Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Multi-casting 'not' p2w

Quote Originally Posted by JeffT View Post
    There are some issues with the function generally, let alone the question of whether it's part of a premium offering.

e.g. if I'm online and my troops are home, and someone pushing prop x 30 on me with my troops home in the 2 second window before I attack, that's 'unfair' -- regardless of whether it's generally available or otherwise, because they wouldn't have managed all of those ops otherwise.
    yeah there would have to be some sort of delay(either per op, like 15 seconds or so, or it takes say 15-20 mins for the nuke to trigger) or other drawback.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    If it's done, and it's still an if, we would definitely not want to provide an advantage over people that don't have it. The original idea was to have it purely for the likes of tog and paradise.
    Yes selfspells would be fine, could even add conditions/arguments, ie cast NB until plague is cured.
    Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

We mentioned this at the beginning of the section on the broadcast, but it's worth reiterating: it's an idea and a consideration that hasn't even started being coded (in fact I suggested minutes later that maybe we shouldn't paywall anything affecting how we access the game and only paywall cosmetics). So while it's not universally liked, neither are unicorns - and right now, they're both as real as each other :p
    RUTHLESS // Randomers // BiO // Pulse // Pyro // BeastBlood // BlameMod

#Giraffes #PayKuhan

Playing Since Age 18
    Resident esports gob
    Ooooh I didn't even know I had crowns, are they edible?

Post Demon
    Getting rid of the oops would be enougth for everyone there was no oopses when the game was at 120k players but there has been ever since we dropped below 5000.

I also can't see why I'd auto cast something I prefer to see all the dammage I'm doing.

1. I think if you were only allowed to multi-cast self spells it would severely limit the arguments saying it is a p2w feature.

2. If the other cosmetic bonuses of a Gold account are done well, idk if this type of bonus would even be necessary.

3. There are many examples of how any type of combat being preset or spammed could impact the way the game currently functions. The biggest issue would probably be how the current war proposal mechanism would function in tandem with this sort of auto-cast/send idea. KD sets ops/spells/attacks accepts proposal minutes before tick...destroys 5 provinces before the other KD can blink.

Quote Originally Posted by JoRoSaR View Post
    We mentioned this at the beginning of the section on the broadcast, but it's worth reiterating: it's an idea and a consideration that hasn't even started being coded (in fact I suggested minutes later that maybe we shouldn't paywall anything affecting how we access the game and only paywall cosmetics). So while it's not universally liked, neither are unicorns - and right now, they're both as real as each other :p
    Yeah but objecting before things are implemented is usually the better way to stave off things because once it's coded or implemented it's harder to justify pulling it because of the work done behind it. Or in the case where it's already implemented you'd have to repay the people who already paid for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Madchess View Post
    Getting rid of the oops would be enougth for everyone there was no oopses when the game was at 120k players but there has been ever since we dropped below 5000.

I also can't see why I'd auto cast something I prefer to see all the dammage I'm doing.
    Mehul just didn't implement them, they brought up how old uto worked(which was already mostly known) in the broadcast, ie old utopia would update **** whenever there were spare server resources, which could mean whenever you logged on the next time(15 hours later).
    Last edited by Elldallan; 01-06-2017 at 23:24.
    Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Enthusiast
    Sounds like a terrible idea overall unless it's limited to Tog only.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Elldallan View Post
    Yeah but objecting before things are implemented is usually the better way to stave off things because once it's coded or implemented it's harder to justify pulling it because of the work done behind it. Or in the case where it's already implemented you'd have to repay the people who already paid for it.
    The only thing that has been coded so far is the referral system. Your feedback and suggestions for how to make our initial ideas better are very much appreciated
    Please e-mail Utopia Support for any in-game related issues at UtopiaSupport@Utopia-Game.com

Account Deleted or Inactive? Click here!

Utopia Facebook Page <== Like us on Facebook and join the conversation!
    Follow us on Twitter @UtopiaClassic

Come join the MUGA Community on Discord: https://discord.gg/NZ4KywF

It's not a bad idea in itself, but I also question the wisdom of making it something you have to pay for.

As for the delay... the mechanics of that seem odd to imagine. You press a button and.... what? A result pops up every 2 seconds? Or you wait 30 seconds, and then all 20 ops show up simultaneously? I just don't see how you would make that not strange.

