Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pimp

Veteran

Pimp

Is anyone else having trouble with pimp? We cant get it to accept KD pages. If someone were good enough with excel, they could probably make a similar page. Theres no need for spells/ops to be recorded anymore. I emailed ST but I don't think that he supports it anymore. I guess pimp is dead.
    Long live Mehul!

Scribe

Needs to get out more
    I loved Pimp. My favorite format.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Post Demon
    went from that to Upoopu to munk to no tools, never got the hang of Pimp or Munk, upoopu comes with a browser extension and was easy for me to understand and activate so that would be my suggested alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by Madchess View Post
    went from that to Upoopu to munk to no tools, never got the hang of Pimp or Munk, upoopu comes with a browser extension and was easy for me to understand and activate so that would be my suggested alternative.
    Pimp always had the integration with Angel to send intel and such. It was pretty easy back in the day.
    Retired at one time but no longer retired.

Forum Fanatic
    Pimp hasnt worked or been updated in a few years now.

Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

Veteran
    Delete
    Last edited by Crazyguy; 09-06-2017 at 04:33.
    Long live Mehul!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Goodwitch View Post
    Nope. Not really easy. This just takes me to "github" and doesn't seem to have much with utopia, as I click on links. I clucked all that there is to click. A couple asked for me to login, but none gave me the option to creatr an account. A lot about parsing scripts, which I know nothing about, and a little about coding, which I know nothing about, but nothing about storing utopia intel. Explain to me how this should make it really easy?
    Long live Mehul!

Veteran
    Delete
    Last edited by Crazyguy; 09-06-2017 at 04:49.
    Long live Mehul!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Madchess View Post
    UPOOPU doesn't work on mobile at all. Nobody in my KD plays on a windows PC.
    Long live Mehul!

Veteran
    I am unhappy to announce that the only part of this that I understand is "I am happy to announce"

None of this make any sense to me, and aside for the KD forum, we have no method now for intel storage. I know that I'm not alone in this, and people will quit over this frustration very quickly. I am hoping for a little bit of clarity on this. My KD has been in utopia for over 12 yrs. The recent changes have prevented us from storing intel.

Ability to send intel automatically to custom sites!
    Hi all!

I am happy to annonce that players now have the ability to specify a site URL where all their in-game data will be sent. This will hopefully make it easier to use some of the great 3rd party system out there. The idea is to make it easy to send your intel without needing odd scripts and extensions.

It can be enabled under preferences and requires a full URL (remember http://... ) as well as an optional key -- these would be provided by whatever system you, or your kingdom has developed. The idea of the key is to allow the system to "block" those without a key or revoke access to users. It is not required to use, but is advisable.

Technically it will send two version of your page on every load -- either the game-content div HTML or a "simpler" version which mirrors a copy-paste of the page. The reason both versions are sent is because "legacy" game developers probably have parsers for either case and I wanted to ensure both types of parses would be easily applicable.

The current in-game URL as well as the sending Province will also be sent along with the actual page to facilitate parsing of the pages.

It is a "cookie" based setting, so it will reset on new browsers and has to be set on each device.

For developers:
    Please see the newly started GitHub repository I made: https://github.com/cmunk/utopiaintel

You can see a sample example.php file which should be a good starting point to start making your own parsers for your users.

Be sure to enable the "Access-Control-Allow-Origin" headers on your end point -- otherwise the user will get errors. Generally be sure to read the documentation there.

I hope people will submit Pull Requests in that repository so we can make it as easy as possible to develop intel storage sites for utopia.
    Long live Mehul!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder TA View Post
    Pimp hasnt worked or been updated in a few years now.
    It's worked for sot's until this age
    Long live Mehul!

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyguy View Post
    I am unhappy to announce that the only part of this that I understand is "I am happy to announce"

None of this make any sense to me, and aside for the KD forum, we have no method now for intel storage. I know that I'm not alone in this, and people will quit over this frustration very quickly. I am hoping for a little bit of clarity on this. My KD has been in utopia for over 12 yrs. The recent changes have prevented us from storing intel.

Ability to send intel automatically to custom sites!
    Hi all!

I am happy to annonce that players now have the ability to specify a site URL where all their in-game data will be sent. This will hopefully make it easier to use some of the great 3rd party system out there. The idea is to make it easy to send your intel without needing odd scripts and extensions.

It can be enabled under preferences and requires a full URL (remember http://... ) as well as an optional key -- these would be provided by whatever system you, or your kingdom has developed. The idea of the key is to allow the system to "block" those without a key or revoke access to users. It is not required to use, but is advisable.

Technically it will send two version of your page on every load -- either the game-content div HTML or a "simpler" version which mirrors a copy-paste of the page. The reason both versions are sent is because "legacy" game developers probably have parsers for either case and I wanted to ensure both types of parses would be easily applicable.

The current in-game URL as well as the sending Province will also be sent along with the actual page to facilitate parsing of the pages.

It is a "cookie" based setting, so it will reset on new browsers and has to be set on each device.

For developers:
    Please see the newly started GitHub repository I made: https://github.com/cmunk/utopiaintel

You can see a sample example.php file which should be a good starting point to start making your own parsers for your users.

Be sure to enable the "Access-Control-Allow-Origin" headers on your end point -- otherwise the user will get errors. Generally be sure to read the documentation there.

I hope people will submit Pull Requests in that repository so we can make it as easy as possible to develop intel storage sites for utopia.
    This is purely for the people that create 3rd party intel sites, it cant be used by itself without a corresponding intel gathering script/site/bot.

What recent changes, exactly, have stopped you storing intel?
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    This is purely for the people that create 3rd party intel sites, it cant be used by itself without a corresponding intel gathering script/site/bot.

What recent changes, exactly, have stopped you storing intel?
    I don't know. I only know thst pimp won't take KD pages now or dryad sot's. UPOOPU won't work on android and I can't find anything else. I'm sorry if I sound all negative, but I'm a little frustrated with the intel storage situation.
    Long live Mehul!

UPOOPU doesn't work on mobile at all. Nobody in my KD plays on a windows PC.
    Upoopu works on mobile just fine if you're not lazy about it. You can either a) manually copy/paste pages to the Upo site (which works on mobile) or b) install the Utopia app and set it to upload intel to Upo (pretty easy to do).

Munk works crazy good and is stupidly easy with the recent changes that integrate it into Utopia. I used it for the first time last age and had little to no trouble getting it setup.

BS, whining/baseless claim, and more BS in that order. The methods are available, you just have to put in the effort to utilize them properly.

Thread Information