Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Land Based Gains

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Hit someone near you is as much info as you'll get, figure it out :)
    Can I get a hint on whether the relative KD land size plays a factor like relative KD NW does?
    Retired at one time but no longer retired.

Veteran
    TBH, I havent much noticed a difference. Gains have always been based on % of total land, its just that now there is a % meter for it in the war room. The game calc for gaims may have changed, but with the way I've always picked targets, (based on NWPA) I dont notice a difference. We're in our 1st war already, and chaining doesn't seem to be effected either; except that there is actually a meter in the war room for the % of land that they have.

One question that I WOULD pose regarding this is whether or not the land % will effect gains for abducts once we start doing them. I'm thinking that it should not, but the meter is still there. When I looked for abduct/learn targets in the past, I've always looked for targets with high NWPA.
    Long live Mehul!

NW for non land attacks, but I will double-check tomorrow.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Veteran
    Last edited by Crazyguy; 25-05-2017 at 23:41. Reason: Oops double posted
    Long live Mehul!

Post Demon
    I don't think it would be worth it to abduct in your first war, it is likely to give 0 or 1 at best, later on you can hit for 4 or 5 depending on the target.

Veteran
    Of course. That's why I said "when we start doung them" for sure it would be a waste right now; thank you though.
    Long live Mehul!

At the moment abducts are extremely cheap. The gain might be low but the losses are much lower and easier to retrain compared with late in the age.

Post Demon
    if you 5x me for science now and I 1x you for the same number later on you would have spent a lot of time gaining absolutely nothig from me while I might spend the time saved on dooing something else.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    NW for non land attacks, but I will double-check tomorrow.
    All attacks use the same formula to determine gains. We had previously discussed what bishop is thinking ^^ but that was rejected to keep the gains system simpler.
    Please e-mail Utopia Support for any in-game related issues at UtopiaSupport@Utopia-Game.com

Account Deleted or Inactive? Click here!

Utopia Facebook Page <== Like us on Facebook and join the conversation!
    Follow us on Twitter @UtopiaClassic

Come join the MUGA Community on Discord: https://discord.gg/NZ4KywF

Administrator
    Also, check out the game update just posted for an update to how gains work this age! We just implemented a hotfix a few hours ago to correct the formula to better fit our expectations for how it should work!
    Please e-mail Utopia Support for any in-game related issues at UtopiaSupport@Utopia-Game.com

Hi David,
    Thanks for the update, but I still have my question, does KD Land get factored in or is it only province land for gains?
    Retired at one time but no longer retired.

Forum Addict
    Seeing a lot of uneven results in first war, lots of perks to hitting up. You can get the same gains from hitting very far away from your size but hitting UP, as you can by hitting close to your size but hitting even or down. Even the formula guys in our kingdom are shrugging at this, apparently wars will now go on and on because chaining not only loses steam drastically the longer it goes on, but also doesn't actually keep anyone down unless you sink countless single digit hits into a province to completely bury them. Lots of disgruntled folks not sure how to even adjust to something that makes such little sense as this.
    Last edited by Verminator; 27-05-2017 at 02:57.

Forum Addict
    department of redundancy department.
    Last edited by Verminator; 27-05-2017 at 02:56.

Administrator
    When formulas change, so must strategies. Strategies that worked for previous formulas will either a) not work at all or; b) not be as effective. Part of Utopia is adapting to changes.

War is very different from out of war, there are mechanics that have been in place for a long time that affect war gains. These mechanics were tweaked last age slightly which created a new dynamic and coupled with the revision of the gains formula entirely it's no doubt that previously used strategies will not work the same as they had before.

Forum Addict
    Dude I'm all about changing strategies, we play this game because it's one of the premier strategy games out there, but to develop new strategies we need to be able to discern what we're working with. This new formula is either;

a) not consistent and predictable enough to allow for strategies to be developed, or

b) does not mesh with other aspects of the game to allow those aspects to impact the game properly

By adhering to the age old tactic of not sharing any even remotely detailed information with the player base about what your new vision actually entails, you're creating upheaval without potential for relief. Keeping things secret is fine, but you need to create a system that allows for strategies to be developed by examining the formulas in action. So far in war, there have been a lot of inconsistencies and thus a lot of frustration trying to figure out how to adapt.

Thread Information