Thread: New target finder, Excelent, Great, Good.

Post Demon

New target finder, Excelent, Great, Good.

So I just clicked out of curiosity as something was changed recently in the ingame target finder.

First it looks like the exclude war is finally ticked by default, great job there.

We can also select from a small number of ranges, but I think it could be a further improvement to have an option to remove range filter altogether or look up by land only.

The thing I'm worried about is the colum that state gains, so far toying with the filters, even removing the tic for war gives me the words Excelent, Great and Good for any hits, it might be because I'm in an unusually small kingdom that I did not see Decent and Poor or whatever the verbatism would be for worse gains, but it worries me that this collum might trick some people into blindly following the verbatism and hit provinces in fortified kingdoms or kingdoms in war with the word Excelent under gains or that it will lead some people to disregard GB protection and GS because the verbatism was Excelent for that province. It also worries me even more that this feature might goat a lot of people towards hitting certain types of provinces or kingdoms more than they otherwise would, which could give an unfair advantage to others as they are less likely to get the word Excelent after their province whenever they turn up in the targetfinder.

I know gains listed as excelent are most likely relatively to my own land/nw/kdnw but I'm still at a loss why this is even needed in the first place, we should educate people to a better understanding of the mechanics rather than tell them that province x who has been hit 5 times today because he is a new player still struggeling to build his province will give excelent gains.

Postaholic
    Guess I'll ask here as it's the only thread discussing the target finder change. Does it auto filter out kds that you are CFed with? If not, would be nice if it did!

Might also help to show war meter there (although I think that's a premium feature?) so you know if your hit will give relations without visiting their kd/your kd news page.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Swagger View Post
    Guess I'll ask here as it's the only thread discussing the target finder change. Does it auto filter out kds that you are CFed with? If not, would be nice if it did!

Might also help to show war meter there (although I think that's a premium feature?) so you know if your hit will give relations without visiting their kd/your kd news page.
    Yes, it auto filters out CFs.

I like the idea of having meter points here for KDs that have the meter available! That is a great idea.

@ OP
    There is a disclaimer right on the Gains section. **
    **Estimated gains is solely based on province Land and Networth, as well as Full Stance and Kingdom Networth.
    Does there need to be more information?

It seems like you are suggesting that we take information out of the target finder (removing gains estimate) but at the same time asking us to further educate players (not sure how this can practically be accomplished) people so they don't need the information we're giving?

The target finder is displaying in targets that would yield the best gains for the person that is performing the search within the parameters that are chosen. I'm a little confused what you're actually asking.

To touch on something else you mentioned, I don't see the provocation to hit some kds more than would otherwise occur. All provinces have the stats that are being put into the parameter search, the target finder doesn't do anything 'random'. There is no 'chance' to be in the target finder, there is no luck involved. You are either in range and provide good gains to the person searching, or you don't. There is no magic way to not show up in the target finder. Does this provide any clarity? I hope I understood what you were trying to convey.
    Please e-mail Utopia Support for any in-game related issues at UtopiaSupport@Utopia-Game.com

Account Deleted or Inactive? Click here!

Utopia Facebook Page <== Like us on Facebook and join the conversation!
    Follow us on Twitter @UtopiaClassic

Come join the MUGA Community on Discord: https://discord.gg/NZ4KywF

Administrator
    One thing we thought about adding to the targetfinder was color coding KDNW based on what it was relative to your own KDNW. We were worried about green/yellow/red encouraging bottomfeeding though. Could maybe do it with another set of colors -- but we do want to avoid making the calculator too complex.

Post Demon
    well I just want an honest discussion about this maybe I'm the only one with these concerns. Also you know that some people will come asking why my gains sucked on that and that province when they got listed as excelent.

Currently educating people one at a time whenever they come knocking, I guess my tuton fee these days are arrond 50-100 acres or 1 scientist depending on the attack type. If you have KDNW as a factor my kingdom with 4 people will be listed as poor gains based on this except for the few people that is in similair sized kingdoms, thus you are pushing people to hit upwards at all time if that factor is calculated in the estimated gains.

I must confess I did not see the disclaimer before you pointed it out, others might miss this too.

Postaholic
    Maybe just rename the category as "Expected Gains" and keep the **

But you're right, we need an honest discussion about this. I'm tired of the deceit and lies plaguing this topic!

Scribe
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffT View Post
    One thing we thought about adding to the targetfinder was color coding KDNW based on what it was relative to your own KDNW. We were worried about green/yellow/red encouraging bottomfeeding though. Could maybe do it with another set of colors -- but we do want to avoid making the calculator too complex.
    I like the colour coding idea though agree it shouldn't be a 'biased' colour scheme if possible. That said, personally I would like to see some more player selectable options to filter out KDs based on certain criteria. There's already an option to filter out KDs in war and to search by stance. So would it be possible to add, for example, checkboxes to filter out KDs more than 10% (arbitrary, could be any amount deemed suitable really) bigger in RKDNW, KDs with 3-4 points already on meter, KDs with 13-14 points on meter, etc. Just thinking about my dream ingame TF to avoid headaches :P

Post Fiend
    Color scheme could stand for KD Net % (up AND down) instead of linear higher/lower net...
    So that the targetfinder will spit out provinces in range or your prov.
    The color coding of that prov could indicate relative kd net %...
    Such that:
    green would mean that prov KD is with ~12% of your KD net
    yellow within ~12-25% of your KD net (War range)
    red could mean that thier KD net is > and/or < 25% your KD net

To add on to the meter idea...
    if said KD has relations metyer and it gets incorporated to target finder (I was thinking war room on attack)...
    Could the numerical relations be shown somewhere AND how many point would get added to it (Maybe after you select type of attack or include it when selecting type of attack.)
    Last edited by BoBDuDe; 10-06-2017 at 04:48.

Thread Information