Thread: Draft Cost Formula

Draft Cost Formula

I'm currently working on figuring out the draft cost formula, particularly due to this little blurb from the guide:

"The way the current draft level modifies draft costs is unknown."

Cost of Soldier Drafting = Current Draft Level * Draft Rate * Armouries Mod * Racial Bonus

What I'd like to ask of people is that they provide their current draft level (not target draft), their draft rate (Aggressive, Emergency, etc.), and the cost per soldier for said draft rate.

Ex:
    - 50%
    - Aggressive
    - 100gc

Veteran
    And arms % and BE? And whether in EoW CF.

Enthusiast
    I think either Rattlehead or Attero came up with something that was close to the Draft cost formula. It was posted either last age or last to last age. Would need to contact them for further information or search their thread history to find it.

I've shared whatever I may have had (its not accurate, at least not across all draft levels) with Crystopher recently...

One thing I did deduce recently is that the 'Current Draft Level' must be relative to MAX population, not Total! You can see your Training page Cost per Soldier change as you build acres and get more pop space, without any change in actual population.

I have been slacking on my data tracking of late.... I've just been more or less razed to the ground though, so I should get a good chance to draft from sub 30% here shortly.

total pop 6628
    max pop 2750
    peon 125
    M+T 5730
    Agg = 450 gc / sold

Quote Originally Posted by RattleHead View Post
    I've shared whatever I may have had (its not accurate, at least not across all draft levels) with Crystopher recently...

One thing I did deduce recently is that the 'Current Draft Level' must be relative to MAX population, not Total! You can see your Training page Cost per Soldier change as you build acres and get more pop space, without any change in actual population.

I have been slacking on my data tracking of late.... I've just been more or less razed to the ground though, so I should get a good chance to draft from sub 30% here shortly.
    I'm a terrible person and completely forgot to look at your spreadsheet...I'm putting that on my To-Do list for this weekend. As for the formula, I'm 90% certain that "Current Draft Level" is referring to your currently drafted military percentage (65%, 68%, etc.). I could be wrong tho, but based on the numbers you provided it could very well be the case (or maybe we're talking about two sides of the same coin).

haha no rush!

I am pretty sure that it must be based on Max Pop, and not current Total, otherwise how could the cost/soldier on training page change without any population change? Another thing which I feel corroborates my idea, and that I think probably tricks people, is that your draft target is also based on MAX population, not current Total. This is only becomes evident when you are overpopulated;

I have been in situation where my target is higher than my current military% and nothing gets drafted, not for lack of GC, and as far as I know there is no draft penalty on overpopulation (Drafting on Emerg while overpopping is my favorite part of playing Orc, and that is how I know GC was not an issue as well).

for example lets say you have 5500 Max population, and you have 5000 military, and 1000 peons+wizards your military page will show 83.3% drafted, but in order to see any soldiers drafted you will have to set it to 91% or higher!

5500*.90=4950 wont draft
    5500*.91=5005 will draft

1.0154*((solds+specs+elites)/maxpop)^2+1.1759*((solds+specs+elites)/maxpop)+0.3633 WHERE the result is greater than 1. Otherwise it just carries through at the base cost for the draft level.

I'm sure it looks more elegant in code form but this seems to be accurate within 1gc across the spectrum.
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

Quote Originally Posted by octobrev View Post
    1.0154*((solds+specs+elites)/maxpop)^2+1.1759*((solds+specs+elites)/maxpop)+0.3633 WHERE the result is greater than 1. Otherwise it just carries through at the base cost for the draft level.

I'm sure it looks more elegant in code form but this seems to be accurate within 1gc across the spectrum.
    Just making sure I've got the notation right, the "^" is referring to an exponent, correct? Also, where does the base draft cost fit into this formula?
    Last edited by Crystopher; 02-06-2017 at 20:26.

Yes, it should be an exponent; it seems to work. Its within 1gc on my 414/soldier right now :P

Although I have data from first tick 4400 soldiers 10000 max pop, and it cost ~90gc/tick actual then, this would only have me at 81gc or so... Perhaps there is some BoA shenanigans?

I'm pretty sure the BOA boosts do not apply to draft.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

It just multiplies right in with everything else! And yeah the ^ is an exponent~
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

Thread Information