Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Whats this crap

Quote Originally Posted by Persain View Post
    discord is a p2p instead of host based. It lags the !@#$ outa people with rural internet and sounds like garbage when using voice and having 3-4 people talking at once.
    Oh, works like a charm for me, use it when i RL in WoW.
    Played in Freeakstyle from 2009 to age 72 (2017) <3 - 7honor 1war crown | On a break

Needs to get out more
    I'm hoping something like irc is in the works. I don't frequent irc because none of the kingdoms I generally play in believe in communication. Still, I like to visit on occasion because there's always a chance to experience some comedy gold. It's one thing to see Bishop here or in kingdom, but quite another to witness his irc mastery.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by texn View Post
    Oh, works like a charm for me, use it when i RL in WoW.
    Sweden internet=/=have the same issues as the Americas and boonies of asia. I've used it too but its no way viable as a replacement for irc. Slack is a bit closer, but you have to register.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    I live in the middle of no where and have no complaints about lag. It's noticeable at times, but definitely nothing that would stop my recommendation.

I haven't used the voice chat enough to comment on that.

I like to post

Nuf said.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Bart of Sparta View Post

Nuf said.
    I agree with you, but I think we've reached different conclusions

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    I live in the middle of no where and have no complaints about lag. It's noticeable at times, but definitely nothing that would stop my recommendation.

I haven't used the voice chat enough to comment on that.
    its unusable if you have 8-9 people in the same room playing a game like Ark thats not fully optimized. i literally go from 30 fps to 2 fps when people start talking because im geting 8-9 streams of voice sent to me. In contrast the teamspeak server one of my player hosts can have 20+ in 1 room 0 lag, perfect sound quality. I cant imagine how bad discord would get if we had 75-100 people like #tactics has had

Post Demon
    It is not like there is a lack of means to communicate if you really wanted, I catch my brother in WoW chat all the time cheaper than texting.

If you are going to discuss diplomacy with me find me in front of the northernmost flightmaster in Westfall and beat me in a pet battle or duel first.

Post Fiend
    you dont have to use the voice chat option when in a full server..i was speaking moreso for..say..kd chats. when i use it for lawbreakers...we get sometimes 100 ppl in gen chat..it gets chaotic to try and listen to..but i never had lag issues. but thats just me. as for p2p..never made my own channel on there..so no clue if you had to pay or just make one. i just idle in the chats for the games i play with and use the groups to voice chat with my team when i play diff games. was only tossing out options. i know there are lots of other things out there lol.
    Who shot who in the what now?

P2p peer to peer afaik. Discord is good for kingdom chat I would say nothing more.

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    P2p peer to peer afaik. Discord is good for kingdom chat I would say nothing more.
    Can't the techies come up with a unified and integrated solution. Dream world: game integrated kd AND server chats, with full privacy (could have one moderated server-wide Chan I guess).

Slack and irc can communicate with each other using bots, possible to get bots into in-game chat and integrate it all somehow perhaps? Leaves kingdoms and players able to communicate across preferred platforms, while still opening up communications for those who prefer to use in-game functions only.
    RoughKnecS

--> Want art? <--
    --> Or see Tadpole banners? <--

The industrys greats

** Cerberus ** Killah ** Shadowheart **

Slack can communicate with irc irc can't communicate with slack.

I just like to see Utonet still open. Patrick hasn't made any announcements yet though he promised. Though I don't wanna see the server in the hands of ZAWK I guess it's better than nothing.

Regular
    What's a good way to access the broader Utopia community these days?

Veteran
    I smell play to win features being implemented
    Long live Mehul!

Scribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Hapolian View Post
    What's a good way to access the broader Utopia community these days?
    for now still irc on utonet server #tactics and this forum

Thread Information