Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Is Munk now part of uto or ?

I like to post
    Quote Originally Posted by 4gz View Post
    Buying a few credits here and there for invites is not the same as running a service like munkbot (the time spent alone working on it greatly outweighs the time spent on the game by those monarchs, and that's not even counting the costs of hosting..etc).
    Also, if I remember correctly the devs help out with free credits/mergers right?

You'll go a lot further with kindness/being respectful than with rage/qq/whining.. and that's not just for utopia but for life as well.

And for your fifa comment.. lol. So do you want the devs to charge everyone 60$/age to play?
    The devs award some free invites if you start your new KD of 5 players, so that you can fill to 13. This age they've been far from helpful. Forced me to down another 80 credits on invites because people messed up the reservations. I asked for some reprieve as it was still EARLY freeze time but I was simply told "bad luck go and pay". Don't be mistaken, my ghetto at this moment contains a grand total of FIFTEEN players who'd be retired if not for me convincing them to come and chill with me.

I'm fine with the devs charging anyone whatever they see fit to charge, then at least we know it's not F2P. Then customers can decide whether they want to pay that amount for an outdated text-based game or not.

I also sincerely doubt whether Munk has spent as much time updating his service the last 3 years compared to how much time I invested in building a solid utopia community of people who enjoy playing together.

Your comment about being nice is just laughable. I've been more than nice during the last few months giving them the benefit of the doubt. I'm not a whiny character IRL (there are plenty of utopians who met me that can attest to that), I'm simply a customer that's complaining and has RIGHT to complain because I feel I'm being conned by a group of dishonest businessmen. Please take a step back and forget about the sentimentality and view this game as a normal service just like any other.

"because people messed up the reservations" lol
    So you want the devs to compensate you for user error.. hah that's laughable right there

That's like asking EA to compensate you for messing up your career mode. Jokes lol
    The devs/Munk and anyone else that's putting time/effort in this game is what's keeping it alive, but instead of being grateful (assuming you truly love utopia) you come on here to ***** and moan..

And yeah it's easy being a keyboard warrior on an online forum cause there's no repercussions. Have a good day.

Its sad to see Bart spewing out so much toxic bull****. :(

I like to post
    Quote Originally Posted by 4gz View Post
    "because people messed up the reservations" lol
    So you want the devs to compensate you for user error.. hah that's laughable right there

That's like asking EA to compensate you for messing up your career mode. Jokes lol
    The devs/Munk and anyone else that's putting time/effort in this game is what's keeping it alive, but instead of being grateful (assuming you truly love utopia) you come on here to ***** and moan..

And yeah it's easy being a keyboard warrior on an online forum cause there's no repercussions. Have a good day.
    Actually microsoft/Xbox did compensate me in such ways. I once mixed up 2 user accounts. Bought FIFA15 on one, installed Xbox Gold on the other. Meant on one account I could play fifa but not online, the other I could go online but not fifa. I called them and they fixed it for me on the spot. Now THAT is customer service. In here you're mocked, ignored for days and then forced to gather tons of evidence to support your claim, and even then it's unsure you'll get your money back. I'm tired of people thinking that the people who run this game are doing us a service. They're simply trying to earn cash while trying to invest as little time as possible into it (hence the absence of any meaningful testing for 3-4 months, then the sudden rush 2-3 days in advance as they force imbalanced **** on us).

If munk wants money for his services, should Mirana then be able to charge people for reading her guide? Should I ask my KD mates to pay me money for me to actively monarch them. Ask for a raise just before important conflict so they're forced to pay or play without a war leader?

Edit: Will be exciting to see which excuse they'll give for banning me.
    Last edited by Bart of Sparta; 10-06-2017 at 19:28.

By 'messed up reservations' you meant didn't actually send one, right?

Munk is free to do what he wants with his service. If you don't like his terms then don't use it.

No more stupid conspiracy posts please. You were banned previously for causing trouble and you seem to be heading right down that path again.

I don't need an excuse to ban you. Posting is a privilege, not a right.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

I like to post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    By 'messed up reservations' you meant didn't actually send one, right?

Munk is free to do what he wants with his service. If you don't like his terms then don't use it.

No more stupid conspiracy posts please. You were banned previously for causing trouble and you seem to be heading right down that path again.

I don't need an excuse to ban you. Posting is a privilege, not a right.
    Oki np! Will start posting positively again! I agree that Munk is free to do what he wants, and I have also just read his terms of service and they are reasonable IMO.

Scribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Bart of Sparta View Post
    Actually microsoft/Xbox did compensate me in such ways. I once mixed up 2 user accounts. Bought FIFA15 on one, installed Xbox Gold on the other. Meant on one account I could play fifa but not online, the other I could go online but not fifa. I called them and they fixed it for me on the spot. Now THAT is customer service. In here you're mocked, ignored for days and then forced to gather tons of evidence to support your claim, and even then it's unsure you'll get your money back. I'm tired of people thinking that the people who run this game are doing us a service. They're simply trying to earn cash while trying to invest as little time as possible into it (hence the absence of any meaningful testing for 3-4 months, then the sudden rush 2-3 days in advance as they force imbalanced **** on us).

If munk wants money for his services, should Mirana then be able to charge people for reading her guide? Should I ask my KD mates to pay me money for me to actively monarch them. Ask for a raise just before important conflict so they're forced to pay or play without a war leader?

Edit: Will be exciting to see which excuse they'll give for banning me.
    not my guide! not even my idea,,I am just helping in a team effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    Its sad to see Bart spewing out so much toxic bull****. :(
    When has Bart ever not been like that?
    Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffT View Post
    To further this -- we are happy to provide a broad solution to these guys, but they either have not been responsive or are not interested. There are some potential liability issues we would have to work through with regards to loading outside javascript, but they could be handled.

We are working with Darkmoore to provide an intel site solution that will be universal and prevent the need for outside java script to be loaded.
    I'm thinking about building an intel storage in to my uto enhancer. Are these javascript tools available for testing already or is it further down the line? If there is a server side implementation (REST API or similar) in place that would also be of interest to me.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by chadde View Post
    I'm thinking about building an intel storage in to my uto enhancer. Are these javascript tools available for testing already or is it further down the line? If there is a server side implementation (REST API or similar) in place that would also be of interest to me.
    Hi chadde,

Please see: http://forums.utopia-game.com/showth...o-custom-sites!

If you have any issues with that (or suggestions on how to improve), let me know.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffT View Post
    Hi chadde,

Please see: http://forums.utopia-game.com/showth...o-custom-sites!

If you have any issues with that (or suggestions on how to improve), let me know.
    Thanks, I've been away and missed that thread. Are there any plans to also send the data as JSON or XML in the future?

Thread Information