Right now, one cannot explore more than 100% of one's acres in one go. Eg. you have 500 acres, you aren't allowed to explore more than 500 acres maximum in one go (assuming your lands are already built or in progress).

I would like to propose that this restriction be tweaked in case a province is well below the KD median acres so that provinces who were chained badly can catch up quickly. How? I'll explain.

Current scenario:
KD Median = 1000 acres.
Province current acres = 400 acres.

As per current mechanism, province can explore max 400 acres in one go.
My proposed mechanism is to modify this restriction so that province can explore beyond 100% of their current acres but not beyond the current KD median acres in one go.
With this proposal, instead of the province being allowed to explore only 400 acres in one go, the province can now explore maximum 600 acres in one go (anything above that would mean allowing the province to explore beyond the current KD median).

Why I am proposing this? Because currently, provinces can explore to the required acres but not in one go. This means, they have to do one round of exploration, then wait for some acres to come in before being able to do another round of exploration. This pushes up the cost in terms of soldiers and money and delays recovery for the province in question. Sure, the province can take aid from KD to rebuild quickly but it becomes expensive.
Now, if the province can explore in one go to reach the KD median acres (at that point of time) and then take aid from the KD to rebuild, the costs would still be high but it would be less than in the earlier scenario and time spent on recovery would be less too (less costs spent on exploration).

I've read an argument against this to the tune that the province would be exploring too much and be unable to defend the lands even with extra high draft. I agree with this statement in general but I feel that if one belongs to an organised KD which can arrange for the aid to flow to you at the right time, then you can explore and train up sufficiently to defend the newly gained lands.

Right now, when people are chained, usually they need to explore their way back to acceptable size with respect to their KD requirements and this can take time as the person would be required to explore again and again as the acres come in. With paradise being available only to Rogues and Mystics, most people can't even grow through this method outside of war or fort. Also, current explore mechanism means if one needs to reach required acres in minimum time, they need to login in subsequent ticks and explore. For people who happen to be busy and cannot log in immediately in subsequent ticks, the proposed method allows them to try and finish their exploration in one go.

To make sure only those who really need to explore because of being badly chained can explore under the new mechanism, it can be locked down to EOWCF only exploration in which the extended exploration limit gets activated.