Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WW points currently

Post Fiend

WW points currently

The number one war win KD has "Wars Won / Concluded Wars / War Score 2 / 2 / 5.0 Average Opponent Relative Size 95%"
    The number two war win KD has "Wars Won / Concluded Wars / War Score 2 / 2 / 4.87 Average Opponent Relative Size 103%"

I could be wrong, but I'm assuming that for both KDs, the first war win was against a KD with no war wins and the second war win was against a KD with one war win. I know that average opponent relative size influences war win points and the number of wins the other KD has does too. Why does the number one spot have more points if their opponent relative size is %95 against the number two spot's 103%?

I suppose the most logical answer is that the number one KD warred 2 kingdoms who each had a war win, but it seems too early in the age to fit that in.

The higher the kds are charted going into the war, the higher the WW points afaik
    Snakes
    PewPEW
    Divinity
    Emeriti

Non of my nubs speak for my KD

Scribe
    I would say worst change ever, but there are so many changes that could compete it's hard to single just one out.
    Giving war win points by nw or acre charts is just the next blow (after the honor changes) to the warring tier.
    Really doesn't matter though cause charts don't reflect anything really except for who can cheat the best, may as well add the war win chart to that list as well.
    Have fun with it. Now the top cheating whores wont have to cry cause they couldnt muster up enough wars to rank. one war will count as much as 3 competitive wars in the warring tier , giving them the needed points.

Ah the "They are better than me so they must be cheating" argument.

Scribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    Ah the "They are better than me so they must be cheating" argument.
    I am confused, a bit ago you were stating we need more security because of rampant cheating... but yea, you are probably right as always :) none of the top nw/acre kingdoms use creative ways of, let's call it circumvent the rules, ever

Quote Originally Posted by Goodwitch View Post
    I am confused, a bit ago you were stating we need more security because of rampant cheating... but yea, you are probably right as always :) none of the top nw/acre kingdoms use creative ways of, let's call it circumvent the rules, ever
    No, I never argued for more security I argued that the IP was enough and shouldn't be removed. Would you refrain from making up stuff please? I realize that its hard for you consider most of your posts are half truths at best.

Then report them get them deleted would be perfect wouldnt it? Oh right you have no proof just assumptions right.

Also i didn't say I was right or wrong just expressing an opinion.

I would say worst change ever, but there are so many changes that could compete it's hard to single just one out.
    Giving war win points by nw or acre charts is just the next blow (after the honor changes) to the warring tier.
    Really doesn't matter though cause charts don't reflect anything really except for who can cheat the best, may as well add the war win chart to that list as well.
    Have fun with it. Now the top cheating whores wont have to cry cause they couldnt muster up enough wars to rank. one war will count as much as 3 competitive wars in the warring tier , giving them the needed points.
    The salt in your tears is delicious

I think Binar is talking about the higher in the WAR WIN chart, the more points a win against them gives. This is to incentivize kingdoms competing for the WW crown to actually war each other. My experience with competing on the war win chart was more about tricking a kingdom into an easy war than warring the best war kingdoms.

Wars between the absolute best warring kingdoms should happen every age if they want to win the WW crown. Give me more Divinity vs Warseekers, less ENTER_WAR_KINGDOM vs Unknown ghetto
    Quote Originally Posted by vines View Post
    100 is the same 1. And 1/92 just means .92.

| Blade of Dragons Mate | Mythos | S 1 3 3 7 Y | Desolated Mythos | Pandas | Barcoloco |

Enthusiast
    Completely not true, my kingdom is a warring kingdom but hangs around thd top 10 and with the new changes would have won the ww crown easily in ages past. Just to have kingdoms like COL who remain small and avoid the better kingdoms edge us out. Seems like good changes to me, now if only they would just make it a tournament style format. ;)

Director of Age Changes
    Start growing.
    Discord: Hex | IRC: Hextor / Avenger

Scribe
    Quote Originally Posted by CannaWhoopazz View Post
    I think Binar is talking about the higher in the WAR WIN chart, the more points a win against them gives. This is to incentivize kingdoms competing for the WW crown to actually war each other. My experience with competing on the war win chart was more about tricking a kingdom into an easy war than warring the best war kingdoms.

