Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tax for declining war offer. Help?

Post Fiend

Tax for declining war offer. Help?

Heyo,

I run a normal warring KD, ended up biggish but not close to whoring KDs (30k acres) after a couple of WWs. Get asked for war by a bigger KD with 3 more provs. We decline, they say that'll be 5k acres. That's over 15% of our land.

Is this normal for big sized non-whoring KDs to just bully other KDs for land? I've read a lot about this occurring in the whoring tier but first time encountering it. I've offered them less land, will see what they say. Otherwise will likely just retal them and have a terrible time for a couple of weeks. .

If anyone wants to help out would be much appreciated, PM me if interested.

It is obnoxious, but if it were me and I am running a warring kingdom, I would give em the 5K acres and stipulate leaving TM's and highest honor provinces alone.

Just my 2 cents.

Getting smaller helps find wars (generally) and you have LOTS of targets to random back that land anyway.
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

I like to post
    Quote Originally Posted by abu View Post
    Heyo,

I run a normal warring KD, ended up biggish but not close to whoring KDs (30k acres) after a couple of WWs. Get asked for war by a bigger KD with 3 more provs. We decline, they say that'll be 5k acres. That's over 15% of our land.

Is this normal for big sized non-whoring KDs to just bully other KDs for land? I've read a lot about this occurring in the whoring tier but first time encountering it. I've offered them less land, will see what they say. Otherwise will likely just retal them and have a terrible time for a couple of weeks. .

If anyone wants to help out would be much appreciated, PM me if interested.
    You could decline and simply prepare for their wave, keep retalling while not maxing the meter (you could retal and only hit their TMs for instance). Due to new exploration system it's way harder for small TMs to catch up as they're limited to private pool.

You could decline and threaten to raze into their future wars if they wave you. Really quite a lot of options at your disposal, the success of which depends on how good you are and whether the ones you're facing think you'll make good on your promises.

A third possible option is to ask a friendly KD bigger than the KD that'll wave you to wave that KD as soon as they wave you. You play the meter and cover ops while they get hit down by your friends. Then you declare once you can beat them.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    3 things

1. Just remember that most leaders at the top are usually reasonable. You have objectives and so do they. A lot of times that leaders that run into this kind of thing for the first time tend to fly off the handle for some reason. Be cool with them and they'll be cool with you.

2. You need to understand that you have very little, to no leverage to negotiate with. By the sounds of it, you don't stand much chance in a war and regal wars mostly just delay any farming, not stop it.

3. Figure out what you want to do and go with the option that lets you do that. If all you really want to do is war, then you really should do what you can to avoid getting into a big conflict with a kingdom that you have no intention of warring. If what you want to do is defend your kingdom, then prepare for a long, committed conflict that probably won't get you any wars in the near future
    Last edited by Palem; 22-06-2017 at 14:54.

Scribe
    orrrr...
    you start hostilities, invite 3 more provinces and take them to the cleaners

to explain...if they demand acres, they don't know where else to get them. If they are a warring kingdom and don't know how to get acres they aren't that great at warring.
    Before you do this, make sure you know who you are dealing with though ;)
    Last edited by Goodwitch; 22-06-2017 at 14:53.

Post Fiend
    Just war them. They r prolly noobs

I like to post
    Quote Originally Posted by sUpeRneBU View Post
    Just war them. They r prolly noobs
    More Onn's Inn 4 u bru. Go get me sum.

Regular
    just war.. they sound like noobs.. for top prize I will send the winning monarch a d-pic

Rofl at the people sayin "just war them" as they are probably provinces in the kingdom and want an easy farm.
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    3 things

1. Just remember that most leaders at the top are usually reasonable. You have objectives and so do they. A lot of times that leaders that run into this kind of thing for the first time tend to fly off the handle for some reason. Be cool with them and they'll be cool with you.

2. You need to understand that you have very little, to no leverage to negotiate with. By the sounds of it, you don't stand much chance in a war and regal wars mostly just delay any farming, not stop it.

