Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pimp

Quote Originally Posted by Crystopher View Post
    I like how he completely ignored both times when I told him he could still use the system he was accustomed to. It's almost like some people don't want to listen or want help. Whatever, I guess.
    I find it hilarious that you think copy/paste is a acceptable solution to it. But maybe it has to do with your aggressive tone in the matter, for example he never claimed that it didnt work period. Also neither of your suggestions points at Upopopu working cause if you need a third party tool or do it manually it really doesnt work.

Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    I find it hilarious that you think copy/paste is a acceptable solution to it. But maybe it has to do with your aggressive tone in the matter, for example he never claimed that it didnt work period. Also neither of your suggestions points at Upopopu working cause if you need a third party tool or do it manually it really doesnt work.
    1) I have an aggressive tone because this guy consistently complains about easily fixed or non-existent issues. My tone doesn't change the fact that I've offered valid information.

2) You clearly didn't read my post if all you saw was "copy/paste." He asked for solutions and I provided the; obviously one of them is more convenient. Upoopu itself is a 3rd-party tool that's used to avoid a manual process, so I'm not seeing the logic in your response.

3) "He never claimed that it didn't work period." Please see below:

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyguy View Post
    UPOOPU doesn't work on mobile at all. Nobody in my KD plays on a windows PC.
    I'd just like to add that if people are playing solely from a mobile device and trying to use Upoopu, then the mobile app is going to be the ONLY way to upload intel to it (at least until mobile browsers gain browser extension support).

Veteran
    I like how he completely ignored both times when I told him he could still use the system he was accustomed to. It's almost like some people don't want to listen or want help. Whatever, I guess.
    1) since im monarch, I dont use the app.

2) I've gone to UPOOPU every age, it won't take intel from my phone. You have to download an extension, and you cant download extensions on a phone, I've tried it.

3) I ignored your solution because it doesn't work for me.
    Long live Mehul!

1) since im monarch, I dont use the app.

2) I've gone to UPOOPU every age, it won't take intel from my phone. You have to download an extension, and you cant download extensions on a phone, I've tried it.

3) I ignored your solution because it doesn't work for me.
    1) I'm not aware of any issue preventing monarch from using the Android app.

2) I've gone to Upoopu for several ages in the past and actually tested it a moment ago. It does accept manual intel, which isn't perfect but it's still an option whether people like it or not. I did indicate that extensions don't work on mobile and never indicated they would.

3) That's fine, hopefully you're done making baseless claims about not being able to store intel and adapt after all.

Veteran
    1) I'm not aware of any issue preventing monarch from using the Android app.

2) I've gone to Upoopu for several ages in the past and actually tested it a moment ago. It does accept manual intel, which isn't perfect but it's still an option whether people like it or not. I did indicate that extensions don't work on mobile and never indicated they would.

3) That's fine, hopefully you're done making baseless claims about not being able to store intel and adapt after all.
    Why are you being a dick?
    Long live Mehul!

Veteran
    Upoopu doesn't work:

Data Store Formatter Log Tralfamadore Log out
    A javascript error occured
    An error prevented the page from loading. Most likely this is not an error on your side. Either (stored) data is corrupted or you stumbled on a bug. If the error keeps appearing please inform the webmaster.
    Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'hash' of undefined
    https://www.upoopu.com/s/javascripts...07c3c909048.js [#: 27469]
    Long live Mehul!

