Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WW points currently

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Fiend

WW points currently

The number one war win KD has "Wars Won / Concluded Wars / War Score 2 / 2 / 5.0 Average Opponent Relative Size 95%"
    The number two war win KD has "Wars Won / Concluded Wars / War Score 2 / 2 / 4.87 Average Opponent Relative Size 103%"

I could be wrong, but I'm assuming that for both KDs, the first war win was against a KD with no war wins and the second war win was against a KD with one war win. I know that average opponent relative size influences war win points and the number of wins the other KD has does too. Why does the number one spot have more points if their opponent relative size is %95 against the number two spot's 103%?

I suppose the most logical answer is that the number one KD warred 2 kingdoms who each had a war win, but it seems too early in the age to fit that in.

The higher the kds are charted going into the war, the higher the WW points afaik
    Snakes
    PewPEW
    Divinity
    Emeriti

Non of my nubs speak for my KD

Scribe
    I would say worst change ever, but there are so many changes that could compete it's hard to single just one out.
    Giving war win points by nw or acre charts is just the next blow (after the honor changes) to the warring tier.
    Really doesn't matter though cause charts don't reflect anything really except for who can cheat the best, may as well add the war win chart to that list as well.
    Have fun with it. Now the top cheating whores wont have to cry cause they couldnt muster up enough wars to rank. one war will count as much as 3 competitive wars in the warring tier , giving them the needed points.

Quote Originally Posted by Goodwitch View Post
    I would say worst change ever, but there are so many changes that could compete it's hard to single just one out.
    Giving war win points by nw or acre charts is just the next blow (after the honor changes) to the warring tier.
    Really doesn't matter though cause charts don't reflect anything really except for who can cheat the best, may as well add the war win chart to that list as well.
    Have fun with it. Now the top cheating whores wont have to cry cause they couldnt muster up enough wars to rank. one war will count as much as 3 competitive wars in the warring tier , giving them the needed points.
    The salt in your tears is delicious

Enthusiast
    Completely not true, my kingdom is a warring kingdom but hangs around thd top 10 and with the new changes would have won the ww crown easily in ages past. Just to have kingdoms like COL who remain small and avoid the better kingdoms edge us out. Seems like good changes to me, now if only they would just make it a tournament style format. ;)

Director of Age Changes
    Start growing.
    Discord: Hex | IRC: Hextor / Avenger

Points also granted for honour and ww chart.

Less outrageous ranting please.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Scribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Points also granted for honour and ww chart.

Less outrageous ranting please.
    well I have learned that the only way to get an answers at all is by being loud and obnoxious. Apparently I wasn't even outrageous enough since I only got a half answer.

figuring out gains mechanic, new spells, new ritual mechanic and science is all good and well but when it comes to charting the information how charts are computed should be available.

And while it is great to know that honor and war win chart figure into the equation I still think that the direct comparison of size is far more relevant to a competitive war.

Until now Palem's overall chart was exactly that. A chart where well rounded kingdoms would shine, the ones that do it all. The honor change(which is changed back at least a bit which I am thankful for) already changed that some. I fear this will further inspire kingdoms to use patterns and behaviors that do not make the game fun for everyone.

p.s. for all the usual trolls, this isn't about me. This is a building age for us as we took on a bunch of new players, we won't be charting anyway. It's about the game.

I like to post
    well I have learned that the only way to get an answers at all is by being loud and obnoxious. Apparently I wasn't even outrageous enough since I only got a half answer.
    Absurd. Who taught you such a thing?

Did you read the age changes post? It's in there.

WW Chart Chains - In order to incentivize conflict between top WW kingdoms, we have altered the formula to provide additional WW points (scaling from the current if the kingdom you war is outside of the top 50 for land, honor, NW, and warwins) to double the current points.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Did you read the age changes post? It's in there.

WW Chart Chains - In order to incentivize conflict between top WW kingdoms, we have altered the formula to provide additional WW points (scaling from the current if the kingdom you war is outside of the top 50 for land, honor, NW, and warwins) to double the current points.
    Bart's gif should have been in response to this post.

And while it is great to know that honor and war win chart figure into the equation I still think that the direct comparison of size is far more relevant to a competitive war.
    What seems to indicate to you that direct comparison of size isn't being factored in? In some manner it must be, since I assume higher charted KDs receive fewer points from lower chartered KDs and vise versa. And while it isn't stated stated I imagine that rkdnw is still considered.

But what is this thing about 'competitive war[s]'? What makes a war between two kingdoms ranked 60th and 56th more competitive or worth more points in a global chart than the war between the #1 and #2 kingdoms? The simple fact that the WW chart is a server-wide measure of performance means that it should be winnable by the best kingdoms on the server, not by ghetto trash. WW chart = old honor chart with honor becoming slightly more legitimate the last few ages (this age remains to be seen). And by that I mean, the WW chart is a worthless measure of who can better manipulate their size & get easy wars.

Allowing the Honor and WW charts to be winnable by top kingdoms while they pursue land/nw crown is the best possible route for charts to take, since it encourages small kingdoms to improve instead of rewarding them for mediocrity.

Ah the "They are better than me so they must be cheating" argument.

Scribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    Ah the "They are better than me so they must be cheating" argument.
    I am confused, a bit ago you were stating we need more security because of rampant cheating... but yea, you are probably right as always :) none of the top nw/acre kingdoms use creative ways of, let's call it circumvent the rules, ever

I am confused, a bit ago you were stating we need more security because of rampant cheating... but yea, you are probably right as always :) none of the top nw/acre kingdoms use creative ways of, let's call it circumvent the rules, ever
    No, I never argued for more security I argued that the IP was enough and shouldn't be removed. Would you refrain from making up stuff please? I realize that its hard for you consider most of your posts are half truths at best.

Then report them get them deleted would be perfect wouldnt it? Oh right you have no proof just assumptions right.

Also i didn't say I was right or wrong just expressing an opinion.

I think Binar is talking about the higher in the WAR WIN chart, the more points a win against them gives. This is to incentivize kingdoms competing for the WW crown to actually war each other. My experience with competing on the war win chart was more about tricking a kingdom into an easy war than warring the best war kingdoms.

Wars between the absolute best warring kingdoms should happen every age if they want to win the WW crown. Give me more Divinity vs Warseekers, less ENTER_WAR_KINGDOM vs Unknown ghetto
    Quote Originally Posted by vines View Post
    100 is the same 1. And 1/92 just means .92.

| Blade of Dragons Mate | Mythos | S 1 3 3 7 Y | Desolated Mythos | Pandas | Barcoloco |

Thread Information