View Poll Results: Barrier fix mid-age warranted?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. It is overpowered to an unreasonable level and affecting the landscape of the age.

5 21.74%
  • Maybe. I mean, the devs properly estimated the effect of the bonuses, right?

1 4.35%
  • No. Yours is the only kingdom experiencing such difficulty. Just use it yourself whiner!

17 73.91%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mid-age tweak to Barrier warranted?

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Goodwitch View Post
    the target provinces have to have guilds to have success and duration I believe. But besides that I don't think pally spells were intended to be easy nor should they be.
    The devs insist it's WPA vs WPA for success, and target Guild% for duration. Because why not require this much for simple support spells? And why shouldn't Paladin spells be easy? Okay, forget easy. How about easIER than offensive spells? You can more readily damage an enemy effectively than support an ally effectively, which seems backwards. Why take a personality's only meaningful bonus and make it unreasonably difficult to succeed with?

Scribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Verminator View Post
    The devs insist it's WPA vs WPA for success, and target Guild% for duration. Because why not require this much for simple support spells? And why shouldn't Paladin spells be easy? Okay, forget easy. How about easIER than offensive spells? You can more readily damage an enemy effectively than support an ally effectively, which seems backwards. Why take a personality's only meaningful bonus and make it unreasonably difficult to succeed with?
    it should definitely be harder to cast self spells onto someone else than to cast them onto yourself. You just got done saying offensive spells are too hard, now you are saying they are easier than pally spells. There is nothing easy about magic, it's hard, try it at home and you'll see.

I know the wiki doesn't say it anymore but my gut tells me that guilds are still always a factor for spell success even for offensive spells. It used to be included in the wiki for mod wpa calculations.

Veteran
    Guild % affects both self spell success rate and duration. Guild % affects offensive spell duration, but not success rate.
    Josh; leader of a lovable band of misfits, Pinoys, and probable virgins.

My Raging Clue

*If a Utopian falls in the woods, and no-one is around to see him...was he still bottom-feeding?

Scribe
    Quote Originally Posted by s0830887 View Post
    Guild % affects both self spell success rate and duration. Guild % affects offensive spell duration, but not success rate.
    I know that's what the wiki says but tell that to the guy with 13 raw wpa , no guilds trying to cast land lust

Forum Fanatic
    I'd tell him he's full of it , I was LLing as a undead last war without a single building built anywhere with no issues for 2 days

Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    We wont be modifying any mechanics mid age.
    *again

Quote Originally Posted by Verminator View Post
    It's starting to get ridiculous. Is it the most used ritual by far? Seems like they're everywhere you look. The DME/gains bonus is not a noticeable issue, but 25% WPA and TPA on defense is getting unreasonable. You're giving every province in a kingdom almost full Elf magic defense and Halfling thief defense. In my kingdom, we've got Mystics failing Fireballs on targets that have been massacred thrice already and throwing up their arms in frustration. The whole thing seems surreal and that's even with just an 80% Barrier; we didn't even bother casting when it was stronger. Is this the common experience? If so... why does this exist in the game?
    stop whining

Quote Originally Posted by Pillz View Post
    Funny.... Here is Bart's own thread complaining about Rituals... particularly Barrier.
    circle jerk/groupthink will not be violated.

I like to post
    Quote Originally Posted by javierNelson View Post
    circle jerk/groupthink will not be violated.
    Thanks for not blaming me for my deeds of the past. I was simply uninformed and did not take into account the majority of people in utopia who actually like the new changes. But I understand now that this was a selfish act. Mechanics are great this age.

Postaholic
    All active ritual spells should be removed upon entering war and any rituals being "constructed" should be reduced back to zero at war start.

There are simply too many defensive buffs in the game as it is.

Failing ops is not fun gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Swagger View Post
    All active ritual spells should be removed upon entering war and any rituals being "constructed" should be reduced back to zero at war start.

There are simply too many defensive buffs in the game as it is.

Failing ops is not fun gameplay.
    Finally, a contender for most whiney post about changes.

Barrier is quite nice, but if every kd in the world does the same thing it gets stale. More varying rituals are needed.

Thread Information