Veteran
    So basically, what I'm understanding is that I have to idle in IRC, which boots me out when my screen saver kicks on in to use any of the bots. That really isn't fair. I would have to sit there and refresh every 5 minutes for several hours, making it impossible for me to ever get a bouncer opened for a bot. Upoopu doesnt work, as I showed you above, and when I msg the webmaster, he tells me that I have to download an extension, or use the app. That means that I would have to login to a different device just to do my Monarchy stuff. This isn't a baseless claim, top utopia kingdoms use outside intel sites that not just anyone can use. I really hope that the new owners start using an ingame intel storage that eliminates this completely. I can tell that this is true when someine starts getting all uppity when it gets brought up. I'm here asking for a little help with these sites, which are NOT user friendly, and I get treated like a jerk for it. Crystopher, do me a favor, and stay off of my posts.
    Long live Mehul!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    Copy and paste is fine bro. It just don't work. If you can tell me a way to make copy and paste work on upoopu, ill be on it. Od rather use the new features that let you export intel, sure! But im open to anything. Even a simple data cell reformatter for excel like pimp. Pimp's broken bro, and my little KD is down to posting intel in the forum. You cant sort it like that. It takes a half hour to figure out how much def you need to be UB, or how much off to be unstoppable/ vs about 2 seconds for anyone with a data cell reformatter of any kind. Some of my KD mates remember boats, and have been playing since.
    Long live Mehul!

Enthusiast
    UpoopU copy paste method = Formatter

Pimp on the other hand, has problems even with copy and paste.

All this copy and paste is moot with the new export data to intel sites, just pimp cant receive that data being it is out of date
    A outerworld vagabond Elf traveling this world.
    From the world of Thardferr, herald of the Eldar Elven Kingdoms
    Elven Roles sense Age 63: Sage, Mystic, Rogue, Tactician, Cleric, Merchant, Heretic, War Hero, Warrior, Paladin, Undead, Artisan, Raider

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by RedPanda View Post
    UpoopU copy paste method = Formatter

Pimp on the other hand, has problems even with copy and paste.

All this copy and paste is moot with the new export data to intel sites, just pimp cant receive that data being it is out of date
    Upoopu doesn't work:

An error prevented the page from loading. Most likely this is not an error on your side. Either (stored) data is corrupted or you stumbled on a bug. If the error keeps appearing please inform the webmaster.
    Long live Mehul!

Enthusiast
    Upoopu doesn't work:

Read the guide in upoopu website, the owner has mentioned what needs to be done if this comes up. Something about clearing your cookies and trying again.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrinky View Post
    Read the guide in upoopu website, the owner has mentioned what needs to be done if this comes up. Something about clearing your cookies and trying again.
    He said I have to download an extension. I can't put an extension on my phone.
    Long live Mehul!

Veteran
    He said I have to download an extension. I can't put an extension on my phone.
    Can't remember saying that, must have been ages ago (though ff + ext should work now if you have an android phone). This error is likely due to copy/pasting incomplete/malformed data (but it still should error gracefully, not throwing up like that).

Either-way, i'll soon add this new magic upload anything you see thingy (but if at all possible, use the browser extension, it'll always work better)
    Last edited by Yadda9To5; 17-06-2017 at 17:29.
    http://www.upoopu.com/: an intel repository (or: "pimp alternative") for utopia (read the guide).

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Yadda9To5 View Post
    Can't remember saying that, must have been ages ago (though ff + ext should work now if you have an android phone). This error is likely due to copy/pasting incomplete/malformed data (but it still should error gracefully, not throwing up like that).

Either-way, i'll soon add this new magic upload anything you see thingy (but if at all possible, use the browser extension, it'll always work better)
    Yes my friend, it was a couple of ages ago. About a year. I try it every so often, get the same error. As far as pasting the whole page, I use the "select all" option. I fugure that this should ensure that I get all of the text. If there is a different way, please let me know. You know, I really think that the chrome app needs to be updated to allow extensions! Thanks for your reply here.
    Long live Mehul!

Veteran
    Here is how it looks in firefox on android

Data Store
    Formatter Log
    Tralfamadore knight
    Log out

TypeError: _.find(...) is undefined
    https://www.upoopu.com/s/javascripts...07c3c909048.js [#: 27467]

I also tried incognito mode on chrome. Obviously, everyone else here is much smarter then I am for getting it to work. I should keep looking and try to find a "data parsing for dummies who play utopia" website I guess.
    Long live Mehul!

Thread Information