Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: First War

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheister View Post
    No feast. Try again. When the top kingdoms have taken ages off and decided to just war. The war kingdoms run away with the exception of wsk and FS, they all run away every time. CR was unable to get the inflated ego war kingdoms like monkeys et al to war. They just ran and ran and ran. There were three decent war kingdoms left in the game in the mid 50's and now those are down to two since SPGC disbanded. The rest of you should simply be silent.
    So what you're saying is... you are a top kingdom, but you want to war... but you want all the average (not good, according to you) war kingdoms to engage you, one of the top kingdoms in the game, in war. By your words, there are only two warring kingdoms that are on your level, but you expect everyone else to war you just because you want them to? Without any regard for their own kingdom's survival chances and well-being?

Now why would anyone ever do that?

Quote Originally Posted by Verminator View Post
    So what you're saying is... you are a top kingdom, but you want to war... but you want all the average (not good, according to you) war kingdoms to engage you, one of the top kingdoms in the game, in war. By your words, there are only two warring kingdoms that are on your level, but you expect everyone else to war you just because you want them to? Without any regard for their own kingdom's survival chances and well-being?

Now why would anyone ever do that?
    What hes saying that you warring kd people talk so much smack about how top kds are hiding, cant war, would get owned if they tagged up early age. But when push comes to show you are too scared to war them to begin with and if for someone reason got the balls you get crushed. You = warring kingdoms not specifically you.

Enthusiast
    Any kingdom I run is never scared to take on anyone with even terms. Granted sometimes I play in FS, so I will pretend like sheister isn't talking about my kingdom. ;)

Veteran
    From my past experience all the "war" kds get farmed when they war top kds. And this age will show it clearly. Every now and then a "warring" kd attempts to go up and fail miserably getting farmed and chart shaping. Don't forget, most whoring kds come from warring kds and have people in them that actually know how to war.

Played in Freeakstyle from 2009 to age 72 (2017) <3 - 7honor 1war crown | On a break

Needs to get out more
    It's a player thing to, which is what hurts the competitiveness of solid war kingdoms.

I generalize because I know there are some players like myself that have overcome game fear.

1- First big problem is that war kingdoms don't spend any amount of time studying top war. At least watching what happens, you can reverse engineer to ape some quality aspects.

2- Diplomacy isn't the reason, it's the overall mechanical leverage granted by diplo that steadies the field. If you observe the beginning of age as a sort of big bang effect, the whoring kingdoms are working toward separation; outer edge of the explosion. Stuff that gets in the way might get disintegrated if it's not built for the encounter.

3- The entire age is a campaign in constant progressive motion, ideally. Everyone needs a break but top kingdoms are using about every tick to improve. It's not war, relax, war. It's whore, whore, whore. ToG , ToG, ToG. Intel, intel, intel, yada yada.

4- Some war kingdoms think they're better than they are because they haven't seen top war first hand. I'll confess I've only been in quasi-top war, but the strategies and tactics were deeper than the very good war kingdoms I've passed through. War kingdoms on the whole are fatally predictable which hurts them. I've seen more comparable innovative strategies in the ghetto than the war tier because they have the freedom to fail. I understand the conservative nature of war crowning so I do understand why. The ghetto wars aren't often fair or even and that parallels the actuality of the breaks in whoring. They may be generous at times but not naive.

5- I just like to do things in 5s. You should take note of that if we cross paths lol. But really, you should be aware of the rings that comprise the usual Utopian tier structure. I ran a solo venture just to see this theory in action. Acres flow up somehow. You can't look at Utopia land charts without following the flow. This is why Snatch News is a valuable tool. Lately, for lack of whoring competition, the top outerbelt has been more erratic. More surprising kingdoms are breaching and you should spend time learning from them rather than critisizing their poor mechanics. They're doing certain things you shouldn't be narrow minded about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Post Fiend
    So at what point is having 1 war all age while pumping the entire age because you may say that you fight but you bottom feed knowing no retal or tax people. Attacking with no retal+explore and stock gc, pump sci and wizards for 10 weeks then put on you're big boy pants to decide to war cuz you're only 20% larger and wonder why everyone is scared? Why don't learn to stfu and grow a real pair win or lose and fight at least respectably close to your opponents. Tag up and war!

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by feast View Post
    So at what point is having 1 war all age while pumping the entire age because you may say that you fight but you bottom feed knowing no retal or tax people. Attacking with no retal+explore and stock gc, pump sci and wizards for 10 weeks then put on you're big boy pants to decide to war cuz you're only 20% larger and wonder why everyone is scared? Why don't learn to stfu and grow a real pair win or lose and fight at least respectably close to your opponents. Tag up and war!
    Did you read this thread? People gave examples of top kingdoms taking an age off to play the warring tier, warring at equal size or behind, and curb stomping everyone. Seems that the only one who needs to stfu and grow a pair is you.

Post Fiend
    Awe. That's cute. Where's the tag? Tag up or shut up boy.

Needs to get out more
    It's just not their goal. The goal is the land crown and apparently to triple chart #1, if possible.

My unsolicited advice is to be prepared to war top kingdoms through wise strategic choices including player placement, personality, race, forethought. I find honor kingdoms closer to whoring ideals than war kingdoms. I know, I know, but I'm speaking tactically. Honor kingdoms "get" wackamole which has the basis for evolutionary change.

Frankly I feel the wave and chain formations are almost more culture than strategic: A learned behavior that so many participate in that they feel it is a foundation of mechanical truth. It is not. It is a common aspect of the theater of war.
    There are very few games that reward spearheading without covering your flanks. The doctrine is so prevalent that most war kingdoms are unaware of alternatives.

There's no shame in being a crappy war strategist; they've had them up top to. The difference is they know how to conduct themselves out of war so their shortcomings are muted. Good war strategists and wave captains are a rare commodity. Usually they aren't the same guy. Being a great economist, pure leader or diplomat will serve to crown.
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 27-05-2017 at 21:25.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Veteran
    Awe. That's cute. Where's the tag? Tag up or shut up boy.
    I'd have a feast but don't know the location it's happening ...

Post Fiend
    I'd have a Coss but I've already had a bowel movement...

Veteran
    I'd have a Coss but I've already had a bowel movement...
    And I didn't know why this thread was stinking ... was this guy speaking after having a feast of bowel movement ...

feast,

You clearly that the reasoning skills God gave the common earth worm. Run your mouth however you must. I am done with you. Good luck this age and have fun.
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheister View Post
    feast,

You clearly that the reasoning skills God gave the common earth worm. Run your mouth however you must. I am done with you. Good luck this age and have fun.

I wasn't aware that earth worms had deductive reasoning. +1 for knowing something that no one's gives a Coss about. The only one running is people like you afraid to tag up. So far so good 1/1 enjoying every minute of it.

Thread Information