Thread: Question about Guilds, from the wiki

Question about Guilds, from the wiki

From http://wiki.utopia-game.com/index.ph...ilding_Effects

Building Effects
    Percentage Based Buildings = Base Effect * BE * Max(50%, % of building) * (100% - Max(50%, % of building))

Flat Rate Buildings = Base Effect * Number of Buildings * BE * Monarchy Bonus * Science
    Max Effect of a %-Based Building is 25 x Base Effect
    If your BE is less than 100%, the effect you would have with 50% of that building is the maximum.
    If you have less than 100% BE, additional buildings past 50% will have no effect.
    Guilds are a flat-rate building. Do the last two sentences refer to flat-rate buildings? (If they refer to percentage-based buildings, it would be strange/kinda redundant, because it seems that a 50% max effect is already hard-coded into percentage-based buildings.) If you have more than 50% guilds, is there a cap on the wizard-production rate based on whether your BE is > or < 100%?

I do know that if you look at your buildings page, it'll show that your guilds are producing at the flat rate even if you have more than 50% guilds. For example, assuming with BE < 100%, if you have 100 acres and 60 guilds, it'll say you have Guilds 60, 60% of land, and "1.2 wizards trained per day" or something like that. Wondering if that's actually the amount of (average) wizards trained per day or if the last 2 sentences from the wiki I copied are actually working in the background on top of that.
    Last edited by yootohpeega; 08-06-2017 at 18:02.

Scribe
    I don't think I've ever tried to build 50% of a percentage based building so I can't verify the accuracy of those last two sentences, but they are referring to percentage based buildings (and the flat rate formula is clearly out of date since monarchy bonuses don't exist anymore :D)

BE doesn't affect wizard production at all. And there is no max on guilds as far as the wizard production effect is concerned (20% is max for the spell duration effect afaik)

Quote Originally Posted by yootohpeega View Post
    From http://wiki.utopia-game.com/index.ph...ilding_Effects

Guilds are a flat-rate building. Do the last two sentences refer to flat-rate buildings? (If they refer to percentage-based buildings, it would be strange/kinda redundant, because it seems that a 50% max effect is already hard-coded into percentage-based buildings.) If you have more than 50% guilds, is there a cap on the wizard-production rate based on whether your BE is > or < 100%?

I do know that if you look at your buildings page, it'll show that your guilds are producing at the flat rate even if you have more than 50% guilds. For example, assuming with BE < 100%, if you have 100 acres and 60 guilds, it'll say you have Guilds 60, 60% of land, and "1.2 wizards trained per day" or something like that. Wondering if that's actually the amount of (average) wizards trained per day or if the last 2 sentences from the wiki I copied are actually working in the background.

There is no hard-coded 50% max effect on %-based buildings; the build table below that section in the wiki shows the max effects for each of the buildings. That same table also shows that guilds have no cap on the number of wizards trained, so those last two sentences wouldn't apply.

Thanks guys.

Thread Information