Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pimp

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyguy View Post
    I don't know. I only know thst pimp won't take KD pages now or dryad sot's. UPOOPU won't work on android and I can't find anything else. I'm sorry if I sound all negative, but I'm a little frustrated with the intel storage situation.
    If pimp isn't being updated then it wont be able to accept any new races, spells, ops, troop types etc. You need to use an intel site that is active.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Veteran
    Could someone recommend one?
    Long live Mehul!

Needs to get out more
    But not munkbot? I liked Stingernet because the irc interface(I don't know, but it's the coolest word) was very robust. I haven't been on munkbot for a long time, but I understand it has several improvements.

The reason I liked Pimp was because it was very easy to reference. The op icons, army out, and ops/sabotage list were very intuitive. Most of the deeper math I find unnecessary, no offense, but most players like the in-depth approach to intel. Pimp also made province detail easy to review.

Upoopo was tough for me because of the lengthy screen format and colored noodles for ops. I'd loose my place a lot and miss reference the province I was trying to look over. Also the drop menus were useless for my iPad: the menus would appear behind the hard text. Thus, if I wanted to click something on the drop menu I'd get details of the hard text instead.

In summary, if I wanted to use a bot, Stingernet or munkbot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Strategy Moderator
    munkbot, Stinger, lucidbot (irc #lucidbot ask an &), https://www.upoopu.com/

Those 4 are the only ones i know still updating age-age changes.

StratOcastle gives a good summary i personally perfer lucibot because its developer is playing in my kd and its the least complicated.

Forum Fanatic
    Squirrel stopped updating pimp atleast a year ago . Most people who used it went to upoopo or munkbot that I know of. It's like angel . It was good then as things got better the developer stoppped updating it.less users do that.

Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

Post Fiend
    Correct me if I am wrong... But munkbot, Stinger, lucidbot...
    All involve getting outside help to set-up KD-intel...

So if you have a monarch that is not tech-savvy enough to get a intel site/bot up and running...
    There is no way to get detailed intel outside of Upo...
    That and that alone is why my KD still uses it.

Seeing as it is being introduced to the game...
    could munk find a way to allow kds to self create a group?

Or could In game intel be arranged/shown in a more similar manner as that of Upo/Pimp that can be either chosen from (like Upo: building/thievery/etc) or selectable/sortable like pimp (include/exclude certain prov values to be displayed)?

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by BoBDuDe View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong... But munkbot, Stinger, lucidbot...
    All involve getting outside help to set-up KD-intel...

So if you have a monarch that is not tech-savvy enough to get a intel site/bot up and running...
    There is no way to get detailed intel outside of Upo...
    That and that alone is why my KD still uses it.

Seeing as it is being introduced to the game...
    could munk find a way to allow kds to self create a group?

Or could In game intel be arranged/shown in a more similar manner as that of Upo/Pimp that can be either chosen from (like Upo: building/thievery/etc) or selectable/sortable like pimp (include/exclude certain prov values to be displayed)?
    Upoopu is the only "self contained" intell via a site that requires no "talking" just logging in the site.----and its better than pimp/shrimp. good reason 2 use it.

However in total seting up lucidbot for my kd was easier than seting up upoopu, it just requires irc/slack? and talking to the current developer. Literally once he put the bot online "!adduser name" when they join the kd, then each age "!addprov user race pers prov name" addon is just as easy and site can be loged into. From what i remember of munkbot and stinger is that they were not THAT much harder.

I miss pimp!

Veteran
    Does anyone have a link to munk's intel page? I already use his target finder, love it, but I cant seem to find the intel storage page. We can't use upoopu because about 1/3 of our core uses android to play, and last I checked, it doesn't work on android. Stingernet you need like a permission to use it, I didn't get a reply when I asked about it. Aren't they cancelling IRC?
    Long live Mehul!

Does anyone have a link to munk's intel page? I already use his target finder, love it, but I cant seem to find the intel storage page. We can't use upoopu because about 1/3 of our core uses android to play, and last I checked, it doesn't work on android. Stingernet you need like a permission to use it, I didn't get a reply when I asked about it. Aren't they cancelling IRC?
    You have to get munk to set up your own intel-site and seems Utonet will be saved for now. There will be some sort of arrangement made by owner of UTonet and ZAWK.

Upoopu DOES work on Android. As I mentioned previously, you have 2 options for Upoopu with Android:

1) Install the Utopia mobile app and input your Upoopu login into it's intel storage system. After that, simply opening the app will load your intel.

2) Manually copy/paste from your phone into Upoopu. It's really not as difficult as it sounds, and takes maybe a minute, if that.

Stop saying that it doesn't work with Android. Just because you don't know how to use it doesn't mean it doesn't work.

Scribe
    stinger is really easy to set up. players just register and monarch or whoever activates them. In the beginning you just pm Stinger on irc, he sets up the bot wherever you want and he can. I have yet not to get an answer from him. Really nice guy and super helpful. And now that you can set up in game to send intel you don't even have to run extensions or copy and paste.

Veteran
    I've used stinger when ibwas in another KD. Maybe I went to the wrong channel. What is the channel please? And thanks everyone for the kind words and assistance.
    Long live Mehul!

Just PM Stinger directly /msg Stinger hi!

I like how he completely ignored both times when I told him he could still use the system he was accustomed to. It's almost like some people don't want to listen or want help. Whatever, I guess.

Thread Information