Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New gains formula

Quote Originally Posted by Madchess View Post
    Conversions could be affected by fortified thougth, I do not think I know all about that mechanic, max gaining for 10-12% of the targets land seems to work best.
    Conversion is affected by gains mods(fort/gs/gbp/land\nw difference) and the def you are breaking. Therefore it's better to hit x1 a t/m or a tanky attacker/hybrid with army home(decent gain high conversion) than x4 army out attackers.

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by Bo To View Post
    Conversion is affected by gains mods(fort/gs/gbp/land\nw difference) and the def you are breaking. Therefore it's better to hit x1 a t/m or a tanky attacker/hybrid with army home(decent gain high conversion) than x4 army out attackers.
    So dwarves, if you want to be polite. That's the extent of my mathematic contribution. Please continue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Did anyone figure out the new agains formula yet? I know i would like to see it......
    Everything in your province is peasant based

Quote Originally Posted by Ryshad View Post
    Did anyone figure out the new agains formula yet? I know i would like to see it......
    There's data here to confirm that with base gains, the formula is about the same as before (like 12.5% of opponent land taken or something), but still not enough data to differentiate enough between the relative land factor and relative NW factor. We need data on hits where you hit someone with similar relative prov NW and relative kingdom NW and land but A) smaller land than you and B) bigger land than you. And then data on hits where you hit someone with similar relative prov land and relative kingdom NW and land but A) smaller NW than you and B) larger NW than you. And when I say "smaller" and "bigger", hopefully more than 130% or the reciprocal of that, since 120% still seems to place you in the sweet spot of base gains.

Postaholic
    We figured out the gains in the first week. :/
    Is this still a thing?

I like to post
    Quote Originally Posted by Panthira View Post
    Is this still a thing?
    Please share.

How good is top-feeding?

Say a 1K prov 200K NW hitting a 1.5K prov on 350K NW?

Post Demon
    As far as I know that would be messed up because of the nw diffrence, granted the last few hits of such I made was with diffrent detractors, so things was a bit muddy at best and I only hit up a lot in acres not networth.

If nw had been both on 200k I'd estimate net gains at up to 160-180 acres based on what I have seen on my own hits, while I would expect the nw diffrence to add hours on attack, maybe as much as 4-6 hours and I would expect gains to drop to 120-130 acres, maybe as much as down to 90 acres, specs gained will also likely be less than normal.

I play with pen and paper however and don't claim I've winged the gains formula, just that I have a general idea what works and what does not work out of the things I've tried, I would avoid a 20% nw gap or bigger unless it is a retal, but I'd not shy away from hitting up land, that factor alone seems to have little to no impact on gains.

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Panthira View Post
    Is this still a thing?
    I'm skeptical of this, especially considering the gains formula was changed around the time I posted this thread. Feel free to prove me wrong.

Thread Information