Quote Originally Posted by 4gz View Post
Buying a few credits here and there for invites is not the same as running a service like munkbot (the time spent alone working on it greatly outweighs the time spent on the game by those monarchs, and that's not even counting the costs of hosting..etc).
Also, if I remember correctly the devs help out with free credits/mergers right?

You'll go a lot further with kindness/being respectful than with rage/qq/whining.. and that's not just for utopia but for life as well.

And for your fifa comment.. lol. So do you want the devs to charge everyone 60$/age to play?
The devs award some free invites if you start your new KD of 5 players, so that you can fill to 13. This age they've been far from helpful. Forced me to down another 80 credits on invites because people messed up the reservations. I asked for some reprieve as it was still EARLY freeze time but I was simply told "bad luck go and pay". Don't be mistaken, my ghetto at this moment contains a grand total of FIFTEEN players who'd be retired if not for me convincing them to come and chill with me.

I'm fine with the devs charging anyone whatever they see fit to charge, then at least we know it's not F2P. Then customers can decide whether they want to pay that amount for an outdated text-based game or not.

I also sincerely doubt whether Munk has spent as much time updating his service the last 3 years compared to how much time I invested in building a solid utopia community of people who enjoy playing together.

Your comment about being nice is just laughable. I've been more than nice during the last few months giving them the benefit of the doubt. I'm not a whiny character IRL (there are plenty of utopians who met me that can attest to that), I'm simply a customer that's complaining and has RIGHT to complain because I feel I'm being conned by a group of dishonest businessmen. Please take a step back and forget about the sentimentality and view this game as a normal service just like any other.