Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Aggressive advertisements hijacking browser

Post Fiend
    The game is insanely slow and laggy for me. I have no clue what's causing it, but it's only happening when I have an Utopia tab open.
    I also get a message saying the certificate is incorrect or something. The name or something is wrong .. I have no clue if that is me, but that's been happening since like 1.5 days or so.

Regards,
    NighT

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Ovenmitt View Post
    this can all be solved by you supporting utopia and buying credits to remove ads. just saying!
    What will more likely happen is people will use ad blocking services resulting in a net loss of revenue. I hope this is a dev priority for that reason. Once this has been fixed (and not a moment before), I would suggest asking the userbase -in a non intrusive manner - to whitelist the site.

These freaking forced ad pop ups that causes me to close out screens is really pissing me off. If this is the direction the new owners want to go, I'll gladly quit after this age or run adblockers. Everything is so slow since you guys run to run so many ads

Sorry, we are actively working to stop this.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

I support utopia by already having to buy credits for sitting and not using an adblocker. But when they have ads that aren't pop ups but redirects you to a webpage and you can't get back to utopia, that's an issue. This isn't just a once in a while. It's happening 4 to 5 times a day when running the script. Also super slow to having to load so many ads.
    Last edited by LiveAndProsper; 05-06-2017 at 20:20.

Thanks, Bishop.

http://giftchanger.stream/?td=track....12&pubid=1532#

Here's one. Wasn't even in the game and it opened up

Post Fiend
    I'm still having a lot of trouble with the game being VERY laggy. Something is running on the utopia-background, because it also affects other websites (only when I have utopia running ... I checked) and making the rest of my PC slow too (office programs).

Quote Originally Posted by NighT View Post
    I'm still having a lot of trouble with the game being VERY laggy. Something is running on the utopia-background, because it also affects other websites (only when I have utopia running ... I checked) and making the rest of my PC slow too (office programs).
    Get an adblocker. It has helped me. Until they fix this issue, I have no choice. You're right though. Everything is super slow on my phone now, more than ever before

Post Fiend
    I got a popup saying some script had malfunctioned. Or wouldnt load or whatever. Anyway, I disabled scripts in my browser, and the game runs smooth. Havent got an adblocker.

Regular
    Monarch Bad JuJu age 68

#badjuju
    #vivalakandis
    #gombe

Post Fiend
    http://secure.prizeforyou.online/swp...n_zit_9dKdYplm...

Did the new owners switch ad companies? Don't recall these pop-ups and redirects from a couple years back.

Im not getting any redirects, not one to date. But when I open without ad blocker, my whole rigg bogs down. I used to be able to have utopia on one monitor and Overwatch on the other. Not anymore. I have noticed though, that if I turn off munkbot. The wep pages load fine and with decent speeds with ad blocker OFF.

For the time being I have had to turn back on AD blocker :( Once issue is fixed I will take back off.

**EDIT**

So again I tested opening utopia with and without munkbot. All of this W/O ad blocker on.

Without Munkbot, adds are loading fine and pages are loading fine. No real issues.

With munkbot on, the adds load tremendously slow. Takes a full 1-2 minutes for everything to load in????
    Last edited by KrakenDomes; 06-06-2017 at 16:32.
    #unforgiven

I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears, and sweat.
    - Winston Churchill

Post Fiend
    So far ive bought 2 ad blockers for kingdom mates playing from phone. Help me out dave / jeff give us a short term discount so we dont all have to get free ad blockers. Games unplayable from phone it just redirects you and its impossible when youre pretending to go have a quick smoke

The ad company were we running with for the side ad has proven to be very unresponsive at removing problematic ads so we are going to move away from it. We should have a fix pushed out for this later today. Sorry for the hassle this caused.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Thread Information