Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: First War

Post Fiend
    If you haven't figured it out by now I generalize things. *yawn*

Quote Originally Posted by feast View Post
    If you haven't figured it out by now I generalize things. *yawn*
    You said we will never know, though we already know the outcome.

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheister View Post
    Verm,

If they are just cautious, then they should STFU. If they were not so fearful, we would not need to hide who we are just to be able to get relations. The other aspects of hiding have nothing to do with them at all but rather the cat and mouse among ourselves.

For myself, I expect nothing from the war kingdoms other than that they should put up or shut up.
    But what about being cautious with their own kingdoms requires them to shut up about top kingdoms not behaving like top kingdoms? These are two separate categories that don't really have much to do with each other in the confines of Utopia.

Let's look at the lion, king of the plains. Does he hide from the hyenas? Not a chance. He sits there on his rock, he invites anyone to come mess with him, then he defends his rock with the strength that made him king in the first place.

The hyenas, on the other hand, bark and yip at the lion, but they know not to engage him. Instead, they engage the other hyenas and lesser predators of the plains to fight over smaller levels of supremacy.

Utopia is a standard predator/prey environment. The only difference is that we use words here as well, which is essentially what you're taking issue with.

Post Fiend
    Hey korp don't get offended cuz I didn't mention those who shall not be named.

#taguporshutup

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheister View Post
    But then war kingdoms (not you, but idiots like feast) should come on here and talk such a big game. Hence the STFU.
    What big game was he talking initially though? Wasn't he just asking the kings of the jungle to show themselves and act like the kings they are? Maybe he wants to challenge a king? Shouldn't the king expect to crush the challenger with his earned superiority?

I get what you're saying about his subsequent smack talking, but that is a direct result of something different than his initial words. His initial words had to do with the kings showing themselves.

If they had shown themselves, or even ignored his yelping, the subject of tagging might have died right there. But instead, the kings fought back with similar yelping and lack of king-like behavior (ie: not tagging). Then, feast began to talk his smack, but he talked smack as a result of the reactions of the kings when confronted with a certain level of expectation from the lesser animals in the kingdom.

Post Fiend
    He left his scraps and I'm yelping in enthusiasm.

Nom Nom nom.

Quote Originally Posted by Verminator View Post
    What big game was he talking initially though? Wasn't he just asking the kings of the jungle to show themselves and act like the kings they are? Maybe he wants to challenge a king? Shouldn't the king expect to crush the challenger with his earned superiority?

I get what you're saying about his subsequent smack talking, but that is a direct result of something different than his initial words. His initial words had to do with the kings showing themselves.

If they had shown themselves, or even ignored his yelping, the subject of tagging might have died right there. But instead, the kings fought back with similar yelping and lack of king-like behavior (ie: not tagging). Then, feast began to talk his smack, but he talked smack as a result of the reactions of the kings when confronted with a certain level of expectation from the lesser animals in the kingdom.
    Why do you have to ask questions that are clearly in written text already? He implied that top kds are scared and couldnt win an age without hiding in the begining. What animal does this make you then?

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    Why do you have to ask questions that are clearly in written text already? He implied that top kds are scared and couldnt win an age without hiding in the begining. What animal does this make you then?
    You're missing the point entirely (that is a skill you do not want btw). You, "the top" we'll say, responded to his statement of "tag up!" with a bunch of responses about how average warring kingdoms need to "put up or shut up" and turned HIS statement in a totally different direction.

You completely avoided the question of "why you refuse to tag up" aka "why you need to hide to win when you're the best already" and I think many folks would love to know why the lions can't just show their superiority by ACTUALLY defeating the entire realm, instead of just defeating those who they choose to defeat on their path to the top while disguised as hyenas.

This makes me the wise old owl who enjoys pooping on you lions who try to hide beneath my branches. ;)

You're missing the point entirely (that is a skill you do not want btw). You, "the top" we'll say, responded to his statement of "tag up!" with a bunch of responses about how average warring kingdoms need to "put up or shut up" and turned HIS statement in a totally different direction.

You completely avoided the question of "why you refuse to tag up" aka "why you need to hide to win when you're the best already" and I think many folks would love to know why the lions can't just show their superiority by ACTUALLY defeating the entire realm, instead of just defeating those who they choose to defeat on their path to the top while disguised as hyenas.

This makes me the wise old owl who enjoys pooping on you lions who try to hide beneath my branches. ;)
    Okey, so now that I pointed that your claim was wrong I am "missing the point" This is probably the third time I mention this, I guess your selective reading manage to miss this, CR disproved your and Feast theory already what more proof do people need?

My reply btw was that exactly that CR disproved this theory.

I been playing in ghettos for the last few years, last time i played in a kd that competed for anything was in age 58. You dont seem that wise to me. :(

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    Okey, so now that I pointed that your claim was wrong I am "missing the point" This is probably the third time I mention this, I guess your selective reading manage to miss this, CR disproved your and Feast theory already what more proof do people need?

My reply btw was that exactly that CR disproved this theory.

I been playing in ghettos for the last few years, last time i played in a kd that competed for anything was in age 58. You dont seem that wise to me. :(
    CR is one top kingdom; you are using one kingdom to try to answer for a handful of kingdoms. You proved nothing wrong except yourself.

It's like someone asking "Why doesn't this football team tackle well?" and you say "player Bob tackles well!" as if that means they all tackle well.

This question applies to the entire top, all the competitors, of which there are at least five by my count. Defeat EVERYONE, that means right out of the gate you are showing yourselves to the world and proving your superiority against all comers. Otherwise you're just winning the secret club diplomacy crown.

CR is one top kingdom; you are using one kingdom to try to answer for a handful of kingdoms. You proved nothing wrong except yourself.

It's like someone asking "Why doesn't this football team tackle well?" and you say "player Bob tackles well!" as if that means they all tackle well.

This question applies to the entire top, all the competitors, of which there are at least five by my count. Defeat EVERYONE, that means right out of the gate you are showing yourselves to the world and proving your superiority against all comers. Otherwise you're just winning the secret club diplomacy crown.
    Handfull? Could you specify names, kingdoms? You dont think Emeriti for example would railroad all the warring ghettos?

Its more like, you claim just cause this NHL team did trash your whole local hockey league doesnt mean the rest of then NHL teams could!! Which is absurd, any NHL team would trash your local hockey league teams (if you have one).

Why should they waste their age cause one person dont seem to grasp that they play in a different league than you warring ghettos?

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Yawn.

Tag up cowards. Anyone that wants to find you can find you.

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    Yawn.

Tag up cowards. Anyone that wants to find you can find you.
    So, there is no need to tag up. Good!

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Yes. Cowards have no reason to tag up.

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    Yes. Cowards have no reason to tag up.
    Easy to talk when you dont even have a province. :)

Thread Information