Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Multi-casting 'not' p2w

Multi-casting 'not' p2w

If the ability to multi cast isn't considered p2w then why was it banned from 2rd party tools for the entire history of Utopia?

You don't see the benefit of launching off all your NM's in 1 click rather than waiting to do it manually?

Just charge us per page view you know you want to.

Scripting is banned, you know this.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Scripting is banned, you know this.
    So was trading accounts. But now you can pay.
    So was x-logging. But now you can pay.

The direction from OMAC was obvious, and it's clearly the foundation for MUGA's roadmap.

Quote Originally Posted by Pillz View Post

The direction from OMAC was obvious, and it's clearly the foundation for MUGA's roadmap.
    Whats that got to do with your question? Multicast was not allowed as it is server interaction. We don't allow players to hit the server with scripts.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|

The point of the thread is that multi-casting is a p2w feature thats always been banned previously.

JoRo brought up a good situation in which it would operate as a p2w feature when he mentioned an incoming army with 12 opposing provinces dumping stealth as soon as it returns, which is the sort of thing I was alluding to in my OP when mentioning NM.

How the ability to conduct the slowest actions in the game (ops) exceptionally faster (literally automating the process) for only players who pay for it is not considered p2w is far and away beyond me. Zawk's mental gymnastics are top notch.

So we add a delay. Settle down.

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Pillz View Post

Damn right. How come JoRo is the only sensible one of all of them? And they gave mealy mouthed shuffle rounds in response when he pointed out that those mechanics would be P2W.
    Sad times for Uto. How could they possibly think they could ever grow the game with P2W?
    Clearly the direction is to rinse the current user base as much as possible, then just close it down when it dies. And then maybe say in surprised tones to each other, WOW how did that happen, I can't understand why all these people quit...

P2W and they deny it...say it as it is.

Forum Addict
    So we add a delay. Settle down.
    IF they add a delay, it'll be because users screamed enough. And that's a real bad sign in itself. These are supposed to be 'top players' so nothing they do game wise should be an 'accident'.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetiepie View Post
    IF they add a delay, it'll be because users screamed enough. And that's a real bad sign in itself. These are supposed to be 'top players' so nothing they do game wise should be an 'accident'.
    If w add a delay it will be cause we feel it is required. We haven't even started coding it, its just an idea.

Implement it all you want, but its clearly p2w
    Snakes
    PewPEW
    Divinity
    Emeriti

Non of my nubs speak for my KD

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Binar View Post
    Implement it all you want, but its clearly p2w
    i singled handedly laged out the test server when munk said "Stress" the server and made it so that you always had 100% mana/stealth. i used an autoclicker to hammer the **** outa the server and did about 100 casts of ET and 1500 casts of nm/fb in <3 min. if someone WANTED to cast all their nm in 5 seconds they could already do it w/out scripts.

Quote Originally Posted by Persain View Post
    i singled handedly laged out the test server when munk said "Stress" the server and made it so that you always had 100% mana/stealth. i used an autoclicker to hammer the **** outa the server and did about 100 casts of ET and 1500 casts of nm/fb in <3 min. if someone WANTED to cast all their nm in 5 seconds they could already do it w/out scripts.
    You are the 0.01%
    Snakes
    PewPEW
    Divinity
    Emeriti

Non of my nubs speak for my KD

If w add a delay it will be cause we feel it is required. We haven't even started coding it, its just an idea.
    I think the function itself is a great idea, but paywalling it is a terrible idea.
    Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Administrator
    There are some issues with the function generally, let alone the question of whether it's part of a premium offering.

e.g. if I'm online and my troops are home, and someone pushing prop x 30 on me with my troops home in the 2 second window before I attack, that's 'unfair' -- regardless of whether it's generally available or otherwise, because they wouldn't have managed all of those ops otherwise.

If it's done, and it's still an if, we would definitely not want to provide an advantage over people that don't have it. The original idea was to have it purely for the likes of tog and paradise.

Thread Information