Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Decimal Wizards

Decimal Wizards

I know I've seen threads about this, but I couldn't find them with my searches...

I was under the impression that if you made for example 0.8 wizards/tick, that the first tick of the game you would not produce a wizard, but that you would be guaranteed one the next tick, with 0.6 of a wizard 'on deck' for the next tick after that. With 0.6 on deck, you would make a wizard the next tick again, and have 0.4 'on deck' for the next tick... etc.

But with 0.8 Wizards/Tick I produced one the first tick of the game. So now I have to believe a decimal Wizard/tick correlates to a %chance of producing that 1 Wizard. At 0.8 you would have 80% chance to produce 1 Wizard each tick. At 1.6 you would produce 1 Wizard, and have a 60% chance to produce another?

Side note: I also thought BR is supposed to be ~2.05% ... I popped out 93 (3.1%) new peasants first tick also, with no BR perks from my Race/Personality setup and no spells up. Is this something that is different in protection, or just been awhile since BR info is updated perhaps?

Protection has a BR buff, it lasts a week or so. Wizard chance is per guild I think?
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

I thought that was the way oolllld way? Aren't Guilds listed as a 'Flat Rate' building?

Yeah, doesn't stop them being per guild though. Mind you it's been years since I looked at wizard spawn.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|

From the wiki:

http://wiki.utopia-game.com/index.ph...s_of_Buildings

"2% Chance of Training a Wizard Daily (per Guild)" The flat rate per guild is "0.02 Wizards Trained Per Day."

Since everyone starts with 40 guilds, that gives you an 80% chance to train a wizard that tick. Once you reach 50 guilds, it becomes 100% and it guarantees you that many wizards per day. That's how I'm translating it, at least.

Yeah, that's how I understand it also.

0.02 wizards per day makes sense for a flat rate building ... but that is not the same the same as 2% chance per guild. It has to be one or the other doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by RattleHead View Post
    0.02 wizards per day makes sense for a flat rate building ... but that is not the same the same as 2% chance per guild. It has to be one or the other doesn't it?
    It does when you understand that they're two separate things. The fact that you received a wizard on the first tick and the fact that I didn't is proof of that (I just reached 12 wizards after 3 ticks; if your theory in the OP were correct, I should already be at 13). Until you reach "1 wizard trained/day" with 50 guilds, then you only have a percentage chance to gain a wizard.

Of course, it can always be tested by counting the number of wizards you receive per tick. Be sure to keep count and let me know what you get :)

Regular
    Ok, so here's the understanding of the two options assuming there are 105 guilds and 0 wizards:

Option 1: 0.02 wizards per guild per tick
    If remainder gets carried over:
    • 2.1 wizards a tick
    • 2 wizards spawn and .1 carries over to the next tick

If remainder does not get carried over:
    • 2.1 wizards a tick
    • 2 wizards spawn

Option 2: 0.02% wizards per guild per tick
    If remainder gets carried over:
    • 210% wizards a tick
    • 100% chance to spawn 2 wizards and 10% gets carried over

If remainder does not get carried over:
    • 210% wizards a tick
    • 100% chance to spawn 2 wizards and a 10% chance for a 3rd wizard

Looking at that it would seem silly if remainders don't get carried over. In option 1 you would have 5 useless guilds and in option 2 you have a slim chance of getting a 3rd wizard, making those 5 guilds useless (or more if you want to gamble on a 99% chance or lower of getting 2 wizards).

I'll be putting data to a spreadsheet. Will also be looking at if be% plays a part. Look forward to seeing the results.
    Last edited by cnt; 13-09-2017 at 02:11.

Post Fiend
    Well, are the percentages additive, or does each guild actually operate separately from the others?

If they are additive, then yes, essentially 105 guilds would guarantee 2 wizards with a chance for a third.

But if they operate separately, each guild attempts to make a wizards, with a 2% chance of success, each turn. This could mean that 100 guilds would (at an EXTREMELY small chance) create 100 wizards in a single tick, or even 10k guilds could potential create zero. RNG could play havoc with some folks..

Now, my understanding is that it is additive, so your 2nd calculation would be correct. 105 guilds = 2 wizards, with a 10% chance for 1 more. This cuts down on RNG going crazy and some people getting massive numbers of wizards, while others are unable to get hardly any.

Regular
    LuckySports it's 100% additive. The question still remains whether or not its 0.02 wizards or 0.02% wizards per guild per tick. Also whether or not the decimal or extra percentage carries over.

And... I have concluded that, either way, wizard production is not affected by be%.

Regular
    It's 0.02%.

Below I made a table of my actual stats seeing if it was 0.02 wizards per guild per tick and not % based. As you will see it confirms that it is not the correct formula for wizard production.

decimal wizard production actual wizards actual wiz. gain predicted gained
    4673.44 3.78 4,673 - -
    4677.22 3.78 4,677 4 4
    4681 3.78 4,681 4 4
    4684.78 3.78 4,684 3 3
    4688.56 3.78 4,688 4 4
    4692.34 3.78 4,692 4 4
    1696.12 3.78 4,695 3 4

Why?
    • We are adding 3.78 each time to the decimal amount (189 guilds x 0.02).
    • The predicted wizard gain is the integer of the addition of the previous wizard decimal amount and 3.78
    • In row 1 the decimal I believed to have is .44 (we will try to lower or raise it depending on the next data)
    • In row 3 I have the bare minimal decimal amount to get to 1681 wizards
    • In row 7, the wizards I got were less then I calculated with the previous decimal
    • And I can not lower the decimal in row 1, otherwise row 3 would be incorrect

While tracking this data I have yet to come across an instance where, if the mechanic of if you do not get the extra wizard, does that amount carry over? yet. I will keep my eye out for instances of a 50% carry over amount and above not giving me the extra wizard. Will update should it occur.

Update:
    The wizard production formula is simple. It is a straight 0.02% per guild per hour, no be% influence, and the percentages add up (ie it's not 0.02% chance to get a wizard per guild).
    Meaning at 189 guilds, you have a 378% chance to get 1 wizard, broken down that means you will get a guaranteed 3 wizards and a 78% chance at a 4th wizard. Nothing gets carried over hour by hour, if you get 3 on one tick, you can get 3 again the next tick.

Funny how a missing character in a guide could cause so much confusion.
    Last edited by cnt; 13-09-2017 at 12:20.

Thanks for chasing this, and yes it is easy to be ambiguous, difficult to be concise.

Regular
    No problem, it's just a side bar on me figuring out the cost per soldier draft rate formula. And plus I was curious myself and found a recent thread that was relevant.

I'm making my actual numbers public, the link below is me tracking my wizard production by decimal and by percentage with carry overs, over the course of 42 hours... ... Thanks Utopia for being my restless hobby...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Cheers!
    Last edited by cnt; 18-09-2017 at 09:29.

There is a draft formula out there that works pretty good, although I have found discrepancies... (http://forums.utopia-game.com/showth...t-Cost-Formula)

Thread Information