Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Live Twitch Broadcast - June 1, 2017 - Comments

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by joeblogs View Post
    I don't often agree with Bart, but as to point 1 I know that the test server was open to select players (or through some other means of allocation I am not aware of). While I think that this is essential to work out bugs etc, it's unfair to have certain strata of the community know ahead of time what works and what doesn't. Half my decisions this age were made from leaked beta testers information. While I am not going to chop down the devs here like Bart is, he does have a point to make about access. I proposed elsewhere that testing could be given to every kd OR maybe the top 25 kds as an option pre age so they can both help, and be aware of the changes.

Again, there have been good developments, but to say that this is an unbiased community in which we are all equals is incorrect. Every age is the "age of nepotism" as far as I am concerned. Many great voices in this community go unheard - (like Attero) etc, and then the loudest (bart), or the established (faceless men) seem to be the most rewarded.
    If you read my post at all, you would know that your statement is 100% untrue. The testers have never had any information ahead of time (as JeffT mentioned) because ALL of the information they had through testing was not deployed onto the live server. So, IF 'half your decisions this age were made from leaked beta testers information' then ALL of those decisions were just as well taken from a hat because, once again, ALL information testers had available to them was not actual live game data.

I personally run the test server. I alter the code into the test form. I know the formulas that are being used and only I (and JeffT/Munk) know how to evaluate the data generated from the test server. The gains formula? Never went live on the test server. The personal explore pools? Oh, those had 3 different parts altered. The explore formula? Unchanged from last age so is irrelevant. Paladin never had self spells able to cast on others. None of the paladin self spells were coded to provided any effects on test server. Rituals? Oh these cost 5 runes and 1 cast to initiate, and they didn't provide any bonuses (not that it mattered because the bonuses were public knowledge). So what exactly were you able to base your decisions on from leaked beta testers? You have me intrigued.
    Please e-mail Utopia Support for any in-game related issues at UtopiaSupport@Utopia-Game.com

Account Deleted or Inactive? Click here!

Utopia Facebook Page <== Like us on Facebook and join the conversation!
    Follow us on Twitter @UtopiaClassic

Come join the MUGA Community on Discord: https://discord.gg/NZ4KywF

Quote Originally Posted by DavidC View Post
    If you read my post at all, you would know that your statement is 100% untrue. The testers have never had any information ahead of time (as JeffT mentioned) because ALL of the information they had through testing was not deployed onto the live server. So, IF 'half your decisions this age were made from leaked beta testers information' then ALL of those decisions were just as well taken from a hat because, once again, ALL information testers had available to them was not actual live game data.

I personally run the test server. I alter the code into the test form. I know the formulas that are being used and only I (and JeffT/Munk) know how to evaluate the data generated from the test server. The gains formula? Never went live on the test server. The personal explore pools? Oh, those had 3 different parts altered. The explore formula? Unchanged from last age so is irrelevant. Paladin never had self spells able to cast on others. None of the paladin self spells were coded to provided any effects on test server. Rituals? Oh these cost 5 runes and 1 cast to initiate, and they didn't provide any bonuses (not that it mattered because the bonuses were public knowledge). So what exactly were you able to base your decisions on from leaked beta testers? You have me intrigued.
    So the test server tested 100% of things that were not added to the game?
    "Because of the implication"

Anyway I just want it universally accessible. I actually like where the game is headed.
    "Because of the implication"

Scribe
    Quote Originally Posted by joeblogs View Post
    Emailing everyone is probably the best way to get everyone involved. I'm not saying it wasn't offered, I'm saying that it wasn't as open as it could be. 90% of people I spoke to had no clue about it even with the above mentioned ways to gain access. Again, this isn't an attack on you guys as I like the revitalization of the game, just that if everything is in one easy to digest format and accessible to all we can more easily make the community tighter. I will still argue that getting access to the test servers was an advantage though.
    Join the test server and you'll see it is not an advantage. Follow the slack channel conversations and you'll see that it's the same people over and over putting in the work but when they suggest things no one listens to them. This is not saying that everything is unbiased, but barking at the test server is barking in the wrong direction. Sure there are a lot of the high ranking players in that slack channel but most don't test or discuss anything. The ones doing the legwork of actually testing, pointing out obvious bugs and such do not get any advantage from doing so.

Veteran
    Most of you would be crying in the streets if formulas were the same.

On a constructive note, great job! After taking a look at how WW charts are calced I think it could use a bit more attention. Maybe after a certain % for relative opponent nw in either direction(for just that war) there is an increase to how the WW points are calced, respectively. War someone way smaller, get less points, and vice versa. This will be more important with current changes as it prevents growth kds from warring much smaller opponents(that are still high on charts) and being rewarded too much. Keeps the charts separate to an extent. I'm sure there is a better way to explain, or go about this, but I'll leave that to you guys.

Again, thanks for some great changes!
    Quote Originally Posted by vines View Post
    You just got owned again. When will you learn fool. I'm just on a different level.

Thread Information