Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Aggressive advertisements hijacking browser

Quote Originally Posted by Sillen View Post
    Well that seems to convenient that this shows up and then you have to purchase ad blocker... i rather quit playing then be forced to buy it!
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidC View Post
    There is no premium status currently that would affect your gameplay, unless you purchase ad-block.

Send us an email to UtopiaSupport@Utopia-Game.com with a screenshot of the hijacking and the link you are being redirected to. We will credit your account with enough credits to purchase ad-blocking while we have this sorted. We have a call with our advertising agency set up in the morning (USA time) to resolve this but in the meantime we don't want anyone to be locked out of the game so please let anyone you know that is having these issues what to do so we can credit them right away.

You were saying?

Well if i mailed them 8hrs ago and still haven't heard anything then i'm more or less forced to buy it!

You were saying?

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sillen View Post
    Well that seems to convenient that this shows up and then you have to purchase ad blocker... i rather quit playing then be forced to buy it!
    I didn't buy it devs donated me credits .

It's a joke... 10hrs ago i mailed and still no response.. i seriously can't play at all and we are in the middle of a war that lasted a long time... why don't they just block ads for all untill this is fixed !?!?!?!?

Regular
    Yea definitely affecting me as well. Hook that ad blocker up for me too devs? I wanna actually play :(
    Monarch Bad JuJu age 68

#badjuju
    #vivalakandis
    #gombe

Is this being fixed anytime soon??? I get massive popup and hijack when I login, cant do jack all....

I've had my second experience of it in under 24 hours. Previously I had not been effected by the issue. I got a friend to photo my phone screen and have e-mailed them to support.

It looks like the site address I was being re-directed too has changed from us.68720.site too to us.92435.site

This time when I backed out of the initial take over, the next screen I got was the Google play store for an app called "BOBO CLEANER". According too the viewable reviews on this app, the last 3 people where complaining about adverts on it making it unusable..... which is ironic.

I'm not a betting man, but if I was I would wager that app has been compromised. So might be worth flagging it with the google play store and getting them too remove it.

On the plus side, I haven't had any hijacks on using utopia on my PC.... yet!

Regular
    Yea it seems to be isolated to mobile and I'm a mobile user. I wasn't being sarcastic with my post this is really an issue.
    Monarch Bad JuJu age 68

#badjuju
    #vivalakandis
    #gombe

I started getting hijacked today, really frustrating at this point. It takes ove and comes in with a pop that says your phone has need severely damaged by viruses and when I close that down it comes back with hole and a cleaner at this address
    http://us.neighborliness873ak.pw/pwo...930Q371LSLDOC4

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyJoe View Post
    Yea it seems to be isolated to mobile and I'm a mobile user. I wasn't being sarcastic with my post this is really an issue.
    Also experiencing the same thing.

http://us.womanized28jl.pw/pw623nl/

There's a couple others, say the same thing. Adblock works so far.
    Last edited by stealth4785; 28-07-2017 at 10:19.

Administrator
    Just want to make sure everyone is aware that the hijacking should be over. We removed the advertiser that had those advertisements slipping through. If you continue to receive hijacking ads then you should clear your cache and refresh Utopia because you may still be running on the old code which would continue to serve the hijacking ads.

Please let us know if you continue to have problems with the new code with the hijacking advertiser removed.
    Please e-mail Utopia Support for any in-game related issues at UtopiaSupport@Utopia-Game.com

Account Deleted or Inactive? Click here!

Utopia Facebook Page <== Like us on Facebook and join the conversation!
    Follow us on Twitter @UtopiaClassic

Come join the MUGA Community on Discord: https://discord.gg/NZ4KywF

Enthusiast
    Even after clearing my cache on Desktop PC, I'm still getting hijacked ads.

This one came up when I clicked on the Login button at utopia home page. Instead of going to the next page, it straightaway popped up this ad: http://lp.privatesearches.info/?sysi...&pubid=1601165

And now when I managed to go to the next page(lobby), when I clicked on the button to go to province selection screen, a new ad came up but this time it also refreshed my page and went to province selection screen.

Ad that came up: http://free.getformsonline.com/index.jhtml?partner=^BX2^xpu130&s1=1311267&s2=350561891216

And now when I clicked on my province in the province selection screen, page refreshed and loaded my Throne page and at the same time, it opened another ad in a new window: https://www.ixigo.com/flights?mobile...=af_gwm-150824

Please note that the first 2 ads came in the same window but in a new tab. The third ad came in a new window. This is even after I have cleared my cache.

Well, I've been forced to edit this post 4 times in the last 10 minutes now to capture the hijacking of ads that is happening :(

Latest one: Clicked on Aid tab, didn't refresh page but instead got hijacked by this ad in a new tab: http://lp.blpmovies.com/?appid=186&s...&pubid=1601165
    Last edited by Shrinky; 30-07-2017 at 16:10. Reason: Posting more details on ad hijacking as and when they come up

Hi,

I have hade the same issue as many of the other users in this thread. I play on mobile and get a pop-up for "Google reward program: You can win an iPhone, click OK"-kind of thing.

I tried to troubleshoot this thing and in the end it came down to a 0 byte piece of data that I think is a cookie that is stored on my iPhone. I believe this data contains some form of Malware. The name of the cookie is simply "utopia-game.com". The thing with this cookie is that it is un-deletable. I have tried "delete all browser data", "delete all cookies", "delete individial cookies" and nothing works.

I am wondering if you, or anyone else knows how to delete this data.

best regards

For those who can. Download a new free ad blocking web browsing app and use that. That's what I use and I don't have any issues at all. I refuse to have to buy any of their credits or even ask for credits to clear my screen of ads. Shouldn't have to when these ads have been an issue since the new owners took over and they didnt fix it. The first step they should have down is removed all ads until they corrected it with their partners but because they didn't people now have adware affecting them. So even if they "corrected" the issue with the ad partner, it doesn't correct the affected users with the virus
    Last edited by LiveAndProsper; 31-07-2017 at 01:33.

Quote Originally Posted by Prefect View Post
    Hi,

I have hade the same issue as many of the other users in this thread. I play on mobile and get a pop-up for "Google reward program: You can win an iPhone, click OK"-kind of thing.

I tried to troubleshoot this thing and in the end it came down to a 0 byte piece of data that I think is a cookie that is stored on my iPhone. I believe this data contains some form of Malware. The name of the cookie is simply "utopia-game.com". The thing with this cookie is that it is un-deletable. I have tried "delete all browser data", "delete all cookies", "delete individial cookies" and nothing works.

I am wondering if you, or anyone else knows how to delete this data.

best regards
    Download "Free adblocker browser". When you open is, at the right bottom, click the shield symbol and have it clean your phone of anything malicious

Thread Information