Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ritual cost

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheister View Post
    no!!!! Bastard! You leaked the super secret obvious strategy!!!!!
    Now we're all top kingdoms. IT'S WIDE OPEN NOW, BABY!!!

(insert Road Warrior montage of Humongous directing traffic)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraze View Post
    Rune Cost: 8598 <-- Human

Rune Cost: 5732

Are these guys insane?! Best case scenario a KD ritual spell costs 573,200 runes. This is why it's important to post details. We could have called the devs out for their insanity before the age started.. there's no going back now.. is there?
    In order to successfully cast a ritual, each province in your kingdom needs to cast the ritual spell twice per day. To obtain that, in the worst possible scenario, you need 10% towers (ok, sure, not factoring for fizzles). That is to say -- out of protection.

As you grow, due to the nature of costs, the tower requirement to cast a ritual goes down. Similarly, for elf/dwarf, the tower requirement is less. And finally, due to how base costs work, the number of towers required goes down as you grow. With max science, you'd need about 4% towers kdwide on 400 acres. On 1000 acres? under 7% towers with no science; around 3% with max science. Almost trivial, frankly, and the goal is for them to not be trivial.

Similarly to dragons -- they are quite hard to pull off at the start, and much easier as the age progresses.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheister View Post
    no!!!! Bastard! You leaked the super secret obvious strategy!!!!!
    I shall punish myself accordingly. I apologize for leaking the secret of our sect. Please allow me the honour of death.

Needs to get out more
    So my undead mystic idea has legs.

Anyways, I love the paladin and ritual dealio. Reminds me of D&D where we'd all have to gather round the dragonborn paladin to get our blessings; all in a neat group for enemies to max area effects. They all paid through the nose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Post Fiend
    Also not taking into account non 25 man kDs Jeff, it doesnt seem like the runes needed scales with KD size
    Age 65: Honor crown with ED and #1 honor DW.
    Age 71: Honor/Land/NW Crown with Barcaloo

Quote Originally Posted by Zapaza View Post
    Also not taking into account non 25 man kDs Jeff, it doesnt seem like the runes needed scales with KD size
    this is why non 25kds shouldn't have to pay the same amount :/ should be based on # of provinces with maybe a minimum at 20

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by StratOcastle View Post
    So my undead mystic idea has legs.

Anyways, I love the paladin and ritual dealio. Reminds me of D&D where we'd all have to gather round the dragonborn paladin to get our blessings; all in a neat group for enemies to max area effects. They all paid through the nose.
    There was that time when my elf/cleric cast fog and saved everyone from the onslaught of kobolds... D&D is fun sometimes.

Post Fiend
    Or have kingdoms autofill to 25. Or have all kingdoms auto fill to 20, and cap the number of provs at 20. Leads to more kds which is a good thing. I've never understood 3 spots needing to be invites to have a full kd

Post Fiend
    @Devs,

Can we have ritual page showing the ritual our king intends to cast and once it is up, show its effect on ritual page?

Im still contemplating whether to listen to my King's order and cast some rituals.

Quote Originally Posted by smercjd View Post
    this is why non 25kds shouldn't have to pay the same amount :/ should be based on # of provinces with maybe a minimum at 20
    No they should have to pay the same cost. KDs should be stimulated to grow in prov numbers and avoid intentionally staying small.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffT View Post
    In order to successfully cast a ritual, each province in your kingdom needs to cast the ritual spell twice per day. To obtain that, in the worst possible scenario, you need 10% towers (ok, sure, not factoring for fizzles). That is to say -- out of protection.

As you grow, due to the nature of costs, the tower requirement to cast a ritual goes down. Similarly, for elf/dwarf, the tower requirement is less. And finally, due to how base costs work, the number of towers required goes down as you grow. With max science, you'd need about 4% towers kdwide on 400 acres. On 1000 acres? under 7% towers with no science; around 3% with max science. Almost trivial, frankly, and the goal is for them to not be trivial.

Similarly to dragons -- they are quite hard to pull off at the start, and much easier as the age progresses.
    I admit I overreacted and for that I apologize. I was in a rush, getting ready for work, organizing my kd and planning for war all while dealing with the 1st tick lag. Once I saw 9k per cast on my human I was shocked.

Under normal circumstances the ritual should be no problem, trivial, like you said. That's okay though, when you implement the counter ritual next age, it will bring a whole new dynamic to the game. That's when it won't be so trivial. It will be a non stop battle of rituals.

Just to clarify, the Affluent spell works during EOWCF as well? Or only during "actual" war?

Director of Age Changes
    Quote Originally Posted by yootohpeega View Post
    Just to clarify, the Affluent spell works during EOWCF as well? Or only during "actual" war?
    Doesn't work in eowcf.
    Discord: Hex | IRC: Hextor / Avenger

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    Doesn't work in eowcf.

Has this been confirmed by the Devs? I had read the changes to mean it works in EoW CF (that is still war stance).

Regular
    dude how did you think i felt when i saw a kingdom in fortified today, it seemed to be gone for sure considering we (seem to) start with less scientists now (fort halted science so that makes sense).
    Last edited by erm; 25-05-2017 at 19:24.

Thread Information