Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Intra-KD Espionage tab

Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    But the choice isnt yours, would people not object if you didnt run munkbot? ...
    They probably would :P But it's still a voluntary choice because if I wanted to I could fake the intel I send or not send it at all etc. If it's integrated into the game I wouldn't have those options, unless those options where protected by requiring an active action every time you opt to share your intel.
    Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by Elldallan View Post
    They probably would :P But it's still a voluntary choice because if I wanted to I could fake the intel I send or not send it at all etc. If it's integrated into the game I wouldn't have those options, unless those options where protected by requiring an active action every time you opt to share your intel.
    And if you woulddnt send intel you would be told to fix munkbot hence not voluntary.

Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    And if you woulddnt send intel you would be told to fix munkbot hence not voluntary.
    And if I refused to do that I'd be threatened with razes, but I can still refuse even then and be razed, hence voluntary.
    Just because my choice has consequences doesn't make it involuntary, in real life that would of course be the case because the equivalent "do X or die" has pretty dire consequences and thus cannot be claimed to be a meaningful choice, but do X or we destroy your 0 value electronic "goods" doesn't present any such disparity between the presented choices.
    Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by Elldallan View Post
    And if I refused to do that I'd be threatened with razes, but I can still refuse even then and be razed, hence voluntary.
    Just because my choice has consequences doesn't make it involuntary, in real life that would of course be the case because the equivalent "do X or die" has pretty dire consequences and thus cannot be claimed to be a meaningful choice, but do X or we destroy your 0 value electronic "goods" doesn't present any such disparity between the presented choices.
    Robbing someone is voluntary you can still say no ..

Thread Information