To put it simply:

If it didn't give you an advantage, it wouldn't be worth paying for.

If it did give you an advantage, it would be pay to win.

Find for me ten utopia players that would rather do their ops all at once rather than one at a time if it wasn't any faster. There are none. You can't check success/fail rates, damage done, losses, etc. It's unnecessarily risky. The only reason to do it would be the speed advantage. So if you added a delay to take away that advantage, it would be pointless. Who would pay for it?

Postaholic
    I'd say it's fine if certain ops are excluded - prop, NS, NM, steal war horses, etc, basically anything that can be avoided (somewhat) by the target if they act quickly in normal situations shouldn't be allowed.

If the purpose is to allow people op easier from mobile and not to gain an advantage, then perhaps add a 5 second delay between ops or something, which would give the caster some disincentive to use it (defender aids soldier ball away for example).

Quote Originally Posted by OneRedBird View Post
    Find for me ten utopia players that would rather do their ops all at once rather than one at a time if it wasn't any faster. There are none. You can't check success/fail rates, damage done, losses, etc. It's unnecessarily risky. The only reason to do it would be the speed advantage. So if you added a delay to take away that advantage, it would be pointless. Who would pay for it?
    I can still think of a few instances where it'd be something I'd use, most of them ofc are cellphone/work related, if I have 5 mins to do stuff while taking a smoke break(I don't smoke but you get the point), then it'd still be moderately useful to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Swagger View Post
    I'd say it's fine if certain ops are excluded - prop, NS, NM, steal war horses, etc, basically anything that can be avoided (somewhat) by the target if they act quickly in normal situations shouldn't be allowed.

If the purpose is to allow people op easier from mobile and not to gain an advantage, then perhaps add a 5 second delay between ops or something, which would give the caster some disincentive to use it (defender aids soldier ball away for example).
    I assume you're talking about instant mass casting without delays, if so then every single spell and op would have to be included in that list because things like Reflect Magic and Clear Sight etc exists and is a counter to any op/spell.
    5 seconds is still too short, it'd have to be 15-20 seconds because in the age of oopses it can take a whole lot of time to get op's/spells through and 5 seconds is still a very short amount of time given human interactions as opposed to machine interactions.

Forum Fanatic
    As its being discussed as a possibility of pay to play features being implemented. Many people will stop playing if it goes to that. Ive played this game since age 9. Ill stop playing myself and from kd discussions i saw today in chat most there will also. We dont play the clone because of the features it has such as that.

Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

Scribe
    It is okay if it's self spells only. Otherwise it's clear as day p2w as it removes strategic options from your opponent (MA blocking a spell run, etc). I hope if this is implemented any delay is at least as long as it would take a real person to perform the ops.

People had some good ideas for what a premium account could offer in a suggestions thread created about that a couple of ages ago.

Post Fiend
    i fail to see in the slightest how this is P2W if properly coded.

Currently i click to cast Fireball wait for result message and cast again. We can say ~5 seconds. If its coded so that the game waits for the result, as if it were going to upload to lucid or munk and then cast again, there is 0 advantage. There is actually quite the significant disadvantage that either no one wants to think of or is to busy yelling P2W to see it.

If my army comes home and i send out my troops again while you load up 2-3 people to run ~8 Rob Horse or you decide to go for broke and load up 20 props a piece from 3t/ms and i get my army out before even a quarter of those ops complete, i laugh as the game continues to waste your stealth for 0 gains. If people want to pay for a disadvantage go ahead. I would stick to cosmetic features or something maybe where you see additional information on your history page that could be shown on your province profile when someone clicks it. I would call them ego stats that rollover each age, something like troops deserted, peasants lost, troops killed, etc. Something like that would, imo, be worth paying a few $$ to see additional stats like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    If it's done, and it's still an if, we would definitely not want to provide an advantage over people that don't have it. The original idea was to have it purely for the likes of tog and paradise.
    Then the simplest solution would be to make multicast available for self spells only?
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Enthusiast
    There are several ways this could be toned down and be less attractive to use for power playing.
    They know if this is performed by someone using the new features. They could just implement a cap on the amount of operations you can perform per hour on a specific province…
    Several ways of toning this feature down to be a nice thing, but not a game changer..

Thread Information