Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 101

Thread: Is Munk now part of uto or ?

  1. #76
    I like to post
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Utopia
    Posts
    3,932
    It just pisses me off that we had this entire talk here, then me even apologizing to Munk, then him shutting it down mere hours before our war starts, which he possibly knew as Jeff/DavidC might be sharing in-game intel with him to time this stuff so he can suck out even more money. Now one of my guys went against my express orders not to donate and did it anyways. This is simple extortion and it makes me sick. I will see a ton of people leaving this game sooner or later if this group of leeches keeps preying on our dreams of youth to suck penny's out of our pockets. Disgusted really.

  2. #77
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    693
    I'm curious, how long was it that you hadn't donated?

  3. #78
    Dear Friend Korp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,292
    Quote Originally Posted by Bart of Sparta View Post
    It just pisses me off that we had this entire talk here, then me even apologizing to Munk, then him shutting it down mere hours before our war starts, which he possibly knew as Jeff/DavidC might be sharing in-game intel with him to time this stuff so he can suck out even more money. Now one of my guys went against my express orders not to donate and did it anyways. This is simple extortion and it makes me sick. I will see a ton of people leaving this game sooner or later if this group of leeches keeps preying on our dreams of youth to suck penny's out of our pockets. Disgusted really.
    Well you know you could have done it like an adult person and discussed it with munk. But no you had to create a drama thread bashing munk that spends his free time making tools for the benefit of the community. There is no need to donate but munk doesnt have to put with your **** either.

  4. #79
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    328
    You give Bart exactly what he is looking for Korp.. Job well done..

  5. #80
    Dear Friend Korp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,292
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkmoore View Post
    You give Bart exactly what he is looking for Korp.. Job well done..
    Captain Obvious strikes!

  6. #81
    I like to post
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Utopia
    Posts
    3,932
    Quote Originally Posted by Swagger View Post
    I'm curious, how long was it that you hadn't donated?
    2 weeks.

    Basically been a paying customer of munk's with Ancient Spartans for a year or more. I asked for another Munk site because my ghetto had no intel site yet. But hey, new site new start huh!?

  7. #82
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    693
    Interesting. My hipmunks Munk group has been vacant for like six months and still has full functionality. Guess he just doesn't like you.

  8. #83
    Post Fiend
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    171
    Quote Originally Posted by Bart of Sparta View Post
    2 weeks.

    Basically been a paying customer of munk's with Ancient Spartans for a year or more. I asked for another Munk site because my ghetto had no intel site yet. But hey, new site new start huh!?
    iirc munk gives a free trial of 2 weeks or so when you first set up. if you have never donated via that portal then its likely its your free trial expiring.

    munk is also really cool about it if you just contact him. when we first set up munkbot way back when, my steward accidentally donated to tampermonkey instead of munk and munk extended our 2 week trial for another 2 weeks anyway when I talked to him about it. im sure you can sort this out.

    edit:

    also... paying customer for more than a year? i thought you/Spartans don't use bots :P

  9. #84
    Dear Friend Korp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,292
    Quote Originally Posted by Swagger View Post
    Interesting. My hipmunks Munk group has been vacant for like six months and still has full functionality. Guess he just doesn't like you.
    Well are you surprised when Bart comes here creates a thread flames munk and then proceeds to yet again be obnoxious. Even munk has a tolerance level. :P



    Quote Originally Posted by Selephant View Post
    iirc munk gives a free trial of 2 weeks or so when you first set up. if you have never donated via that portal then its likely its your free trial expiring.

    munk is also really cool about it if you just contact him. when we first set up munkbot way back when, my steward accidentally donated to tampermonkey instead of munk and munk extended our 2 week trial for another 2 weeks anyway when I talked to him about it. im sure you can sort this out.

    edit:

    also... paying customer for more than a year? i thought you/Spartans don't use bots :P
    There is some functions that munk will charge for but the basic munkbot is free of charge and you dont have to donate if you dont want to but if you like the service you might want to!

