Thread: Propose War

Propose War

What if the propose war option had a date that was proposed and when accepted, war would begin right on the tick of that date? For example, Kingdom A proposes war begins on June 1st, YR0 with Kingdom B. Kingdom B must accept prior to May 24th, YR0 and war begins on June 1st, YR0. The proposal would expire on May 24th, YR0 if Kingdom B does not accept. That gives at the least a full hour of warning to both kingdoms that war will begin.
    - "He's kinda awesome..."

Hmm... I think I see what you're getting at.

I like the idea of proposing a start date that is down the road, rather than propose, accept, start all at once.

How about this; the Propose War page would allow you to select the KD you want to proposal, as well as a date. This date would be limited to a range from +1 tick from the Current, to +169 ticks (1 week from 'next tick') from the Current. Having date range much longer leaves too much room for KDs to move out of War range.

The offer still needs to be accepted the same tick that it is offered, else it will expire. If an offer expires, a new one may be issued the following tick. If the offer is rejected, you may not proposal that KD for another 72h (they could still proposal you).

Once a Proposal is Accepted, neither KD in the agreement can offer Proposals, or be Proposaled.

Hostiles outside of the agreement can still escalate, and override a War agreed through Proposal, cancelling that agreement. (This should be the ONLY way to nullify an agreement made through the Proposal system)

Administrator
    This is already in consideration for future ages. We wanted to do this in stages, stage 1 being what you see now just the standard function. Stage 2 would be adding this feature of choosing a date for the war to start.
    Great suggestion! :)
    Please e-mail Utopia Support for any in-game related issues at UtopiaSupport@Utopia-Game.com

Account Deleted or Inactive? Click here!

Utopia Facebook Page <== Like us on Facebook and join the conversation!
    Follow us on Twitter @UtopiaClassic

Come join the MUGA Community on Discord: https://discord.gg/NZ4KywF

Post Fiend
    I could see this possibly being abused by offering one and other kd never saying anything and last minute bam you're in war and caught off guard. Just something to think about.

I don't want to steal the thread but how about on a proposed war the gains protection is immediate.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by feast View Post
    I could see this possibly being abused by offering one and other kd never saying anything and last minute bam you're in war and caught off guard. Just something to think about.

I don't want to steal the thread but how about on a proposed war the gains protection is immediate.
    Well, if they did it the same way as being done now (proposal has to be accepted in same tick), then there's no chance of being caught off guard. You know that a proposal was made to start a war X ticks from now and it was accepted by the other KD.

Quote Originally Posted by feast View Post
    My original idea gave a minimum of a full hour warning to each kingdom. The only issue I see is with a delayed start there can be outside KD waves to weaken one side before war.

I would think adding another stance called pre-war (or something more creative lol) that both kingdoms would be granted upon acceptance of the war proposal, in which war protection is given to both kingdoms but no hostile actions can be performed between the warring kingdoms could address that issue.
    - "He's kinda awesome..."

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by peteyb22 View Post
    My original idea gave a minimum of a full hour warning to each kingdom. The only issue I see is with a delayed start there can be outside KD waves to weaken one side before war.

I would think adding another stance called pre-war (or something more creative lol) that both kingdoms would be granted upon acceptance of the war proposal, in which war protection is given to both kingdoms but no hostile actions can be performed between the warring kingdoms could address that issue.
    Well, that's a risk one would have to take with proposing a war starting some time in the future. The same thing happens now. People have war agreed but nothing stops outside KDs from hitting them. Similarly, with proposing a war starting X ticks from now, there shouldn't be any protection for either KDs from outside hits.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrinky View Post
    Well, that's a risk one would have to take with proposing a war starting some time in the future. The same thing happens now. People have war agreed but nothing stops outside KDs from hitting them. Similarly, with proposing a war starting X ticks from now, there shouldn't be any protection for either KDs from outside hits.
    When "war agreed" tagged kingdoms stop doing randoms then maybe they can complain about people still hitting them.

Monarch of Pasty Troll Kingdom (Ages 10 - 26)
    Monarch of Seagulls (Ages 49 - 69)
    Monarch of Mixed Nuts (Age 74-???)

Post Fiend
    Just make it that the offer and accept still needs to be within the Tick the offer was made, and the start date must be at least 2 ticks away, but no more than 6. That way there is no surprise start like the old fashioned button option.

EX. War is offered by KD A to KD B during the 24th, for a war starting the 3rd (could be anything from 2nd to 6th). KD B must accept during the 24th, or the offer expires.

Thread Information