Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: First War

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by feast View Post
    I wasn't aware that earth worms had deductive reasoning. +1 for knowing something that no one's gives a Coss about. The only one running is people like you afraid to tag up. So far so good 1/1 enjoying every minute of it.
    Shall we meet in a few days after we are out of our 1/1 as well? You show me yours, I'll show you mine:D We can even use the "start war" new feature added! Let's do a 25vs25 online party and crack the server!

Post Fiend
    Well if you are one of the 25 province ones there is only 2 more 25s, the other 4 are less than 25 members, so odds may be against you to war me as I'm not sure how many is in the kd, keeping track of those things is so taxing on a person's memory you see ;) Who knows the planets may align.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by feast View Post
    Well if you are one of the 25 province ones there is only 2 more 25s, the other 4 are less than 25 members, so odds may be against you to war me as I'm not sure how many is in the kd, keeping track of those things is so taxing on a person's memory you see ;) Who knows the planets may align.
    So let me get this straight ... you scream around about how sucky the top kds are compared to warring kds, and when you are invited to war not even a top kd, as this is our first age ... you are ... starting to speak about planets that might align? Btw, care to tag?:D It is what it was all about after all, right?

Needs to get out more
    Just agree on a tick reveal time. Make prep as short or as long as you like after the reveal.

This way it's as straight up as plausible.

Edit: despite all the hullabaloo, I rarely look at enemy kingdom pages till declare. Then I complain about not targeting the halfers. I always wondered why they never do that? Oh, well...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by coss View Post
    So let me get this straight ... you scream around about how sucky the top kds are compared to warring kds, and when you are invited to war not even a top kd, as this is our first age ... you are ... starting to speak about planets that might align? Btw, care to tag?:D It is what it was all about after all, right?
    I never claimed to be in a position to declare. Whether I am or am not in one of the "top" kds or not would not change my opinion on the matter. Having a voice is part of this game. I enjoy all aspects of the game. Do I agree that all parts are fair, absolutely not, it's why I post in the suggestion forums more than any other one. Being part of the problem by taking advantage of or being harassed is an unfortunate side effect of playing the game sometimes. Doesn't mean sit back and roll over.

Needs to get out more
    The best outcome would be if coss and feast found out they were in the same kingdom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69TMBKalMw0

One more for fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JH28BCGb4s
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 28-05-2017 at 02:21.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by StratOcastle View Post
    The best outcome would be if coss and feast found out they were in the same kingdom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69TMBKalMw0
    The plot might thicken!

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    What hes saying that you warring kd people talk so much smack about how top kds are hiding, cant war, would get owned if they tagged up early age. But when push comes to show you are too scared to war them to begin with and if for someone reason got the balls you get crushed. You = warring kingdoms not specifically you.
    I am still unsure what you guys are expecting from war kingdoms.

War kingdoms talk smack about "the top kingdoms hiding" because the top kingdoms are supposed to be THE BEST in the game, so why they have to hide is a topic of general curiosity. If they are the best, why hide?

But warring kingdoms are not the best. Most don't really claim to be on the same level as top kingdoms. Why again would they be called "scared" to war a top kingdom? Isn't that just being "smart" to avoid warring a top kingdom?

I realize "fear" is a concept the top likes to substitute into conversations in place of "caution" to make their points better, but you yourself just said that they get crushed if they "got the balls" (which is another term the top likes to substitute for "plays wisely") so why would they ever bother?

Talking smack about the best kingdoms having to hide is not connected at all to playing cautiously and avoiding unwinnable conflicts, as much as the top would like it to be.

Verm,

If they are just cautious, then they should STFU. If they were not so fearful, we would not need to hide who we are just to be able to get relations. The other aspects of hiding have nothing to do with them at all but rather the cat and mouse among ourselves.

For myself, I expect nothing from the war kingdoms other than that they should put up or shut up.
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

Needs to get out more
    Part of the war kingdom problem is lack of communication and thus cooperation. Or basically what I'm illustrating is the difference between top and war tier.

Old Internet has an advantage on new Internet that's not restricted to Utopia. Old Internet is irc which offers you the ability to interact with players all over the game. It was a staple and go-to com system for kingdoms that value diplomacy. I use to chat with top players along with lone ghetto journeymen like myself.