  10. #85
    Post Fiend
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    171
    Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    Well are you surprised when Bart comes here creates a thread flames munk and then proceeds to yet again be obnoxious. Even munk has a tolerance level. :P





    There is some functions that munk will charge for but the basic munkbot is free of charge and you dont have to donate if you dont want to but if you like the service you might want to!
    yep i meant for full functionality. when you first get it you have full functionality for a couple weeks without donating (2 weeks iirc) then if you like it, donate to maintain full functionality. what happened with us was that the first time we donated, we donated to tampermonkey instead of to munk. i got in contact with munk and he extended our free trial for another 2 weeks but i made a donation shortly after anyway. i was just saying that in my experience munk is receptive if you talk to him about the situation.

  11. #86
    I like to post
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Utopia
    Posts
    3,932
    What happened with us was that any functionality was removed until we paid. So yea that is very very annoying, especially since the owners of this game claim it's F2P yet take a guy into their team that seemingly tricks people into depending on his service and then goes forth and forces them to charge for it by removing it just before a conflict. How long before this transfers to real uto and the devs are gonna increase/decrease OOPSES based on which KD buys more credits?

  12. #87
    Dear Friend Korp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,292
    Quote Originally Posted by Bart of Sparta View Post
    What happened with us was that any functionality was removed until we paid. So yea that is very very annoying, especially since the owners of this game claim it's F2P yet take a guy into their team that seemingly tricks people into depending on his service and then goes forth and forces them to charge for it by removing it just before a conflict. How long before this transfers to real uto and the devs are gonna increase/decrease OOPSES based on which KD buys more credits?
    You dont have to use munk, sure a talented monarch and leader such as yourself can lead a ghetto war without having the need of using munk or any other tools? This is classic Bart he doesnt learn the lesson unless he gets a good beating. Same thing when he was permbanned, he got banned but did stop at that? No he needed to create new accounts to ban evade until he got permabanned. It took a year before he learnt his lesson. :(

  13. #88
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    16
    Hey, running munkbot takes time/money/resources and munk's doing it for free - for the greater good of the community. Asking for donations to help offset the time/money he puts in is not the same as asking you to subscribe for the services. So be thankful for all his hard work.

    However, if you're going to keep raging/qq like a little girl, then why don't you go make your own? Seriously the nerve on some people is just unreal..

    Munk: Thank you for everything you do! And I hope you keep it up!

  14. #89
    I like to post
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Utopia
    Posts
    3,932
    Quote Originally Posted by 4gz View Post
    Hey, running munkbot takes time/money/resources and munk's doing it for free - for the greater good of the community. Asking for donations to help offset the time/money he puts in is not the same as asking you to subscribe for the services. So be thankful for all his hard work.

    However, if you're going to keep raging/qq like a little girl, then why don't you go make your own? Seriously the nerve on some people is just unreal..

    Munk: Thank you for everything you do! And I hope you keep it up!
    This entire threat revolves about the "it's not so free" aspects of it. If I give a little girl a few lines of coke for "free" and then charge her or withhold after she's dependent on it, that's not free. The only ones truly working for this game for "free" is the monarchs who keep the people playing. In fact most of these monarch make significant losses on this game due to all the credits they're buying. I would have 0 problems with this if Munk was "simply" a third party tool unconnected to the game. Thing is, it IS officially connected to the game now, and cheating people out of their money is not something we want to see in a F2P game, especially on in which I invested significant amounts of cash over the last 2-3 years (more so than say buying FIFA15, FIFA16 and FIFA17 combined, which are games that take tens of millions of dollars to produce).

  15. #90
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    16
    Buying a few credits here and there for invites is not the same as running a service like munkbot (the time spent alone working on it greatly outweighs the time spent on the game by those monarchs, and that's not even counting the costs of hosting..etc).
    Also, if I remember correctly the devs help out with free credits/mergers right?

    You'll go a lot further with kindness/being respectful than with rage/qq/whining.. and that's not just for utopia but for life as well.

    And for your fifa comment.. lol. So do you want the devs to charge everyone 60$/age to play?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •