Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Land Based Gains

Land Based Gains

Sorry if this has already been answered.

Just wondering if anyone know or have an educated guess on how the Land Based Gains will/might work.

Is it safe to assume LBG will work somewhat similiar to NW gains with the sweet spot 110% of province size or is it protecting bottom feeding and helping top feeding (For example a 400acre prov with 60k NW hits a 600acre prov with 60k NW yield a better gain than 400acre 60k NW? 440 acre 60k NW?)

and yes this is a strategic question on how one will setup their province

Its not LBG, its a hybrid. Hit someone near to you.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    What's the impact for similar land but big NW diff vs. similar NW but big land diff? Finding someone the same land size and same nwpa might be tough esp. in war. Does the hybrid favor land over NW for gains?

yea.. as the guy above asked...
    whats the skew.

Hit someone near you is as much info as you'll get, figure it out :)
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Hit someone near you is as much info as you'll get, figure it out :)
    ok

thanks

On the subject of gains, I have a quick question about Orc +20% gains and WH +5% gains. Do they stack additively (+125%) or multiplicatively (+126%)?

126!
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

400ac @ 60k hitting 600ac @ 60k = 43ac
    400ac @ 60k hitting 400ac @ 60k = 48ac
    400ac @ 60k hitting 440ac @ 60k = 53ac
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

Postaholic
    I cannot emphasize what a terrible idea it is to have two inputs to the gains formula. It is important that provinces actually be able to attack each other in this game, and reducing the chance that similarly-sized ones can do so is a terrible idea. But beyond that, it's important that players be able to understand what is going to happen when they make an attack. This game is math-centric enough already.

To prevent bottomfeeding on provinces much smaller than you, it would be sufficient to simply raise the networth given by land. Basically every age for years now the % of nw coming from land/wizards/thieves has dropped, as troop networths keep getting inflated more and more. This is the reason why you see provinces hitting others 1/2 their size now when it never happened before.

Post Demon
    it needs to be tested I'd assume more land is not a detractor for % gains, or atleast that it will even out as you capture a % of a bigger number and thus a bigger overall number. What the gains sounds like to me is nw is no longer the key factor, but you can still make fine hits hitting up in land.

Post Demon
    tested nw effects by purposefully hitting same acre much lower nw and at the same time hitting slightly bigger with rougthly the same nw

1st hit on 104% nw = 12% gains
    2nd hit on 40% nw = 6,2% gains and much increased attack time.

other factors in both cases was minor. On the big hit it was roughtly balanced, and the only factor on the small hit was +5% from War Hero which may explain the 0,2% if flat rate on 100% same size is 6%.

Anyone who tested this out with hitting same nw but on diffrent numbers of acres? maybe the effect is the same so you can expect a flat rate of 6% if hitting on 100% the same nw regardless of acres (hitting a bigger province would give 6% of a bigger number and thus better gains overall)

Post Demon
    oh yes both kingdoms was arround 500% nw of my own, but how I factor that in using only pen and paper is beyond my skills I'm afraid.

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Madchess View Post
    oh yes both kingdoms was arround 500% nw of my own, but how I factor that in using only pen and paper is beyond my skills I'm afraid.
    I believe the kingdom networth factor only kicks in when attacking a smaller kingdom.

Post Demon
    great that is nice to know when in a small kingdom.

Thread Information