Thread: Paladin self spells on low guild %

Forum Addict

Paladin self spells on low guild %

I know you guys swear up and down that WPA determines spell success on Support spells, but I have been failing consistently with 2.5 mod WPA on Humans with under 1 mod WPA who are almost identical in size and NW, but the only anomaly is that they have a single digit % of Guilds. I succeed comfortably on provinces in similar situations who have double digit Guild %.

You sure there's absolutely no way that Guild% is impacting Support spell success?

You're saying you succeed more spells on provs with more guilds?

Forum Addict
    Definitely the trend I am noticing, but more so I succeed much less on provinces with single digit Guild% when I have a much better WPA and by that number should be succeeding more. It's like those times when your own Guild% is so low that you can't get off the simplest of spells. Wondering if there's a connection.

Success is based on WPA, duration is on guilds. I asked the Dev to check.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Post Demon
    "duration is on guilds" is unclear now for Pali spells. Who's guild % is being checked for duration? I just cast (after a few fails) two 12 day GPs while having nearly 40% guilds - I don't know if I ever remember seeing that duration so low.

What is the minimum duration on GP with 20%+ guilds? If it is greater than 12 hours, duration must be based on target guild%, intended or not. (Might not be a bug, but not what I expected at least.)

Also, failed multiple times trying to cast GP on these 3 orcs (over 50% fails). My WPA is only 1.75 (raw, but not buffed much by sci yet), so I'm not shocked - but I am a bit surprised. Though I know that isn't enough to act on (from me, for that part), I'm not yet sold success is working right either. Shouldn't GP have a low required WPA ratio for good success? (Or are all self spells the same WPA ratio? We've never had a way to care before, so I don't know.)
    it's vs. its is ambiguous - from now on I'm attempting to use the proper possessive it's, and the contraction 'tis. (Its will just be the plural.)

Think Different

Enthusiast
    From what I have seen so far, the duration of spells depends on the guild % of the target upon whom the Paladin is casting the spell. Regarding the fail rates, my guess is that it is also tied to the guild % of the target. Much like you would fail a lot of spells if you had very low guild %, I think the same applies to when Paladins are casting spells on you.

Both caster and target are taken into account. If either is low you will tank the duration.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Thread Information