Thread: Awesome job!!

Awesome job!!

Hey devs, you guys are doing awesome! Thank you for all the hard work and wonderful accomplishments!

I especially like the personal explore pool. Wow, you really figured out a good way to make it work! I'm very thankful for your hard work. :)

My sarcasm detector is hitting overload.

He be trollin....he hatin.... tryin to catch em ridin nerdy! :-p
    “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
    - unknown

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    My sarcasm detector is hitting overload.
    no was this is sarcasm. Its sincere!
    My former contribution to a kingdom known by many names
    [ Palindromes - Stuck inside my head - Dinner is Served - Doom & Bloom Seed Co. - Foxtonomy - First Impressions ]

=^..^= SPGC !! =^..^=
    It is I the Three Musketeers, Alpacahontas, Appetitical ManiaC, Twerk it Harder Make it Better

"\*.Pyromaniacs.*/"

Needs to get out more
    It's not the mechanics, it's the choices of the communiteh.

First is the lack of a Peoples Alliance With Offense. What's wrong with you people? You see dwarf glut and you know what constipation is. The wall of bordom shouldn't be the determining factor that keeps kingdoms in limbo. They'd probably even appreciate a little guerilla raiding.

That you CF.

That you can't gather your forces for the humble work of making it great again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Veteran
    Actually Smerc is a lot of things, but if you have to choose between "asshole sarcasm" and "weird sugary praise" I'd go with the latter every time.

Needs to get out more
    Agreed, but that's why he's cool. He drives me nuts in kingdom, but I'd always help if he was in a pinch. A willingness to lead is a virtue I respect.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Andurilas View Post
    Actually Smerc is a lot of things, but if you have to choose between "asshole sarcasm" and "weird sugary praise" I'd go with the latter every time.
    I don't think I've seen any of the former. In the rare case where he wants to act like an asshole, he's actually pretty straightforward about it lol

Post Fiend
    Imo the changes are great for the 99% of utopian community and terrible for the growth guys and since the growth guys spam the forums likes its their bible... only their voice is heard. I love the new direction.

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by RollinHammer View Post
    Imo the changes are great for the 99% of utopian community and terrible for the growth guys and since the growth guys spam the forums likes its their bible... only their voice is heard. I love the new direction.
    Maybe I'm weird.

Growth kds are bigger now than at similar points in previous ages.

More kds have a viable path to crown in yr4 than have in probably 15-20 ages.

Not seeing why these changes are bad for growing?

Quote Originally Posted by RollinHammer View Post
    They are not. They're good if you like to turtle and be inactive. For any active kd they are boredum itself.
    "Because of the implication"

Needs to get out more
    There aren't any aggressive barbarians, but that's a player base dilemma.

I've been playing non-aggressive for about 10 ages, but use to be part of the raiding kingdoms. I suppose now guys consider themselves FSU kingdoms, but I find that inaccurate since the known ones do formal diplo.

The fact is, in limited confrontation, there's plenty of fuel for high offense assaulting. Most of these kingdoms are looking at the overall efficiency, but the midpack will experience incredible gridlock. And I realize those efficiency hounds would laugh at the notion, but my impression is they aren't having fun.

You have to expect more from yourself. You have to be confident in running an inferior build and up your skill. You don't have to throw an entire kingdom down the drain, just have a few breakers. I've been the one and only avian tac in kingdom, and everyone said I'd get crushed for whatever reason. That never happened. Not because it was easy but because I knew what I was getting into.

Edit: I will mention one thing I warned about last age to the devs. It's so simple that many will scoff that more complicated math goes into yada, yada. It's that the dwarf has an elite military total of 17(8,9): the highest of all elites.

Sure there's additional complicated reasons, but having a turtle break at that level causes the levy effect I illustrated in my virtual kingdom. The fast free build and op/sabotage peripherals round out an obvious package.

Now I understand this may've been done for deeper reasons, but the community seems listless in solving mechanical riddles. Yes nw, yes synergy and meta, but having an elite that can win the back-and-forth through attrition was the no-brainer.
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 25-06-2017 at 04:54.
    ________
    Weed bowls

Thread Information