Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Live Twitch Broadcast - June 1, 2017 - Comments

I like to post
    Quote Originally Posted by miilits View Post
    How are you going to make Utopia great again?
    They're going to add me to their team. They just need to find a good reason and timing to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Calya View Post
    It's annoying that Bishop is from the west of Ireland. I was convinced I was the only Irishperson still left.
    And I've always pronounced Mehul as Mee-hull.

Thank you for this, and thank you for all your work.
    Where are you from?
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Quote Originally Posted by Bart of Sparta View Post
    They're going to add me to their team. They just need to find a good reason and timing to do so.
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidC View Post
    1) Bart - Do not attempt to mislead the public by stating inaccurate details to initiate public outcry, I will not tolerate this and I will not debate this

Bart never learns. :(

Quote Originally Posted by JoRoSaR View Post
    There will be, yes. I will be uploading the broadcast to YouTube at some point tomorrow evening - expect it approx. 24h from now.

In the meantime there's this but it will eventually disappear: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/148777041?t=9m20s
    Joro, you have a good voice for online commenting. Did you consider casting/commenting on cs:go ?
    It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it.

I think hes a caster for SC2 if im not mistaken.

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by Goodwitch View Post
    maybe a log of "old announcements/news/game updates" for people not as active would be a good idea.
    For me it was a matter of sinking in. I saw it but had my attention on other things.

Test server thing; I'd be great for that since I'm not competing as a way of life. But I boast solid activity and virtual vacuum results since I'm not in any circles that have strategic bias.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Quote Originally Posted by MrCurious View Post
    Joro, you have a good voice for online commenting. Did you consider casting/commenting on cs:go ?
    I cast StarCraft II and Overwatch, and host Esports events here and there - have done a few DreamHacks and IEMs in the past, and I love it :)

Amusingly I used to be a competitive CS1.5 (yes, 1.5!!) player back in the day. Nowadays, however, there are about 20-30 super solid ridiculously good CS commentators and I enjoy their work - trying to also become 'one of them' while holding down a full time job would be awesome, but perhaps unrealistic. :)
    RUTHLESS // Randomers // BiO // Pulse // Pyro // BeastBlood // BlameMod

#Giraffes #PayKuhan

Playing Since Age 18
    Resident esports gob
    Ooooh I didn't even know I had crowns, are they edible?

I like to post
    Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    Bart never learns. :(
    It's not an inaccurate statement. It's just a matter of time.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Where are you from?
    Originally Ranelagh, but I'm a dirty northsider now.
    Dublin. I'm from Dublin.

I like to post
    Quote Originally Posted by Calya View Post
    Originally Ranelagh, but I'm a dirty northsider now.
    Dublin. I'm from Dublin.

And that is how Utopia became Irish :(

You're going about this all wrong. Let's first list the facts:

1. There is a slack channel in which (at first) mostly established players had access to.
    2. This individual did NOT get the information --> this means it was simply not communicated properly/good enough. Why not good enough --> well he didn't read it, hence it wasn't good enough.
    3. You here have a frustrated player/customer who thinks that he's not being taken seriously by those in charge of the game --> now let's start by taking this comment VERY VERY seriously.

To expand on point 3, I know EXACTLY what this person is referring to because I've felt the same exclusion when I first started making waves in the community. Now, I will agree that significant improvements have been made, but that doesn't disprove the FACT that a significant amount of customers feel excluded/alienated from the decision-making processes.

It would be great to hear how the Devs are going to address this.
    I don't often agree with Bart, but as to point 1 I know that the test server was open to select players (or through some other means of allocation I am not aware of). While I think that this is essential to work out bugs etc, it's unfair to have certain strata of the community know ahead of time what works and what doesn't. Half my decisions this age were made from leaked beta testers information. While I am not going to chop down the devs here like Bart is, he does have a point to make about access. I proposed elsewhere that testing could be given to every kd OR maybe the top 25 kds as an option pre age so they can both help, and be aware of the changes.

Again, there have been good developments, but to say that this is an unbiased community in which we are all equals is incorrect. Every age is the "age of nepotism" as far as I am concerned. Many great voices in this community go unheard - (like Attero) etc, and then the loudest (bart), or the established (faceless men) seem to be the most rewarded.
    "Because of the implication"

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by joeblogs View Post
    I don't often agree with Bart, but as to point 1 I know that the test server was open to select players (or through some other means of allocation I am not aware of). While I think that this is essential to work out bugs etc, it's unfair to have certain strata of the community know ahead of time what works and what doesn't. Half my decisions this age were made from leaked beta testers information. While I am not going to chop down the devs here like Bart is, he does have a point to make about access. I proposed elsewhere that testing could be given to every kd OR maybe the top 25 kds as an option pre age so they can both help, and be aware of the changes.

Again, there have been good developments, but to say that this is an unbiased community in which we are all equals is incorrect. Every age is the "age of nepotism" as far as I am concerned. Many great voices in this community go unheard - (like Attero) etc, and then the loudest (bart), or the established (faceless men) seem to be the most rewarded.
    The test group is available to everyone. It has been linked in the message of the day (which everyone gets when they login to utopia), on IRC, distributed via munkbot, and here in the forums. All anyone needs to do is ask. If you don't pay attention to any of those channels, it becomes a lot harder. What would you want us to do, email everyone?

The vast majority of formulas used in the test server have been altered, or new formulas are not implemented until after testing for functionality is complete.
    Last edited by JeffT; 06-06-2017 at 00:28.

And worth pointing out that the explore pool numbers were posted on the forums and in the changes thread before the age started specifically because they were first tested on the testing server, so that testers wouldn't have an unfair advantage knowing those details
    Last edited by Pillz; 06-06-2017 at 03:46. Reason: Or not I guess?

Quote Originally Posted by JeffT View Post
    The test group is available to everyone. It has been linked in the message of the day (which everyone gets when they login to utopia), on IRC, distributed via munkbot, and here in the forums. All anyone needs to do is ask. If you don't pay attention to any of those channels, it becomes a lot harder. What would you want us to do, email everyone?

The vast majority of formulas used in the test server have been altered, or new formulas are not implemented until after testing for functionality is complete.
    Emailing everyone is probably the best way to get everyone involved. I'm not saying it wasn't offered, I'm saying that it wasn't as open as it could be. 90% of people I spoke to had no clue about it even with the above mentioned ways to gain access. Again, this isn't an attack on you guys as I like the revitalization of the game, just that if everything is in one easy to digest format and accessible to all we can more easily make the community tighter. I will still argue that getting access to the test servers was an advantage though.
    "Because of the implication"

Regular
    And that is how Utopia became Irish :(
    I don't get it. So I'll change the topic.
    Pronounce Ranelagh and we can talk.

If you get this right I will be deeply impressed. No cheating.

Hint: It's three syllables.

Thread Information