Thread: Ritual decay rate

Post Fiend

Ritual decay rate

Can't see info on this in Final Changes, there is info in Proposed Changes but don't want to assume its the same. Do we know what the decay rate is? Would like to figure out how long a ritual has to go on an enemy KD.

Regular
    Copied from Final Changes:

Kingdom Rituals
    Kingdom Rituals (KR) are a new mechanic that serves as a kingdom-wide bonus.
    - The Monarch or Steward will select one of 3 rituals the kingdom will begin (similar to the starting of a dragon)
    - To complete the ritual the Kingdom must cast a new 'ritual spell' 100 times within 48 hours of the ritual being started
    - The ritual spell will have a very expensive rune casting cost; and have a difficulty similar to the most difficult self spell
    - A successful KR will last for 120 hours
    - Only one KR can be active, another KR can be started before the active KR ends, very similar to Dragons. Once the KR is completed, the previous KR will be replaced
    - All users will have a KR page; only on this page you will have the KR spell available to help initiate the KR
    - The KR page will also display various information such as: current KR status (type and strength), whether a new ritual is being cast, how many more successful casts are necessary
    - For enemies: an active KR will be displayed via Spy on Throne, where you will see which KR is active and current strength

0.0083 per tick?

Post Fiend
    120 hours isn't very helpful if we don't know what strength the ritual will end at. Proposed changes say 70% but dunno if thats still the case.

It decays at .2 a tick.

Quote Originally Posted by Delusional V View Post
    It decays at .2 a tick.
    it decays 0.2 or 0.3 pr tick.
    aka 1% in 4 hrs.
    thatll make the ritual 70% in tick 120
    Snakes
    PewPEW
    Divinity
    Emeriti

Non of my nubs speak for my KD

ew so their strength fade a bit over time do they?

somehow i thought the idea of less than 100% strength KR was gone when casting vs enemy KR left...

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by RattleHead View Post
    ew so their strength fade a bit over time do they?

somehow i thought the idea of less than 100% strength KR was gone when casting vs enemy KR left...
    they stay at 100% power the decay just gives enemy kds length that ritual has been up

ok good to hear... sorry, maybe im just confused here but;

wouldnt it be 100%/120h = 0.833_% per tick? why would it end on 70% at 120h?

Quote Originally Posted by RattleHead View Post
    ok good to hear... sorry, maybe im just confused here but;

wouldnt it be 100%/120h = 0.833_% per tick? why would it end on 70% at 120h?

cause it doesnt go down to 0%......

starts at 100% goes down with 0.2-0.3% Pr tick. when ritual goes away after 120hrs it shows as 70%.

dont ask me why though
    Snakes
    PewPEW
    Divinity
    Emeriti

Non of my nubs speak for my KD

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Binar View Post
    cause it doesnt go down to 0%......

starts at 100% goes down with 0.2-0.3% Pr tick. when ritual goes away after 120hrs it shows as 70%.

dont ask me why though
    Based on the general talking on the test server it was meant to naturally get weaker over time so 70% would of meant 70% streangth. I assume it'd drop to 5-10% or even 0% if the counter ritual stuff was in, but that got held off from this age due to ?? time to implement, lack of ability to test, to complicated for first age??? that im not sure why exactly but one step at a time i guess :D

Post Fiend
    Thanks for all the answers! Clears it up for me :)

Enthusiast
    My ghetto is about to finish a ritual and i have to say it's a very good addition to the game (besides the bonuses it gives) cos there are some signs of cooperation in the kd (rune exchanges and having more suitable provinces cast).
    I'd say leave it as is for a few ages, no need to have decay or have another kd reduce its duration or effectiveness.

Forum Addict
    Did they rule out the ability to reduce a ritual's potency with spellcasting? Does it just decay naturally with no way to speed it along?

Quote Originally Posted by Verminator View Post
    Did they rule out the ability to reduce a ritual's potency with spellcasting? Does it just decay naturally with no way to speed it along?
    For this age - yes. You can't weaken/stop enemy's KR. Same applies for you ;).

Thread Information