.
    “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
    - unknown

Thread Information