Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hu/sage A/t/m?

Veteran

hu/sage A/t/m?

is it possible? if so, any tips on how to run a full attack t/m with this combo?

Quote Originally Posted by Kemia View Post
    is it possible? if so, any tips on how to run a full attack t/m with this combo?
    Do attacks, do thief ops, do mage ops.

Veteran
    Get lots of science. Work closely with any paladin in your kingdom to get them to maintain revelation(if the Paladin is feary) 24/7. Humans have a -10% wpa penalty which will make casting spells a bit harder. Always run very high ammounts of guilds out of war. 60-70% just to get your WPA up. Manage your war build. It is going to be hard to fit in everything so you're gonna need to make consesions about how effective you're going to be in the area's. You can't run a full attacker build with rax, TG, stables and GS.

Go for high amount of towers, homes(you need the pop) and Thiefdens instead. Skip out on stables and try to steal warhorses for extra offense. If you grow your TPA/WPA will inflate to the point that casting ops/spells might become too difficult. Rather then keeping up your homes, thiefdens and towers build watchtowers, banks and guardstations. That way you can try to keep the acres and boost your econ (if you don't get fireballed).

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Milkman View Post
    Get lots of science. Work closely with any paladin in your kingdom to get them to maintain revelation(if the Paladin is feary) 24/7. Humans have a -10% wpa penalty which will make casting spells a bit harder. Always run very high ammounts of guilds out of war. 60-70% just to get your WPA up. Manage your war build. It is going to be hard to fit in everything so you're gonna need to make consesions about how effective you're going to be in the area's. You can't run a full attacker build with rax, TG, stables and GS.

Go for high amount of towers, homes(you need the pop) and Thiefdens instead. Skip out on stables and try to steal warhorses for extra offense. If you grow your TPA/WPA will inflate to the point that casting ops/spells might become too difficult. Rather then keeping up your homes, thiefdens and towers build watchtowers, banks and guardstations. That way you can try to keep the acres and boost your econ (if you don't get fireballed).
    I have an idea for my strat anyways.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Realistically, no. You just don't have enough population to fill each role with an adequate amount of power.

Of course a sage with max sciences on prince honor with the max war tier bonuses could probably do whatever he or she wanted but that's not a realistic expectation to plan on

Veteran
    I agree with Palem. And if you were going to plan on prince then go war hero ;)

You can DO it, ofc, but it won't be very good.

Post Fiend
    would human/heretic work? or is sage better?

Veteran
    Why try to stick mage on a race that has two magic nerfs?
    Josh; leader of a lovable band of misfits, Pinoys, and probable virgins.

My Raging Clue

*If a Utopian falls in the woods, and no-one is around to see him...was he still bottom-feeding?

Veteran
    It depends on what you want to do with your human. Casting nm on an elf/mystic will be nearly impossible but fireballing another human who didn't spend time pumping wizards should be possible.

Heretic will do better due to the rune refund but doing better is not the same as doing good. Human magic penalties will make spell casting difficult. Better option would be dwarf (if you want to do magic as well)
    Last edited by Milkman; 23-05-2017 at 13:13.

Post Fiend
    Well I was thinking they would help the human penalties but you made some good points, I'll go sage then, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfric View Post
    Well I was thinking they would help the human penalties but you made some good points, I'll go sage then, thanks.
    Sometimes you can negate a penalty directly, such as sticking rogue on undead to get all thief ops, but usually you are better working with their bonuses.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Post Fiend
    I'm beginning to realise that, I think I was obsessing too much over their penalties and how to counter them instead of what you say working on their bonuses, in the case of humans their science.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    Realistically, no. You just don't have enough population to fill each role with an adequate amount of power.

Of course a sage with max sciences on prince honor with the max war tier bonuses could probably do whatever he or she wanted but that's not a realistic expectation to plan on
    so then should i stick to full attacker using the sci mods for wpa/tpa protection then?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Milkman View Post
    It depends on what you want to do with your human. Casting nm on an elf/mystic will be nearly impossible but fireballing another human who didn't spend time pumping wizards should be possible.

Heretic will do better due to the rune refund but doing better is not the same as doing good. Human magic penalties will make spell casting difficult. Better option would be dwarf (if you want to do magic as well)

my ultimate goal was fireballing and nsing attackers with inflated tpa/wpa from mods too running TD instead of watch towers and guilds too

Regular
    The biggest problem that always existed with depending on science for anything is that it normally takes too long into the age to have a great effect. Not sure how that'll work with new sci this age, but that's been the problem traditionally.
    Monarch Bad JuJu age 68

#badjuju
    #vivalakandis
    #gombe

Thread Information