Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: At War with a Kingdom far Larger

I like to post

At War with a Kingdom far Larger

So a friend of mine is at war with a Kingdom far larger than his. Atm the size disparity is about 80-90%. However, the armies in both Kingdoms are more or less the same, although the larger Kingdom does have more peasants.

So my question to Persain and ASF: How to best deal with wars such as these, what are the best strategies to keep land loss minimal?

Stick them with the pointy end!

Veteran
    You gotta need to level the playingfield peasant wise. Only way for your friends kingdom to do that is to release military until his kingdom has the peasant advantage. Afterall the side with the most peasants wins in the long run.

Veteran
    Are those peasants on ub? If not semi chain them and try to force some desertions. Will also help with the full chain after since they should have less defense. I'm just a boob though
    Quote Originally Posted by vines View Post
    You just got owned again. When will you learn fool. I'm just on a different level.

I am only a simple Utopian Caveman but Kingdom setups matter.
    NS FB Kidnap enemy, His attackers need to do this also... Guard Stations for you.
    No thats too simple. Proly only works in the Ghetto.

lol, u got me. BUT the size diff is only 32%

We's so ghetto, the only gold we wears is on our teeth
    Last edited by Skank; 07-06-2017 at 18:10. Reason: fubu cowbell
    I may be paranoid but that does not mean they aren't out to get me It needs more cowbell.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Bart of Sparta View Post
    So a friend of mine is at war with a Kingdom far larger than his. Atm the size disparity is about 80-90%. However, the armies in both Kingdoms are more or less the same, although the larger Kingdom does have more peasants.

So my question to Persain and ASF: How to best deal with wars such as these, what are the best strategies to keep land loss minimal?
    Lol@bart

Veteran
    Haha :D
    My former contribution to a kingdom known by many names
    [ Palindromes - Stuck inside my head - Dinner is Served - Doom & Bloom Seed Co. - Foxtonomy - First Impressions ]

=^..^= SPGC !! =^..^=
    It is I the Three Musketeers, Alpacahontas, Appetitical ManiaC, Twerk it Harder Make it Better

"\*.Pyromaniacs.*/"

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by elixer View Post
    Are those peasants on ub? If not semi chain them and try to force some desertions. Will also help with the full chain after since they should have less defense. I'm just a boob though
    barts being a !@#$ becuase the hes asking the strategy forum mod how his friend should beat the strategy forum mod in war....i.e. me.

For what its worth.....if u get into a war with a kd that is 20-30% bigger than you, the best suggestion is surrender min time. The only times you'd have a chance at winning or so war/setup specific you'll need more kd coordination and activity than the strategy forum is capable of giving.
    Last edited by Persain; 06-06-2017 at 22:33.

Veteran
    Oh I know lol. Just trying To be noob.
    Quote Originally Posted by vines View Post
    You just got owned again. When will you learn fool. I'm just on a different level.

Post Demon
    Deep chaining in nw order and be very efficient about it, the setup looks roughtly like the war between Barcoloco and Wardawg last age, a war the kingdom I was in at the time, Wardawg lost.

There is no way the bigger kingdom can efficiently chain provinces when all their provinces are bigger than the ones they are trying to chain, and if they are build arround heavy offenses on low def as most warring kingdoms you can easily chain them.

Barcolocos victory revolved arround chaining 2 provinces with each unique with a total of 11 chained provinces since they had to give up on chaining two provinces when I got chained last, since I had prepared for it and had more bulky defenses.

They did use a bit of ns and arson to kick unwanted buildings such as gs and came at us with overwhelming activity and efficiency.

We soon ended up max gaining to minimize loses, and the peasant and ecconomy advantage we had could not be utilized to our advantage at all.

They had 6 people on 6 uniques and most others on 5 while only me and the steward mannaged 6 uniques and a bunch of the core people got 3 or 4, but even had we managed equal numbers of uniques each 1:1 hit resulted in net loses of land, while the deep chains resulted in loses of military.

It was Avians vs Avians core so maybe this situation with Dwarves vs Humans/Elves/Dwarves is diffrent, and maybe they can not muster the needed efficiency in their chains, but it is worth a try, never go max gains vs max gains, that way the opponents will be able to utilize their ecconomy advantage.

One thing that Barcoloco could not prevent thougth was that we ended up with a number of unchained provinces that grew a lot during that war.

Needs to get out more
    I have an idea, but I want to see if Sparta will execute the prime directive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

If you beat a strategy mod do you get to take their place?
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

you cant compare persian with pan last aged XD

Post Demon
    If you beat a strategy mod you win a pokemon badge I'm sure.

Of course you can compare the situation, for both this war and the one last age kingdoms started arround 1,7 million nw appart and one kingdom being almost dubble the land of the other, true Avians and Dwarves have diffrent qualities, but the base line situation is the same. I just can not see the smaller kingdom using chains and that is why in a battle where it comes down to ecconomy vs ecconomy they will lose for sure.

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by octobrev View Post
    If you beat a strategy mod do you get to take their place?
    Just like Buffalo Bill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Thread Information