Thread: Military size

Regular

Military size

As a thief or a mage what is a good target to sey your military to. How big should your military be it's set at 50% to start but should it be higher than that? And I'm just asking as a general rule of thumb I understand the is different scenarios and such.

Needs to get out more
    I say yes. You can release later or scientifically/honor grow into your wpa and tpa. Well, I'm an attacker but I push guilds all age but also set my draft at 80%. - It won't reach 80%, but I leave it up till it becomes an apparent annoyance.

I rarely stop guilds, even when chained. Now if you're a mystic you might monitor things more closely. I'm running 36.6% guilds right now.

Some players/kingdoms are very articulate about their mechanics. My basic goal is to be able to op and thieve attackers and break most t/ms. I normally don't run TG. I know this doesn't apply to you, I'm just showing that unorthodox play style can achieve comparable results.
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 25-05-2017 at 21:28.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

^ this. As an attacker i set to 99 and just adjust my rates, sometimes i even use 'None'.

The actual % you will "need" is dependent on a couple things. For example when you add Homes to your build, once the population fills, your military% will have dropped.

Knowing that attackers will try to draft about as high as they can, you should generally try to do the same.

TMs will have different parameters limiting them than attackers (usually for an attacker its when you run out of peasants :P).

A Thief will generally be limited by how low they want to let their BE get, as they rely heavily on TDs, whereas a Wizard isnt as constrained by BE, but they do need to maintain peasants in order to generate wizards (if Wizards >= 2*Peasants then wizard production stops).

60-65%. Try not to tank your be. Homes will help this, as will pop and be sci - pop first.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Quote Originally Posted by RattleHead View Post
    A Thief will generally be limited by how low they want to let their BE get, as they rely heavily on TDs, whereas a Wizard isnt as constrained by BE, but they do need to maintain peasants in order to generate wizards (if Wizards >= 2*Peasants then wizard production stops).
    Ok for the rogue but mystics depend on BE even more because WTs. They need them(especially in ages when cs isn't a racial spell) at as high effectiveness as possible. High towers/forts effectiveness is also nice.
    Last edited by Bo To; 26-05-2017 at 04:19.

Strategy Moderator
    3-6 peasents per acre is what i'd be aiming for PRE WAR. if your be starts falling to low add homes.

Pump on homes , remove when stuff gets serious.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gronski87 View Post
    As a thief or a mage what is a good target to sey your military to. How big should your military be it's set at 50% to start but should it be higher than that? And I'm just asking as a general rule of thumb I understand the is different scenarios and such.
    By going off a ppa of say 30 I'd go.

12 pop space for wiz/tpa
    15epa
    Rest pes.

Goal to work towards anyway. Elf obvs not 15epa but a mix of leet/specs

If hybrid i ran 6wpa/4.5tpa 11epa 9def specs last age but I was marquis and home pumped and was safe from ms by all but very pumped elf Mystics and could op most attackers but ran 30% wts to help stop halfers.

If you do pump that deep make sure you have very good BE pre war. I usually sit on 50% homes until just before war and swap out 30% so they are in diff buildings when war starts. That way your BE stays as high as possible for as long as possible
    BLUE your my boy!

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty87 View Post

If hybrid i ran ....... ... sit on 50% homes until just before war and swap out 30% so they are in diff buildings when war starts. That way your BE stays as high as possible for as long as possible
    you also get incomign acres to repop peasents and bring up be before it completely tanks when you do this

Thread Information