Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Affairs of the State - Episode 1 - Live Broadcast Feedback

Administrator

Affairs of the State - Episode 1 - Live Broadcast Feedback

Hello everyone,

First we would like to thank everyone who attended the broadcast and participated in the chat! There was quite a lot of content covered in the first episode we hope you enjoyed listening as much as we enjoyed doing it. This being the first episode ran a bit longer than we expected which we feel wasn't a bad thing! Future episodes will likely be much shorter and more directed at user feedback and interaction.

We answered some of the more popular questions being asked in chat and provided in the forums. We look forward to our next broadcast and making this a regular event that everyone can look forward to!

If you missed the live broadcast you can view it by clicking here

We would like to open this thread for feedback.
    Once again thank you and we look forward to engaging with everyone again!

And of course, a very very special thanks to our wonderful host JoRoSaR!! This episode was a spectacular success and it wouldn't have been so without your efforts and professionalism. Can't wait for Episode 2!
    Last edited by DavidC; 02-06-2017 at 15:03.
    Please e-mail Utopia Support for any in-game related issues at UtopiaSupport@Utopia-Game.com

Account Deleted or Inactive? Click here!

Utopia Facebook Page <== Like us on Facebook and join the conversation!
    Follow us on Twitter @UtopiaClassic

Come join the MUGA Community on Discord: https://discord.gg/NZ4KywF

Please please please teach Joro how to mute his mic when he needs to cough or type on a mechanical keyboard.
    "The Utopian voice of reason" ~Ben (And he's an official moderator)

Same with the other videos, it seems like a good idea when I hear it, but can't be bothered to actually watch or listen to them. I'd rather just skim through a transcript of it afterwards.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Band of Horses View Post
    Please please please teach Joro how to mute his mic when he needs to cough or type on a mechanical keyboard.
    Well it wasn't JoRo on the keyboard, and that was discussed immediately after the broadcast completed! :P It will be addressed on the next one for sure.
    Please e-mail Utopia Support for any in-game related issues at UtopiaSupport@Utopia-Game.com

Account Deleted or Inactive? Click here!

Utopia Facebook Page <== Like us on Facebook and join the conversation!
    Follow us on Twitter @UtopiaClassic

Come join the MUGA Community on Discord: https://discord.gg/NZ4KywF

Overall I enjoyed the broadcast today, it was exciting to see the brains behind Utopia in real life today.

Here is my feedback on the twitch broad casts today:

- It was difficult to hear Bishop, a simple mic upgrade should work
    - Two hours may be a bit too long, for something like Utopia-game short and simple may be better
    - It would be annoying when say Bishop is trying to explain something and Joro keyboard typing is louder than Bishop
    - Some parts of the broad cast got a bit boring, I thought more time should of been given to answering relevant questions from the chat
    - To me it was interesting when Munk was talking about the submissions for the target find. Wouldn't twitch be a good opportunity to show the good submissions and what stage they are at right now? It may get more people to work on it.

A question I had was related to what David was saying about the "Gold star" low-stake paid benefits. I have no problem for that, the game has to be supported some how. But what if free users were also given benefits for conducting certain tasks that help with the game. Like for the people involved in making a new target finder, or helping analyze some data, or other tasks that help the game.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidC View Post
    Well it wasn't JoRo on the keyboard, and that was discussed immediately after the broadcast completed! :P It will be addressed on the next one for sure.
    Thank you <3 I really appreciate how transparent you guys are being with changes and goals with the community. It is a strong contrast to S&B and one that I prefer.
    "The Utopian voice of reason" ~Ben (And he's an official moderator)

Quote Originally Posted by mathbuilder View Post
    - It was difficult to hear Bishop, a simple mic upgrade should work
    Sorry, my kid stole my good headset. I found it after the stream ended so will have it next time. I will also speak slower so people can follow my accent, which is sexy and not at all pikey.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Postaholic
    Speaking of the presentation quality alone I thought it was very good - JoRo did a great job keeping things moving forward without too many hiccups.
    Bishop will need a better mic and/or connection if he's going to be on future shows, as it was difficult to make out what he was saying most of the time. It may also help if he stops being so Irish.

I'd love to see one of these maybe 2 times an age, perhaps one prior to age end discussing conceptual changes, and one like this one shortly after age starts to address the concepts behind changes. That should also be a low enough number that the presenters don't get burned out by them as I'm sure there was lots of behind the scenes prep work that went into this.

It was a good episode 1, it brought up a bunch of conversation in our KD

I had a 2 paragraph post earlier, and it said I wasn't logged on and couldnt post, though at the top of the screen it said'weclome unlost"

I will try to sum it up and hope it posts this time.

Gains: hardcore players are not real happy with not being able to chain effectivly, yes this might deter noobs, but that brings me to the next thought.

Noob Server: I love the Idea of brining back Genesis, but I think a noob server where things are easier(or less harsh) might get some into the game, and maybe they will graduate to the hardcore server.
    ^^^ I wouldnt call it noob server, lol^^^

Gold option: maybe could include meters, taunts, or even a projection on what you might get on ops, but that "rope " thing seems EASILY abused, and makes it P2W, and that is unacceptable.
    (for me anyway)

More Players: I have been actively trying to recruit ppl to play the game, my KD is full, but I just think the game is more fun with more ppl. Maybe you could give credits to ppl who succesfully recruit others to play? I know some of you out there have ppl on your contact list from back in the day, look em up, see if they are interested... besides noobs, there used to be a really big player base, and I would love to see many return.

P2W: general concensus is if it goes that way, this game will die. I say that because several ppl like myself have been playing since the beginning or close to it. I will pay for all kinds of other stuff, but if it goes pay to win , I am out.(many feel the same)

I love this game, and have for a long time, been through boats, fame, dark elves, etc, more than ANYONE I want this game to succeed. Most of what I see so far is good, but I am concerned about this gold option thing.

knew I would forget some of what we talked about...

A battle log: to keep track of your hits ingoing , and outgoing( I sometimes go to train and think"how much offense did I lose on that hit?"
    again, you could make that part of gold package.

I mentioned a predicter for ops, but for attacks would be nice too, again these are luxuries, and can be put in the purchase column.

one person mentioned a dragon log... not sure how that would work, but interesting.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Sorry, my kid stole my good headset. I found it after the stream ended so will have it next time. I will also speak slower so people can follow my accent, which is sexy and not at all pikey.
    Lol nice, my kids snake my stuff too.

Post Fiend
    twitch wont load on my comp:(

Forum Addict
    Can someone donate IN ear headphone set to bishop? Couldn't concentrate on anything else...
    Last edited by Mansoor; 02-06-2017 at 03:30.

That moment when Bishop and his quietness are more reaction generating than the content of the show

Post Fiend
    Bishop bans trolls, kinda looks like an actual troll IRL :p
    Age 65: Honor crown with ED and #1 honor DW.
    Age 71: Honor/Land/NW Crown with Barcaloo

Thread Information