Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Aggressive advertisements hijacking browser

Post Fiend

Aggressive advertisements hijacking browser

For the last day or so, my game browser has periodically been redirected to a number of other web sites (for a while, it was a couple of phishing scam survey pages; but there have been others now). I'm pretty sure that this is ad-related (though I did run a malware check just to be sure, which came up clean). I have plenty of browser tabs open, and they're all unaffected, but whenever I open a new Utopia tab, within a fairly short period of time - whether I'm actively using it or just letting it idle - it'll kick over to another website.

Any chance you can grab the URL? We have had some issues with resellers I think.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Post Fiend
    Here's the most recent one: http://promotionbrand.com/Annual%20Visitors'%20Survey

But I think it's actually sending me to some redirection page. If I click "Back", then rather than sending me back to Utopia, it brings me to an entirely different ad page - I just did that, and ended up with a thousand character URL starting with www.balsurvey.com.

Administrator
    I will have that reported.

We have recently requested an entire ad format be restricted to hopefully stop this altogether.

If it continues, please let us know so we can make sure it stops.
    Please e-mail Utopia Support for any in-game related issues at UtopiaSupport@Utopia-Game.com

Account Deleted or Inactive? Click here!

Utopia Facebook Page <== Like us on Facebook and join the conversation!
    Follow us on Twitter @UtopiaClassic

Come join the MUGA Community on Discord: https://discord.gg/NZ4KywF

Post Fiend
    No issues for the last few hours - which, considering that I think the average time it took to happen before was around 10-15 minutes, makes me cautiously optimistic that it's resolved. I'll advise if anything changes.

I have one that's taken over a good chunk of my browser window on my phone. Do you want those reported too?

Yes please
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|

I have had it 5 times today. 4 times on my phone. Logged onto computer then this just completely popped up kicked me out of uto...

http://www.kewsurvey.com/?sid=isp.op...folk&c6=Chrome
    “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
    - unknown

Reported, thanks.

Forum Addict
    I've got the ads loading on the side banners that are just spinning ye olde loading wheel and often freezing up, some videos some not, but they're stalling my entire browser (Chrome) and causing huge lag when trying to play the game. Nothing is taking over, just making the game super laggy and unresponsive.

Post Fiend
    Big BIG fat + 1 on this. Shuts down twitch while watching and also causes ipad to have 5-8 second delays. Makes writing msgs on touch screen style stuff impossible. Instead of pressing once it believes i held it down for 5-8 seconds so either deletes half a setence of throws down 20 Ts

this can all be solved by you supporting utopia and buying credits to remove ads. just saying!
    -- Freedom Valley - Cartoon Networth - Harsh Cheeses - HaLL of FORCE - The Fantastic Trollfags - Polar Bears - Simians - Pew Pew - RoO - Mango Unchained - RoO

Thread Information