Thread: Show number of login times and length of time logged in

Regular

Show number of login times and length of time logged in

My memory may be playing tricks with me, but if I recall correctly you were once told after logging in how many times you'd logged in, and how long you've been logged in for.
    I also recall Bishop saying once (in defense of shortening the EoWCF period) that times and duration logged in drops dramatically during the EoWCF, so I assume that this information is available in some capacity.

If that's the case, would it be possible to display in-game the number of times and length of time logged in?

Actually any sort of aggregate activity number would be useful in a target finder. Even something as basic as what's shown in the recruitment section would be enough.

We definitely used to track this and expose it to players. We are considering providing (small) bonuses to players that log in often but we want to be carefull to not nerf casuals. Why do you want to see login activity. Is it just for your own prov out of curiosity or is there another reason?
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

I'd use login activity for recruitment, kingdom management and target finding.

We still expose a basic activity tracker in the recruitment tool. Someone with 3 bars logs in a lot.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Right. But I'd want to see those bars in a target finder. So I can reach out to provinces I'd like to recruit directly. Or know who's been slacking off in my kingdom.

Forum Fanatic
    we used to use the numbers as a kd reward thing at the end of the age for bragging rights to who was the most active and logged in the most thru out the age,

Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    We definitely used to track this and expose it to players. We are considering providing (small) bonuses to players that log in often but we want to be carefull to not nerf casuals. Why do you want to see login activity. Is it just for your own prov out of curiosity or is there another reason?
    Curiousity mostly. Sometimes bragging rights, if I'm being particularly active.
    But really, just curiousity. I don't really chase statistics, but I like knowing them when they're available.

I think activity bonuses are a separate thing, but are probably worth following up on. In this case though, I really mean it as a personal/unique counter for display purposes, not something anyone else but the province owner could see.

Thread Information