Thread: Wife and I

Wife and I

So the Wife and I both play at work and at home together.... But these seems to be an issue as when we went to try to take out one of the inactives in our KD we were presented with a message that we were blocked from doing so...

Is there anyway to fix this?

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    The game blocks interactions from users who share IP addresses so people can't create a bunch of accounts and play them all.

There isn't a way to "solve" it, but there's ways to play around the blocks and still enjoy the game.

1. Play in separate kingdoms. You'll face basically no blocks aside from random instances where you and your wife randomly target the same province or if your two kingdoms should happen to try and war each other.

2. Plan around the blocks. Usually works best that one plays as a TM and the other plays attacker, but it's not completely unreasonable for both to play attackers. You'll need an intermediary if you want to send aid to each other, which shouldn't be too hard to find in an active kingdom.

As a last, and unrelated piece of advice, stop trying to kill off inactives. Monarchs can kill them off with a push of a button after a week.
    Last edited by Palem; 26-05-2017 at 15:32.

We didnt want to wait a week to get rid of the land fat provinces that look like they are alt accounts. So we did it quickly we have removed 3 already.

Thank you for the answer Palem. They should really fix this issue.

Its a security feauture that dont need to be "fixed"

A security feature that causes issues with your player base is a problem. I have an esports organization that has many many many active gamers.... What happens if we all decide to become one kingdom? We often hold LAN parties etc...

I agree this is not the norm, but just because something is not the norm does not mean it does not effect anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by fuegosan View Post
    A security feature that causes issues with your player base is a problem. I have an esports organization that has many many many active gamers.... What happens if we all decide to become one kingdom? We often hold LAN parties etc...

I agree this is not the norm, but just because something is not the norm does not mean it does not effect anyone.
    Or perhaps you dont have a wife at all and you just want to cheat. Who knows.

You can read through this thread its been recently discussed pretty throughly.

http://forums.utopia-game.com/showth...bout-IP-blocks

... RTZ eSports Google it....

Also good read. on that Link Korp.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    As a last, and unrelated piece of advice, stop trying to kill off inactives. Monarchs can kill them off with a push of a button after a week.
    I don't like this advice. Wait a week just to get a other inactive? If my kd waited for randoms to auto abandon, so far this age we could have lasted until eoa.

Quote Originally Posted by Bananamancer2000 View Post
    I don't like this advice. Wait a week just to get a other inactive? If my kd waited for randoms to auto abandon, so far this age we could have lasted until eoa.
    But you think killing them off and GETTING INACTIVES EVEN FASTER is a better advice? :P

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Bananamancer2000 View Post
    Is there a way to count freeze time as inactive time as well? With a 72hr freeze, 24 protection, you could net anywhere between 1 and 96 hours. Waiting 72hrs to auto kill an inactive is much more reasonable for those inactives at start of age.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    You don't build a kingdom through randoms. The vast majority of randoms you kill will be replaced by yet another inactive random that will quickly abandon his province when he sees that he's landed in a less-than-perfect situation.

I'm not hating on randoms. I've got a few really great randoms during kingdom building. Key word being few. If you're building a kingdom, a good random should be the cherry on top, not the ice cream

Post Fiend
    why does it have to be 5 days for an abandon.. cut it down to 3

Needs to get out more
    I'm actually fond of inactive randoms, but I can understand the opposing strategic view. It deepens the challenges.

In Jest - get separated so you can live more expensively and transmute your marriage as an eternal courting ritual. then you can enjoy the highest quality of Utopia play.

I'll also suggest you two come up with a great Hallmark script based in the romantic comedy of playing an online game together.

Edit: how I wish we'd have an Arabian sultan with your same problem.

"I've got 24 wives and this IP rule is silly!"
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 26-05-2017 at 19:35.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Thread Information