Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Affairs of the State - Episode 1 - Live Broadcast Feedback

Overall, it was good. Bishop should prepare better mic for future broadcast. And may be the broadcast should do it on weekend instead of weekday where people will be more likely to participate?

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by situsklaw View Post
    twitch wont load on my comp:(
    It's ok, you're not alone. We still have our imaginations :)

When I eat broccoli I'm a colossus eating trees. Sometimes I roar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Veteran
    Offcourse there were some flaws but in essence i m happy the way the new owners communicate with the community. Joro also did a good job facilitating keeping an eye on the chat and bring up realtime relevant questions.
    My former contribution to a kingdom known by many names
    [ Palindromes - Stuck inside my head - Dinner is Served - Doom & Bloom Seed Co. - Foxtonomy - First Impressions ]

=^..^= SPGC !! =^..^=
    It is I the Three Musketeers, Alpacahontas, Appetitical ManiaC, Twerk it Harder Make it Better

"\*.Pyromaniacs.*/"

Forum Addict
    I just saw bits here and there as it was so damn long, only interested in the Genesis part. Was a good way but damn, keep it maximum 20-30 minutes

I've just suffered through 30 minutes of the VoD. Ended up reading Bart's crap in chat instead of listening to the stream.

Take this negative feedback as an opportunity to grow ^^
    Need to talk about the game with more passion imo! And just say some random crap that doesn't make sense from time to time, I feel that would help :D
    Age 65 - FreeakStyle - FeyrPlay Alliance Win - Dwarves Stole My Bike
    Age 66 - FreeakStyle - #1 Honor & Warring Kingdom - Making FS Great Again
    Age 67 - BeastBlood - #1 Honor Human(Prince) - Steve from Walmart
    Age 68 - BeastBlood ft OldSchool - #1 Honor Kingdom & Avian - We Are All Feyr
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

Quote Originally Posted by Band of Horses View Post
    Please please please teach Joro how to mute his mic when he needs to cough or type on a mechanical keyboard.
    Quote Originally Posted by mathbuilder View Post
    - It would be annoying when say Bishop is trying to explain something and Joro keyboard typing is louder than Bishop
    Brutal! I was technically the only guy on the broadcast who was Push-To-Talk :p Where did #BlameJoRo come from :p

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsMatija View Post
    And just say some random crap that doesn't make sense from time to time, I feel that would help :D
    Sounds like we're lining up Matija for episode 2? ;)

YouTube VOD is now up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kn4...3gBitEkaKWs24Y
    RUTHLESS // Randomers // BiO // Pulse // Pyro // BeastBlood // BlameMod

#Giraffes #PayKuhan

Playing Since Age 18
    Resident esports gob
    Ooooh I didn't even know I had crowns, are they edible?

Quote Originally Posted by JoRoSaR View Post
    Sounds like we're lining up Matija for episode 2? ;)
    Sounds like a deal, do I have to show my ugly face though? Maybe people shouldn't be forced to see that.
    Age 65 - FreeakStyle - FeyrPlay Alliance Win - Dwarves Stole My Bike
    Age 66 - FreeakStyle - #1 Honor & Warring Kingdom - Making FS Great Again
    Age 67 - BeastBlood - #1 Honor Human(Prince) - Steve from Walmart
    Age 68 - BeastBlood ft OldSchool - #1 Honor Kingdom & Avian - We Are All Feyr
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

I love the idea to make the Genesis the 2-3 weeks fight for survival mode. Even if it's not possible to make it now devs should try to make smth like that in future.

Also one problem wasn't addressed in this 1st talk - the problem of turning down the UtopiaNet IRC server which can hurt many kingdoms.

Overall feedback - translation was a little boring - kinda too official, too few elements of show and fun, you were sittink like you are on exams or work interview. It's better then ok for first try though.

Hope this idea of doing more talk and getting more feedback from community will really make utopia better, I wish you luck in that.

Are you guys running on a Partnered Twitch Channel?

Not sure if this has been mentioned anywhere. Perhaps next time when advertising an event time 'Broadcast will begin: Thursday June 1, 2017 @ 20:00 GMT (1pm West Coast, 4pm East Coast, 9pm UK, 10pm EU)', we could also add Utopia date & time to that line up. You know, for the nubs who live and breath Uto time instead of real time :D

It was great! Only thing im sad about is the non love for Dark Elves doh :/ Always so fast dismissed :'(
    Played in Freeakstyle from 2009 to age 72 (2017) <3 - 7honor 1war crown | On a break

Needs to get out more
    Just a thank you to Joro for serving up the YouTube link.

You guys have done a noble thing, purchasing Utopia.

My appreciation for your combined effort.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Quote Originally Posted by fuegosan View Post
    Are you guys running on a Partnered Twitch Channel?
    Yup - although for a talk show I saw no reason to crank up the bitrate. :p
    RUTHLESS // Randomers // BiO // Pulse // Pyro // BeastBlood // BlameMod

#Giraffes #PayKuhan

Playing Since Age 18
    Resident esports gob
    Ooooh I didn't even know I had crowns, are they edible?

It was mentioned in the cast to look into analyzing players to see how they come (and importantly stay) to play in Utopia to figure out how to grow the number of players, and it's been mentioned numerous times in the forums about how to make the game more noob-friendly (UI, noob-friendly race/personality like Treant, noob-friendly server, better guide, official mobile app, etc.) to grow the player base.

However, I've come to a conclusion: the best pool of people out there for Utopia to grab and grow its number of players aren't noobs who aren't familiar to this kind of internet game. The best pool of people, by far, for Utopia to try to attract and retain are former Utopia players. I think 90%+ of current Utopia players are long-time Utopia players (have played continuously) or former Utopia players (didn't play for a while and came back for nostalgia). Honestly, how many people out of the people you know in Utopia started playing it recently for the first time? And, honestly, if you've never played Utopia and you're looking for an mmo game in 2017, would you honestly start playing a game like Utopia? Lol, with its lack of graphics and old school-feel tick system?

I've seen estimates of 30k-40k players as the most Utopia had in the past. I think trying to grab and retain these people as players should be the main objective. The problem of course is how... and I honestly am not sure. Probably better UI? Or different UI options? (allow people to keep the old UI for the nostalgia factor). Discouraging bottomfeeding, too (casual players like to play casually but not get hammered all the time by bigger guys). But these players, obviously, are not noobs (even if they'll be rusty if they start playing again, rusty =/= noob IMO). And so while a better guide/tutorial has value, these types of returning players obviously aren't pure noobs. Perhaps a "Guide/Tutorial for Returning Players" with that sort of title would be better, and that guide/tutorial can be written with these kinds of players in mind. The next pool of players to try to grab and retain would be Earth 2025 (called Earth Empires now?) players who either currently play Earth Empires or played Earth 2025 before, and don't play Utopia now. Perhaps the current owners can reach out to the owners of Earth Empires and they can cross-advertise with each player base? As well as trade ideas about how to attract and retain players. I imagine Earth Empires is in a similar situation to some extent as Utopia's regarding player attraction and retention.

I think there's an issue with people creating accounts and "randoming" into kds. A lot of these players are returning players (or maybe new to uto) who end up in kds that just have no choice but to RK them due to them not being able to meet those KD standards. I think there should be an option for KDs to pre recruit returning players - like the in game recruitment section. I.E. Have a selection of newb friendly kds open to newbies so when they join they can experience the game first hand vs calls to defect or RK.

20 man kds - this very much needs to happen.
    "Because of the implication"

Thread Information