3. Figure out what you want to do and go with the option that lets you do that. If all you really want to do is war, then you really should do what you can to avoid getting into a big conflict with a kingdom that you have no intention of warring. If what you want to do is defend your kingdom, then prepare for a long, committed conflict that probably won't get you any wars in the near future
    This.....if you didnt want to be big then dont worry, tell em 15% of our land is gonna take forever how about we all suicide out and u do a land grabs for a single wave then just move on....if u get more than 5k land congrats, if not its 1 wave and we both dont have to waste days. Setup a date then have your whole kd random out for science (hopefully with some univercities in) and let them 2-3 tap everyone for land.

Otherwise yoru gonna be stuck in along fight u dont want and that just sux

Quote Originally Posted by Persain View Post
    if you didnt want to be big then dont worry, tell em 15% of our land is gonna take forever how about we all suicide out and u do a land grabs for a single wave then just move on....if u get more than 5k land congrats, if not its 1 wave and we both dont have to waste days. Setup a date then have your whole kd random out for science (hopefully with some univercities in) and let them 2-3 tap everyone for land.

This is the path that I would take. Taking a designated amount of land can be difficult. Tell them to just take 1 wave, after you send out all your elites on attackers. They'll do 1 big wave, trim down all of your provinces since GBP will have them spreading all their hits around. They might take more land, and they might take less land. That's the risk that both of you are under.

Besides that, it sounds like you're at 22 provinces, so you don't want the land anyway. There's more war targets at lower land for you to war; ones on even terms with you.
    Quote Originally Posted by vines View Post
    100 is the same 1. And 1/92 just means .92.

| Blade of Dragons Mate | Mythos | S 1 3 3 7 Y | Desolated Mythos | Pandas | Barcoloco |

Scribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheister View Post
    Rofl at the people sayin "just war them" as they are probably provinces in the kingdom and want an easy farm.
    definitely not us...but I find it way funnier that all the people that usually scream "grow", "land drops are bad", etc now all of a sudden are saying"oh just give them the land it'll be alright".

Not sure if anyone read that, but he did say their opponent is a warring not a whoring kingdom. But that's important information.

Quote Originally Posted by Goodwitch View Post
    definitely not us...but I find it way funnier that all the people that usually scream "grow", "land drops are bad", etc now all of a sudden are saying"oh just give them the land it'll be alright".

Not sure if anyone read that, but he did say their opponent is a warring not a whoring kingdom. But that's important information.
    Actually, to me the important information is that the OP's kingdom wants to war. So who cares about the land.

Personally, I have never faulted war kingdoms for dropping land to avoid the top. When I led, that is precisely what I did until I had long-term CF's in place. It just stops all the annoyance.

The people who don't like land dropping are those in the top who want to encourage more people getting larger than they are ready to compete at. They then hope that the accidental large KD gains an appetite for learning and/or revenge lust to compete up top. It does happen now and then, but it takes a lot to keep a crew together through the beatings you take early on up top.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Goodwitch View Post

I want good kingdoms competing against other good kingdoms. I find the idea of a kingdom like Freeakstyle to be sitting on 22 provinces and low acres trying to farm bad kingdoms for war wins when they can actually compete with good kingdoms to be just plain lame.

I don't know this kingdom. They could very well be good enough to compete with top competition. That being said, with the way the monarch talks, that doesn't seem to be the case.

The point of encouraging kingdoms to grow and compete isn't to force lesser kingdoms situations that are just not fun for them. The point is to make the game a fun and fair environment for everyone.

Needs to get out more
    Just don't suicide us, because we would retal the kingdom wanting your acres.( I'm all into where the pipes go )

And Sheister and others are making sense. No need for bad blood. It should be equitable for you: when you diplo.
    Gold, abducts, etc should be offered in exchange for acres. If not then you become a pain in the ass, but a polite pain in the ass.

Edit: I've explained to several casual war kingdoms the value of land dropping if they take the initiative and offer acres to a top kingdom. The queen of ONE of the war kingdom I explained this to later told me how polite and helpful the top kingdom was.( communication is gold )

Now the problem with suiciding out to let one kingdom take your acres is you might upset several other kingdoms in the process. Being a sophisticated knucklehead I don't blame you for trying to keep the game fun for your guys. Most will.

I'm one of those guys that values my spirit over keeping resources...but I do value the player base. This is why me and the few among my kingdom would attack your aggressor, and not your kingdom.
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 22-06-2017 at 20:01.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Thread Information