The new com systems are more advanced but they don't offer you the mall experience. They probably can, but it's not an emphasis so the idea of interacting on a global scale is nearly dead. Many of the old kingdoms never used irc and remain much the way they were ages ago. In other words they stagnate due to isolation. The new kingdoms have no qualitative point of reference.

This narcissistic enabling is spread all over the Internet now. Many forums died that had invaluable archives in the false interest of the here and now. So we are actually degenerating. My best example non-game is Harmony Central. Harmony Central use to be a busy site with musician and sound engineers with a great wealth of knowledge. By browsing the achives you could learn so much that otherwise would be toiling with trial and error. Even search engines abbreviate their effort to capital inspired ends.

Now, when I visit what are considered solid war kingdoms I see the same strat I see in the low end, just with better activity and execution. Sure, there's a better understanding of mechanics but it's straight and cold without nuance. The self imposed limits on warring range has a numbing effect on the perspective of the utopian world. They don't build to beat everyone, they build to contend in their circle.

Edit: why it matters.

Without a mutual understanding from one war kingdom to the next, a reasonable war vs a top kingdom is fairly rare. Ideally the war kingdoms would be trying to keep the tops down because they have a history of victimizing them once they've achieved top status. Additionally, the system to acre accumulation is no-brainer: get above the stone age diplomacy of the war tier and get to where you can mutually pump within the relative safety of top kingdom CFs. Because above the top kingdom unbreakable is nothing

Compounding this are war kingdoms, through negotiating land caps, cooperating with tops. The top gets safe acres the war kingdom fought for. Time to time there's deals made. I'm not saying it's wrong, but this oversimplified is what happens. Therefor the war kingdoms that cooperate with the top have relatively safe unbreakables.

It's important to remember that a war kingdom wanting to engage a top kingdom is standing in the way of an age long goal. Just look at the passion in top kingdom war threads. They take it seriously.
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 28-05-2017 at 04:45.
    ________
    Weed bowls

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheister View Post
    Verm,

If they are just cautious, then they should STFU. If they were not so fearful, we would not need to hide who we are just to be able to get relations. The other aspects of hiding have nothing to do with them at all but rather the cat and mouse among ourselves.

For myself, I expect nothing from the war kingdoms other than that they should put up or shut up.
    The tops could just war each other since they are the only ones with the off the charts activity to compete with each other typically. My kingdom is kind of mid tier we have decent activity but no where near the top, anyway I almost hate getting into war with a severely over matched kingdom where we crush them as much as I don't like picking a target that smashes us, I throughly enjoy actually competitive wars but uncompetitive ones either way is super boring and try to avoid them.

Post Fiend
    No feast. Try again. When the top kingdoms have taken ages off and decided to just war. The war kingdoms run away with the exception of wsk and FS, they all run away every time. CR was unable to get the inflated ego war kingdoms like monkeys et al to war. They just ran and ran and ran. There were three decent war kingdoms left in the game in the mid 50's and now those are down to two since SPGC disbanded. The rest of you should simply be silent.
    Elurin is one of the most underrated monarchs this game has seen. He's very rarely ever spoken about when people talk about the best players/leaders but his record speaks volumes. Guy was a genius who beat anyone without ever running serious/strict setups or calling people to come online.
    Last edited by maccar86; 28-05-2017 at 09:10.
    F R E E A K S T Y L E
    -swoop-

Quote Originally Posted by Relswick8619 View Post
    The tops could just war each other since they are the only ones with the off the charts activity to compete with each other typically. My kingdom is kind of mid tier we have decent activity but no where near the top, anyway I almost hate getting into war with a severely over matched kingdom where we crush them as much as I don't like picking a target that smashes us, I throughly enjoy actually competitive wars but uncompetitive ones either way is super boring and try to avoid them.
    Which is understandable. But then war kingdoms (not you, but idiots like feast) should come on here and talk such a big game. Hence the STFU.

Generally, we do just war each other, but we do need to gather land from someplace. If you don't like losing land, then fight back and defend it in war.
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

Post Fiend
    Which is understandable. But then war kingdoms (not you, but idiots like feast) should come on here and talk such a big game. Hence the STFU.

Generally, we do just war each other, but we do need to gather land from someplace. If you don't like losing land, then fight back and defend it in war.
    We will never know because where are the "tops"? Unnamed kd 1 or Unnamed kd 2? Can't have a chance if one isn't given. But I'm an idiot and will never understand these things.

#taguporshutup

I already told you CR disproved your theory several ages ago Feast.

Thread Information