Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Aggressive advertisements hijacking browser

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder TA View Post
    Hmm , been on phone here all day and seeing nothing like this .
    I have a Samsung Note 5 but talking to my kingdom the guys with I phones are not effected.

Post Demon
    now it is happening after 5 seconds, I play from a PC

If a lot of players are being affected while others are not, it would only be fair to suspend the game while you're fixing the issue. I don't know if players with premium status are affected, and if they're not, they've got an advantage via paying to play, and that's not cool.

Administrator
    There is no premium status currently that would affect your gameplay, unless you purchase ad-block.

Send us an email to UtopiaSupport@Utopia-Game.com with a screenshot of the hijacking and the link you are being redirected to. We will credit your account with enough credits to purchase ad-blocking while we have this sorted. We have a call with our advertising agency set up in the morning (USA time) to resolve this but in the meantime we don't want anyone to be locked out of the game so please let anyone you know that is having these issues what to do so we can credit them right away.
    Please e-mail Utopia Support for any in-game related issues at UtopiaSupport@Utopia-Game.com

Account Deleted or Inactive? Click here!

Utopia Facebook Page <== Like us on Facebook and join the conversation!
    Follow us on Twitter @UtopiaClassic

Come join the MUGA Community on Discord: https://discord.gg/NZ4KywF

Sent.
    Thank you.

Enthusiast
    Browser hyjack is still going no improvement on smart phone at all

Post Fiend
    I also sent in an email. Been pretty much unplayable on my iPhone.
    Currently semi retired / ghetto fabulous / Genesis fanatic
    Formerly of: Darwins Dark Legions, Freestyle KLA, Equilibrium, Mercy, Havoc, Sanctuary, Hall of Heroes, Pyromaniacs

Post Fiend
    My virus scanner picking up 15+ phishing attemts everytime I log into utopia. Adress it gives is : https://md5sync.leadplace.fr/wapcrto.php?part=remailme

Regular
    http://us.catalogs103pr.pw/cms/index2.html

That pop up keeps high jacking my game screen

eu.erugo89nm.pw/n723232o/index.html
    Cant even logg in before this one pops up

S id: 7D5762C8

I'm also having problem with pop ups. They are really annoying...

I had an issue shortly somewhere between 23:45 and 00:00 last night. I was playing from my Samsung S5, when the browser was re-directed too a page with the old google logo in the top left and telling me the make and model of my phone was infected with 4 virus's after recent visits too adult sites. And that I needed to click on the sites link too download antivirus to remove it.

I clicked the back button on my phone(the hardware one in the phones bottom right corner) too take me back to utopia. Instead it took me too a website with the address US.68720.site and promptly told me that "virus KFX7-67 had infected my phone and would cause critical damage to my phone contacts, data and even sim card" and "I needed too download the antivirus in the link on the page within an hour too stop it". The second page had a red background and a nice big countdown timer slap above the download link. I switched off my phone. On powering it up this morning it was fine. When I went to use the internet on my phone, it took me back too the US.68720.site which I didn't hang around on and closed the browser.

One thing I did notice about this site it directed me too (as I was closing it), is that it was quite basic and had multiple download links centralised in the middle of it. The two I could see, the first was for this supposed phone anti-virus, and the second was for something else. Both had a large icon above the links to space them out on the screen.

My support ID is 6C981C14

I will pop this info in an e-mail too support for you guys.

This is sick i can't do anything at all in the game! Once i log on i get pop ups! Needs to be sorted since i'm in the middle of a long war!

Enthusiast
    The ad blocker in game worked and now I can play again. Fyi

Well that seems to convenient that this shows up and then you have to purchase ad blocker... i rather quit playing then be forced to buy it!

Thread Information