Wars between the absolute best warring kingdoms should happen every age if they want to win the WW crown. Give me more Divinity vs Warseekers, less ENTER_WAR_KINGDOM vs Unknown ghetto
    I totally agree but as far as I know the points are not measured by the war win charts. So the first wars gave different points already depending on where in the acre charts kingdoms were located. If I am wrong about this, it would be nice if someone would correct me. But from the looks of it so far, if a #1 kingdom beats a #10 kingdom at 90% opponent size, they would get more points than a #40 kingdom beating a #30 kingdom at 110% size.
    And I am not saying the higher ranked kingdoms asked for this change or even wanted it actually. The effect is just that the last chart available to kingdoms that don't want to sit and pump and grow is now gone as well.
    A lot of warring kingdoms are not opposed to growing at all, contrary to what the general opinion here seems to be, they just don't want to sit and explore and pump for days between wars. Preparing 2-3 month for 2-3 wars just doesn't seem as fun. If the goal is to have kingdoms be bigger there are a million better ways to achieve that. For starters the suggestion of letting the kingdom decide where to stick the won acres, exploration in eowcf(with the province pool that shouldnt be a problem anymore), Elite credits, raze credits, faster wizard growth in eowcf or anything else actually useful to make filling out acres. In other words grow competition instead of just acres.

Veteran
    The way I see it, this change was made to allow the whore tier to take all crowns. Now it's just figuring out who will do it first.

Ofc it doesn't seem like it was intentional, but currently that's how it works.
    You just got owned again. When will you learn fool. I'm just on a different level.

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by elixer View Post
    The way I see it, this change was made to allow the whore tier to take all crowns. Now it's just figuring out who will do it first.

Ofc it doesn't seem like it was intentional, but currently that's how it works.
    Of course there needs to be ways to attain WW crown without also crowning for land. But beating the whore kingdoms in war is in fact beating some of the best warring kds. If WW points are to reflect how good you are at warring (and not something else, like how good you are at baiting nubs), land chart has to be a factor.

There needs to be a balance ofc. If a whore kingdom win ww crown by baiting a ghetto OOP, and farming a whore kingdom or two from superior position, the formula needs reworking. But if you beat Emeriti, BB, WSK and Sleepy on your way to crown - those 4 wins are surely a better reflection of your warring skills than pretending to be a nub kd, baiting 8 kingdoms and winning in the lower t. 100.

If you enjoy the war-tiering meta of land dropping, nw manipulation, staying intentionally small, ghetto baiting etc. Then this change is bad of course. The aim of it is not to grant whoring kingdoms triple crowns - but to ensure that evenly matched kingdoms war eachother, and to encouraging taking on hard opponents.
    RoughKnecS

--> Want art? <--
    --> Or see Tadpole banners? <--

The industrys greats

** Cerberus ** Killah ** Shadowheart **

Veteran
    I'm all for warring these kingdoms should we be on fairly even ground. I'm just saying that because of how the current formula is growth kds are more rewarded when getting some wars. Nothing I mind really as I don't think it is currently effecting charts, due to some strategic wd and stuff going on with warring, just something that might need to be looked at for the future.
    You just got owned again. When will you learn fool. I'm just on a different level.

Scribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tadpole View Post
    Of course there needs to be ways to attain WW crown without also crowning for land. But beating the whore kingdoms in war is in fact beating some of the best warring kds. If WW points are to reflect how good you are at warring (and not something else, like how good you are at baiting nubs), land chart has to be a factor.

There needs to be a balance ofc. If a whore kingdom win ww crown by baiting a ghetto OOP, and farming a whore kingdom or two from superior position, the formula needs reworking. But if you beat Emeriti, BB, WSK and Sleepy on your way to crown - those 4 wins are surely a better reflection of your warring skills than pretending to be a nub kd, baiting 8 kingdoms and winning in the lower t. 100.

If you enjoy the war-tiering meta of land dropping, nw manipulation, staying intentionally small, ghetto baiting etc. Then this change is bad of course. The aim of it is not to grant whoring kingdoms triple crowns - but to ensure that evenly matched kingdoms war eachother, and to encouraging taking on hard opponents.
    the intention was good but the implementation isn't working like it should. And we are talking quadruple crown, they can already triple crown.
    I agree with you that most whoring kingdoms could be top warring kingdoms, if they would warm but they don't. Fighting 2 wars an age compared to fighting 10 is a big difference as far as prep and pump times. Especially OOP I think the points should have been given by opponent relative size not by rank in any other chart. The OOP wars alone are making this new and not improved war win chart useless.

Thread Information