Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Clarification Affluent Ritual

Regular

Clarification Affluent Ritual

Does anyone know if the Affluent Ritual applies during EOWCF?

Veteran
    I know the Onslaught ritual takes over 5 million runes. I don't think it's worthwhile, and I know we don't have the runes for it now anyways. I might try it for OOWP and let you know though! I will say that oowp might be the only time that they're possible for a warring KD. I started an Onslaught ritual, but abandoned it right away because it takes 100 casts @ 5200 runes per cast!
    Long live Mehul!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazyguy View Post
    I know the Onslaught ritual takes over 5 million runes. I don't think it's worthwhile, and I know we don't have the runes for it now anyways. I might try it for OOWP and let you know though! I will say that oowp might be the only time that they're possible for a warring KD. I started an Onslaught ritual, but abandoned it right away because it takes 100 casts @ 5200 runes per cast!
    I know math is hard, but come on.

Veteran
    Whatever. It might as well be a billion. You're missing the point.
    Long live Mehul!

520000 runes / 5 days = 104000 runes / day

104000 runes / 22 provinces = 4728 runes / province / day

So, in previous ages it would have been impossible to paradise more than 2-3 times per day? Its expensive, but I wouldn't say its prohibitive.

The hard part is getting 22+ people to work toward the same goal, I suppose, and thus organized KDs can and should benefit more from KRs.

Quote Originally Posted by changeling View Post
    Does anyone know if the Affluent Ritual applies during EOWCF?
    No war only(confirmed by devs pre age). If it was it would be mandatory that's why they limit it. EOWCF is a good time to save runes for a new ritual :).

Strategy Moderator
    thats wrong bo to.....affluent SHOULD work in eowcf

edit.......read post below im wrong
    Last edited by Persain; 26-05-2017 at 16:09. Reason: im wrong

Administrator
    *Should not. Affluent is designed to be war only, per the changes.

Lol oh really, I misunderstood that one, too. Thought it was like a EoWCF only type of thing. Either way I question its usefulness.

I don't see the logic of "it would become mandatory" if available in CF... Yes, every KD that could do it, would use it. Any KD who couldn't would be SoL. Plus the fact that Once EowCF ends "War" status should cease, and the KR would be cancelled... You invest for 120h and can get an abosolute MAX of 73h out of a CF. I thought this seemed like a fair compromise.

To me the only time Affluent would be used is if you are dominating a War already and need to start dumping Dragons, or for the CF... and really the former wouldn't be a great use.

During actual War, the cost of KR seems prohibitive unless the enemy is basically crushed already and refusing to go away.

If you preload Affluent(you dont want to pump it out last second and enter war with no runes or mana) to use during War, or even in CF(I dont see it being viable to cast KR vs offensive spells DURING war), that means you aren't able to use Onslaught or Barrier in the opening of your war, which I would think would be the best investment of your KR, generally...

What I am getting at is that if Affluent isn't available during EoWCF, I don't really see a use for it. If you go to use it(Affluent) in War, it precludes you from using the other two. Sure the other two have uses outside of War scenario, but it seems trivial by comparison.
    Last edited by RattleHead; 26-05-2017 at 14:55.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffT View Post
    I thought just like you and got disappointed :).

I think the cost of different KRs should be different just like the cost of dragons. 50(A), 75(O), 100(B) casts.

Veteran
    Err... EOWCF is still WAR.

Veteran
    Thats weak development; eowcf i still war stance
    My former contribution to a kingdom known by many names
    [ Palindromes - Stuck inside my head - Dinner is Served - Doom & Bloom Seed Co. - Foxtonomy - First Impressions ]

=^..^= SPGC !! =^..^=
    It is I the Three Musketeers, Alpacahontas, Appetitical ManiaC, Twerk it Harder Make it Better

"\*.Pyromaniacs.*/"

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazyguy View Post
    Whatever. It might as well be a billion. You're missing the point.
    No, I'm not. I don't believe hyperbole is applicable because it just isn't true. Our kingdom came OOP and had our ritual ready within 8 ticks of OOP. Not hard, we just made a plan for it. We worked together. Other people have posted similar things. Work together as a team and you will be fine. Sun Tzu would say something like - "The opponent beat you before the battle even started".

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffT View Post
    But end of war ceasefire IS war? Unless you guys suddenly decided to change the narrative that has been established for X ages since eowcf existed... undocumented changes much?

Either that or you deliberately misled the player-base with your wording there mate.

Veteran
    I don't think it was deliberate--there would be no point in tricking players into completing a pointless ritual. But it was misleading. All war conditions persist in EOWCF unless specifically exempted, so this certainly needs some clarification.

Thread Information